Pride's Own TUF Show?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Pride's Own TUF Show?
Ultimate_fighter
4/30/07 6:25:12PM
Do you guys think it would be a good idea to have a Pride show, just like Ultimate Fighter? But in Japan or somewhere, just to get some very good rookies into pride and have a HUGE FINALE with TUF and Prides show
mkiv9secsupra
4/30/07 7:04:36PM
bad idea...the tuf show would lose all originality and would most likely have poor audience numbers due to pride still not being a household name like ufc is. plus it would only compete with TUF in UFC which would not draw more viewers but just transfer the hardcore pride fans from watching tuf ufc to the new tuf pride which in turn would produce minimal growth for the company.
shackle
4/30/07 7:21:22PM
Um I don't agree. I think a TUF like show would be great.

Tuf is now at 5, and still brings a nice chunk of viewers. Originality? there has been 5 (soon to be 6) seasons it's not original anymore, and people still watch it.

Pride has to do something I'll tell you that. If UFC starts losing too much money off pride they may shut them down. Compete? they are both UFC owned how would that hurt the owners? I'm sure they didn't get pride to shut it down. other wise they would of already took all the signed Pride fighters over to the UFC. They most likely had a signed contract too.

No matter what it maybe they need a show, No doubt about it. I see a TUF like show may work. Without pride having a TV deal they won't be around long.

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

bad idea...the tuf show would lose all originality and would most likely have poor audience numbers due to pride still not being a household name like ufc is. plus it would only compete with TUF in UFC which would not draw more viewers but just transfer the hardcore pride fans from watching tuf ufc to the new tuf pride which in turn would produce minimal growth for the company.

Gladiator
4/30/07 7:31:52PM
i think it would be awesome if pride had a reality show like tuf but didnt play up the drama so much. give me props for agreeing with you plz
mkiv9secsupra
4/30/07 8:10:53PM

Posted by shackle

Um I don't agree. I think a TUF like show would be great.

Tuf is now at 5, and still brings a nice chunk of viewers. Originality? there has been 5 (soon to be 6) seasons it's not original anymore, and people still watch it.

Pride has to do something I'll tell you that. If UFC starts losing too much money off pride they may shut them down. Compete? they are both UFC owned how would that hurt the owners? I'm sure they didn't get pride to shut it down. other wise they would of already took all the signed Pride fighters over to the UFC. They most likely had a signed contract too.

No matter what it maybe they need a show, No doubt about it. I see a TUF like show may work. Without pride having a TV deal they won't be around long.

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

it wouldnt lose its own originality....its like someone trying to come out with another survior show....everyone will watch the original but the second version would bomb. same with this and every other tv show....sorry im going to school for my MBA so marketing is a huge part of my degree. if you realize what they are doing, they never really had full intentions to keep pride as a real competitor. youll see them sign more fighters from pride and everntually push pride out of the picture. they know that buying a company and just liquidating everything and keeping what they wanted would just piss the fighers and fans off and would have been a big mistake in a buisness standpoint. in 10 years at max pride will be gone....
johny_rotten
4/30/07 8:18:40PM
Pride had something like that already in place, but just not on TV. Pride financed Eric Pulson's huge training facility in Washington. They also put in a 1500 seat venue to put on small shows lead by Pulson to feed talent to Pride. That is why when Josh Barnett joins the commentary crew he has worked with just about everyone that fights.
JimiMak
4/30/07 9:21:49PM
JT for coach!
Ultimate_fighter
5/7/07 8:07:21PM
I think it would be great for Pride,,, look what it has done for the UFC.
JunCTion
5/7/07 8:58:57PM

Posted by Ultimate_fighter

I think it would be great for Pride,,, look what it has done for the UFC.

this would be an awsome idea.
my input would be to make it an international show like pride has always been.
get fighters from around the world since TUF has mostly americans. the fighter that wins his finally has his first official match at a PPV in his home country.
loller90278
5/7/07 10:25:28PM
i think theres a "Pride Challenge" already, am not sure of the name, but its the same concept as TUF. i dont know if its televised tho
Ultimate_fighter
6/22/07 7:21:41PM
There is now a rumour that "a Japanese version of the series is being considered by PRIDE Fighting Championships, which is under a common ownership with the UFC"... Yay