PRIDE Officially Dead?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » PRIDE Officially Dead?
DCRage
10/4/07 4:52:53PM
Story

Posted this in the News forum, but thought I'd mention it here because it's going to be a huge deal. Moreso since it seemed to be carried out by Zuffa, who now owns PRIDE along with UFC. Is this how it all really ends for PRIDE? If yes, an indescribable tragedy not to mention a big mark on Zuffa's record that won't go away anytime soon...if ever. Story
szucconi
10/4/07 4:58:04PM
thats just business.
NatedawgThaM
10/4/07 4:59:03PM
GREAT READ!!! PROPS!!!

His personal opinion is dead right...The Japanesse fans are the best MMA fans because they actually know what there talking about and rooting for and never boo unlike the drunk rednecks in the UFC crowds. Basically the UFC just most of their japanesse fan base so that kills off any idea of ever having another event there...

They should have kept Pride around and done special yearly pay per views to pay tribute to the great company of Pride. I'm still waiting for FEDOR/CC 2 IN A RING!!!!

and also am looking for Soko/Wandy 1!!!! WAR PRIDE!!!
fedorwins1
10/4/07 5:01:08PM
PRIDE NEVER DIE
billycarnage
10/4/07 5:29:44PM
I remember the analogy that it would be like the NFC and AFC coming together. Too bad that ain't true. I loved Pride. UFC is great but I don't like waiting and wishing that they will sign the PRIDE boys. They should pick'em all up and have more Fight Nights. That way there are no questions of who is the best and we would see guys like Kang, Overeem, Barnet, Hunt, Cyborge, Emilianenko bros. the list goes on.
Mastodon2
10/4/07 6:41:47PM

Posted by billycarnage

I remember the analogy that it would be like the NFC and AFC coming together. Too bad that ain't true. I loved Pride. UFC is great but I don't like waiting and wishing that they will sign the PRIDE boys. They should pick'em all up and have more Fight Nights. That way there are no questions of who is the best and we would see guys like Kang, Overeem, Barnet, Hunt, Cyborge, Emilianenko bros. the list goes on.

Man, remember when they told us that it would be like NFC and AFC coming together, and for a moment we were all in heaven, looking at the dream match ups, MMA was going to go to the next level, then reality kicked in, and we remembered that sports business doesnt always work out in the interest of the fans. In this case we got royally done.

I liked MMA more when there were 2 major orgs putting quality shows, espescially Pride, which I always thought was much more slick and professional than UFC, as well as way more exciting. Now we only get half as much major league MMA, and some of my favourite fighters have been completely lost in transition.