PRIDE 34 MAIN EVENT!!!!!!!!!!!!

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » PRIDE 34 MAIN EVENT!!!!!!!!!!!!
Svartorm
4/4/07 3:39:27AM

This plus the Frye fight just made this the most anticipated card ever.

Source
ac_gi
4/4/07 4:00:50AM
Oh Lord! I hope that is true. If it is, Wandy is getting KO'ed again.
hippysmacker
4/4/07 4:02:42AM
Svartom if this an april fools day joke, I will go berserk on you!
Svartorm
4/4/07 4:07:15AM
Check the source bro. I don't see why chute-box USA would make a fightcard up, especially because the other information they have about the event is factual as well.
hippysmacker
4/4/07 4:15:15AM

Posted by Svartorm

Check the source bro. I don't see why chute-box USA would make a fightcard up, especially because the other information they have about the event is factual as well.

I'm just joshing ya bro, I checked the source before I posted. If they are making this up I will ...... write them a harsh e-mail?
FortySixBelow
4/4/07 5:43:42AM
Holy crap!
MMA
4/4/07 8:30:46AM
You know, I sticky'd the PRIDE 34 thread so people could make these kinds of announcements there. =\
johny_rotten
4/4/07 9:24:35AM
If this is true Pride is about 3-4 years to late. This would have been an ideal main event a few years back when they were both in thier prime. Igor hasn't stepped in the ring in 2 years, after an awfull 2005.

I am still excited about the prospect of this fight, but I wish I saw it when I was sure both of the fighters would be at thier best.
ffforgottenx
4/4/07 10:28:57AM
I'm STOKED to see Igor coming back to Pride, that's the best news i've gotten all week, and the fight is this weekend.. that fight alone makes me want to watch the PPV..

that being said, Igor by KO.. sorry wand
pv3Hpv3p
4/4/07 10:31:16AM
Very excited to see Igor back... This could be a great fight... We haven't seen Igor in years and Wandy has been on a skid... This might well be the perfect matchup for both of them...

What do you guys think happens if Wanderlei loses... Three KO's in a row cannot be good for a career.
cowcatcher
4/4/07 10:50:38AM
if wandy does lose(i think he will), the chuck wandy fight will sadly definately not happen, in fact im not sure what exactly wandy would do from there. hes not used to small paydays or fighting midlevel fighters so a guess is that he leaves prode to get bigger money being a big fish in a small pond elsewhere, im just not sure he'll leave shogun behind though, they seem inseperable.
ffforgottenx
4/4/07 10:58:49AM
i think the UFC would still pick him up if he loses to Igor, we just won't see him fighting Chuck anytime soon (if ever)
warglory
4/4/07 1:17:59PM
wow...great match! I am a fan of both of these guys, but I will be rooting for Igor.
mkiv9secsupra
4/4/07 1:22:30PM
So if wandy loses is this going to soil his career or will he still go down as a legend?
Gogoplata
4/4/07 1:39:48PM

Posted by Svartorm

Source

Are we sure this isn't an April Fool's hoax?
loller90278
4/4/07 3:37:40PM
this card went from halfway decent to one of the best cards ive seen!
Svartorm
4/4/07 4:32:29PM

Posted by Gogoplata

Posted by Svartorm

Source

Are we sure this isn't an April Fool's hoax?

Thats what I thought at first, but I think no for two reasons.

1. Its April 4th and they'd probably have said "April Fools!" by now.
2. Its not all that wacky. If they'd said Silva vs. Rickson Gracie, or Silva vs. Mike Tyson, that would have been more joke like.

I found this as well:

- WANDERLEI VS. VOVCHANCHYN AT PRIDE 34?
Wednesday, April 04, 2007 - by MMAWeekly.com

The Chute Boxe USA official website is saying that Wanderlei Silva is set to fight Igor Vovchanchyn this weekend at Pride 34. Although Pride’s official website (the Japanese version) does list Wanderlei Silva as a participant, Pride has not yet announced the fight.

One stumbling block could be Silva’s suspension in Nevada. Following his knockout loss at the hands of Dan Henderson in February, he was medically suspended until April 11, 2007 due to damage sustained in the fight. Silva can be cleared to fight this weekend if he goes through the proper medical clearance procedures set forth by the Nevada State Athletic Commission and there is still time for that to get done.

The fight with Vovchanchyn would be Silva’s first since losing the Pride Middleweight Championship to Henderson in Las Vegas. Vovchanchyn hasn’t fought in more than a year and a half, since losing back-to-back fights to Kazuhiro Nakamura and Alistair Overeem.

JoeMimic
4/4/07 4:34:56PM
To me this is far from the most anticipated card ever but to each his own. I sure hope Wandy doesn't get his brains scrambled again.
cjandnw
4/4/07 5:12:58PM
Make me tap if this is stupid, but, are you all panning to watch the original airing at 3AM EDT? Or will you all watch a rebroadcast the next day?
Svartorm
4/4/07 7:16:17PM
If I was on the west coast, I'd watch it, but no way am I staying up that late to watch fights. I figure we'll DVR it and watch it after Easter Dinner or something.
Stickan
4/4/07 7:29:58PM
I don't want Wandy to lose another fight but I don't want Vov to lose either. I just hope it's gonna be a war with both fighters looking good and getting praised after the fight.

Kinda like Sanchez - Parisyan. Nobody was talking bad about Karo for losing that fight.
johny_rotten
4/4/07 8:16:19PM
I can't imagine paying for this PPV even if the Wandy/Igor fight happens. It is probably the worst card DSE has ever made available. I will definitely wait till easter then download it for free.

I won't be surprised when Wandy comes in looking for a take down early in this fight. Igor's only chance is is catching Wandy with a big counter punch, so Silva should play it safe in my opion. I really don't want to see either of these warriors lose. It could lead to either of them giving up the fight game, and would be a horrible way for either to end their great careers.
jaba
4/4/07 8:21:55PM
hope wandy dosent shamrock his whole career
cjandnw
4/4/07 9:19:47PM
I'm definitely rooting for the Axe Murderer! 2nd round submission to triangle choke.

Of course I won't know until after Easter dinner either.

Butter Bean???
ac_gi
4/4/07 11:20:24PM

Posted by jaba

hope wandy dosent shamrock his whole career

jaba's av = Wow, those are the most fake breasts I’ve ever seen. Still nice though.

After thinking about this fight some more... I still think Wandy gets KO'ed. The fact that it will be a LH fight tells me that Igor will be in shape. I thought Igor looked real good in his fight with Nakamura, Igor just failed to catch him with that big shot and lost the decision. Pride isn't doing Wandy any favors.
BadSanta
4/4/07 11:46:35PM
Well, MMAplayground.com has added it to the roster for your upcoming events. I'm betting on Wanderlei...I think he's truly desperate to remain relevant and will fight like a rabid animal.