Pride vs. UFC pay-per-view

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Pride vs. UFC pay-per-view
kublakhan
3/20/07 8:26:56PM
If the rumor about the Fertitti brothers buying Pride is true, and they are going to keep them as seperate entities, what do you all think is the best way to set up cross-promotional fights?

How about 1 or 2 pay-per-views a year, in which a "top dog" from each weight class from both organizations square off. If there's only a total of 3 or 4 UFC vs. Pride superfights each year, then they won't have to worry about diminishing the value of the matchup. It gives everybody something to look forward to without overdoing it. What do you all think?

If this happens, name the first two fights you DEFINITELY have to see?
hathcock32
3/20/07 8:34:47PM
I just think they should still have their own PPV. Just loan each other fighters to make great fights.
johny_rotten
3/20/07 8:47:30PM
Night of Champions!!! WEC vs Pride vs UFC Champions. 1-2 shows a year. One in January and one in July. It would be the best PPV ever.
ButterBalls
3/20/07 9:38:20PM
Dan Christianson vs. Sean O'Haire
Stephan Bonnar vs. Dong Sik Yoon
Chris Leben vs. Ikuhisa Minowa

They could call it PRIDE VS. UFC 1: KING OF THE CANS.
shackle
3/20/07 10:18:53PM
I'm no Leben nutt hugger, but you can pick a better can :) lol

He was almost at the title at one point in time.

There are alot better cans to choose from.

OR should I say alot worst hehe....

Posted by butterballs

ButterBalls
3/20/07 11:08:15PM

Posted by shackle

I'm no Leben nutt hugger, but you can pick a better can :) lol

He was almost at the title at one point in time.

There are alot better cans to choose from.

OR should I say alot worst hehe....

Posted by butterballs

meh, I just hate Chris Leben. And for the record:

roman
3/21/07 2:42:01AM
If it does happen I think they will still keep them seperate (like WWE, Raw and Smackdown) but they will have like a Wrestlemania type thing one time a year where the two champs face off to see who the real badass is. You know the king of Kings. Or at least I hope that's how they will do it.
pv3Hpv3p
3/21/07 11:14:16AM
I would pick Pride's shockwave as the platform to run the giant cross promotion...

What I was thinking:

UFC and Pride both run 2 GP's... Let's say a LHW and a LW...

They could show most of the fights in America... And then the finals in Japan, where they would allow the final tournament style - 2 fights for or the champ/runner-up...

And also throw in a HW double title superfight... Fedor vs CC or Fedor vs Randy, something like that...

It would be the be all end all of PPV's...

You could switch up the format as well... Mix up the fighters from both orgs in each GP...

Whatever... I just love GP's and would love to see how the UFC would work itself out in one...