Pride 33 NSAC Injury List

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Pride 33 NSAC Injury List
JoeMimic
2/26/07 7:29:17PM
Link

Diaz's minimum US suspension is until April 26th two days before Pride's next US show and a little before the May 5th Elite XC card.
Stickan
2/26/07 9:41:09PM
Great info. Thanks!

What is an orbital floor though? Something to do with the eye socket?
loller90278
2/26/07 9:53:46PM
Greene33
2/26/07 11:41:01PM
Henderson KO'd wandy with a broken hand, amazing...

just read he broke his hand late in the first...
EEKS
2/28/07 12:45:24AM
Great heart by Hendo to still knockout Silva with a broken hand, well deserved win, great info, thanks.
poll77
3/1/07 8:18:34AM
i think he broke his right hand and he knocked him out with the left...hes still a tough son of a bitch
CWall33
3/1/07 9:02:14AM

From here.

"Indirect orbital floor fracture ("blowout fracture") — This occurs when the bony rim of the eye remains intact, but the paper thin floor of the eye socket cracks or ruptures. This can cause a small hole in the floor of the eye socket that can trap parts of the eye muscles and surrounding structures. The injured eye may not move normally in its socket, which can cause double vision. Most blowout fractures are caused by an impact to the front of the eye from something bigger than the eye opening, such as a baseball, a fist or an automobile dashboard. "

That's gotta hurt.
CWall33
3/1/07 9:05:53AM

Posted by poll77

i think he broke his right hand and he knocked him out with the left...hes still a tough son of a bitch

Need to watch the fight again. How many punches did he throw with his right in the 2nd and 3rd rounds?

Hendo needs to cut, and Diaz needs to beef up. Let's see the broken hand vs. blowout fracture tough-man fight.
MartyMorgy
3/1/07 8:53:25PM
In watching the 2nd and 3rd round Hendo doesn't really seem affected by the injury to his hand. In the 3rd round he is still throwing his right hand freely. Most of his punches are big single rights. Right before he knocks out wandy with the left he hits him with a big right.

In an interview after the fight he says he didn't really know. I think there was too much adrenaline to make a difference during the fight.
Brick
3/2/07 7:32:10PM
You know, it's always possible that the line about breaking it in the 1st is B.S.

Personally, I think be broke it after he knocked Wandy out, then tried to jump down on him and put all his weight behind a haymaker that missed and hit the mat. Watch it again, see what you think, just a theory.
Stickan
3/2/07 7:50:38PM

Posted by Brick

You know, it's always possible that the line about breaking it in the 1st is B.S.

Personally, I think be broke it after he knocked Wandy out, then tried to jump down on him and put all his weight behind a haymaker that missed and hit the mat. Watch it again, see what you think, just a theory.

Well Dan's coach Shawn Tompkins even said Hendo broke it in the first and I might be wrong but I think Hendo said it too.