Former pride vs ufc lhw gp (Just for fun)

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Former pride vs ufc lhw gp (Just for fun)
Aaronno9
5/10/08 5:28:12PM
All the fights are the usual three 5 minute rounds, the final 5 rounds. All the fighters are 100%.

Round 1

Machida vs Wandy

Forrest vs Shogun 2

Jardine Vs Rampage

Chuck vs Hendo

Round 2

Winner of match 1 vs winner of match 4

Winner of match 2 vs winner of match 3

FInal

Who do you think would take it?

I think it goes like this

Machida Decisions Wandy
Shogun Tko's Forrest
Rampage Tko's jardine
Chuck Decisions Hendo

Chuck wins a sd against Machidia
Shogun Tko's Rampage

Chuck K.o's Shogun.
Jackelope
5/10/08 5:43:16PM
As of right now although Machida is impressive, I don't feel he's done anything to convince me he could beat Wandy. So I'm going with Wandy by KO.

With Shogun losing to Forrest already, I can see him coming in full of fire and scoring a KO over Forrest.

Jardine already lost a brawl to Houston Alexander, and I think Rampage would take that brawl to the next level. Rampage by KO

Chuck vs. Hendo is an interesting match up for damn sure. Chuck's movement around the Octagon might nullify Hendo's clinch, but Hendo's chin could nullify Chuck's KO power. I guess I'd have to go with a decision victory for Chuck as much as that pains me to say. It could just as easily go as a KO victory for Hendo if Chuck got stupid and wanted to mix up in close with Hendo. Still, I'll stick with Chuck for the UD.

Second round-

Chuck fights Wanderlei and the result is much the same as their first fight. Chuck stays out of Wanderlei's reach and earns the UD.

Shogun would bring it to Rampage much the same as in pride. I don't feel that Rampage has proven he's stepped up his clinch defense, and I'd go with Shogun for a TKO again.

Third round-

Shogun would work those leg kicks against Chuck even better than Jardine did, and eventually Shogun would earn the SD.

Hate to come off as a shogun nut hugger, but the matchups favor him in this one, IMO.

juanez13
5/10/08 5:51:30PM
Wandy 2nd round TKO

Shogun 1st/2nd round KO (shogun 100% i think would beat forrest, would be a war but i see shogun catching forrest with a flury of punches to end the fight)

Rampe 1st/2nd Rnd TKO/KO (i just see Rampage being better in every aspect)

Chuck UD(hardest fight to pick)

Round 2

Chuck UD (as mentioned before, chuck would stay out of wandy reach and beat him to a decision)

Shogun UD/TKO (again a healthy shogun i think would beat Page)

Finals

Chuck Vs Shogun

Shogun UD (if shogun gets smart, he would come with a gameplan like jardines. kick and move away, he's got better kicks than jardine, and his brawling ability is much better, and has a better chin)

John_Jobber
5/10/08 10:55:29PM
Machida by dec. vs Wandy - Machida is now somewhat proven and def consistent
Shogun by tko. vs Forrest - Forrest cries...
Rampage by tko(slam) vs Jardine - belly to back suplex
Hendo by dec. vs Chuck - Hendo gets a takedown from a clinch then hangs on for dear life for the win.

Machida by dec. vs Hendo - possibly the most boring matchup in the history of competitive sports. no KOs here.

Rampage by tko vs Shogun - ground and pound

FINAL:

Machida by dec. vs Rampage - Machida would stump and confuse Rampage who does not like being on his back.

I know these aren't the most popular picks but I have a lot of confidence in Machida. He's one to watch for.
Pookie
5/10/08 11:51:56PM

Machida via UD over Wanderlei - Wanderlei's aggressive style leaves many holes in his defense and i expect Machida to win by countering wanderlei similar to Cro-Cop vs. Wandy 2, but with alot less destruction.

Shogun Via Tko round 3 over Forrest - Shogun at 100% is a cardio machine and i think he would catch forrest in an exchange similar to jardine, and then finish him on teh ground with some beautiful ground and pound.

Rampage TKo's Jardine Round 2 - Rampage would completely take jardine out of his comfort zone and IMO would destroy him on the inside with uppercuts and hooks.

Hendo Ko's Chuck 2nd round - I dont think chuck has enough power to hurt hendo with his punches but i do feel Hendo has enough power to hurt chuck with his punches, add into that his better stand-up defense and technique and i can see him bullying chuck around.

Machida Defeats Hendo by UD - Machida's evasiveness and mobility would spell disaster for hendo IMO, machida would hang on the outside scoring 9-10 punches for every punch hendo lands. Just a terrible style match-up for Hendo. Add into the mix that Machida is training with Nog and Anderson... who on the ground know what to do to handle anything Hendo does with their BJJ.

Shogun Defeats Rampage via TKo round 3 - Shogun and rampage both come forward, this makes it easy for Shogun to get the Muay Thai clinch. I see shogun slowly wearing Rampage down over the first 2 rounds and finally finishing him with knees in the third. ALot closer than the first IMO, rampage might even win the first round.

Shogun Defeats Machida via Tko round 2 in the finals
Shogun is probably the best striker in the entire division when hes at 100%, And he always comes forwards. I think any place where machida has range, Shogun will too. I also think he has the better kicks which would keep machida from picking him apart as he comes in. I see it as a close match with Shogun coming forward chasing him. Machida landing the more strikes but shogun doing more damage. In the second round i think Shogun will drop him with a right hook and then finish him via God punch (see: Overeem vs. Rua)

cmill21
5/10/08 11:54:04PM

Posted by juanez13

Wandy 2nd round TKO

Shogun 1st/2nd round KO (shogun 100% i think would beat forrest, would be a war but i see shogun catching forrest with a flury of punches to end the fight)

Rampe 1st/2nd Rnd TKO/KO (i just see Rampage being better in every aspect)

Chuck UD(hardest fight to pick)

Round 2

Chuck UD (as mentioned before, chuck would stay out of wandy reach and beat him to a decision)

Shogun UD/TKO (again a healthy shogun i think would beat Page)

Finals

Chuck Vs Shogun

Shogun UD (if shogun gets smart, he would come with a gameplan like jardines. kick and move away, he's got better kicks than jardine, and his brawling ability is much better, and has a better chin)

I agree with all of your picks. I could see Chuck vs Hendo going either way though. Tough fights to pick.