Pride Fighter Introduction

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Pride Fighter Introduction
tooly236
9/29/08 9:36:47PM
I can not remember the name of that girl with the crazy voice that used to do the figthter introduction for the pride shows, I want to show my buddy some clips of her but can not find any. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
bojangalz
9/29/08 9:51:42PM
Lenne Hardt

I actually had no idea who she was until the last Inside MMA episode. She was on about 40 mins into the show. I always figured that voice was coming from some leathery old japanize bag who had seen better days. Needless to say...my imagination was little far from reality on that one.

The Japanize fans seem to love her. I personally cannot stand her. However, I do find it a little harder to despize her now that I know she just a little old lady.
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
Naturaldisaster
9/29/08 10:08:11PM
when she introduces Aleksander emelianenko, its creeps me out
tooly236
9/29/08 10:51:35PM

Posted by bojangalz

Lenne Hardt

I actually had no idea who she was until the last Inside MMA episode. She was on about 40 mins into the show. I always figured that voice was coming from some leathery old japanize bag who had seen better days. Needless to say...my imagination was little far from reality on that one.

The Japanize fans seem to love her. I personally cannot stand her. However, I do find it a little harder to despize her now that I know she just a little old lady.

Thanks man, props to you
cmill21
9/30/08 1:07:37AM
I absolutly love Lenne Heart. She's amazing.
jiujitsufreak74
9/30/08 1:38:02AM
i love the way she says Aoki. every time she introduces him i get so pumped for some reason. and i also laugh uncontrollably whenever she does Akiyama...it is just too ridiculous to type out
fonduktoe
9/30/08 1:42:54AM
always wondered when she'd come up in a thread
always entertaining to hear her intros
she'd add real flare to the presidential debates
CantAndleDaRiddum
9/30/08 5:17:35AM
she's like dick vitale

u either love her or hate her

i personally love her, but it wouldnt work in the ufc unless they made the entrances a lil more theatrical (which im all for by the way)
loller90278
9/30/08 6:23:00AM

Posted by fonduktoe

always wondered when she'd come up in a thread
always entertaining to hear her intros
she'd add real flare to the presidential debates

bbbbbbaaaaaaaaaaRRRRRRRraaaaaaaaaaaaaakkkkkkkkkkk

oooooooooooooBAAAAAAAAMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!
CantAndleDaRiddum
9/30/08 6:42:09AM
you tube vid comparing hardt to buffer
link
Jimbo
9/30/08 8:33:18AM
lol i love those intros, but im abit dissapointed coz i really didnt picture her that way at all, i didnt even picture the person as a woman lol i always pictured the person as a skinny japanese guy with long hair and sweet massive black sunglasses. Kinda like the guy on Bloodsport that says "oh Dux, like put up your Dux right?" but with long hair and the sweet shades. i think this is him lol
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
cowcatcher
9/30/08 8:37:16AM
my picture of a little old japanese lady is ruined now, but no matter what she looks like, that lady kicks ass!
DCRage
9/30/08 8:53:28AM
Is she doing DREAM now? I was watching the DREAM 6 preview from HDNet fights a couple years ago and I'm pretty sure I heard what sounded like her voice after the fights.
juanez13
9/30/08 9:36:22AM

Posted by DCRage

Is she doing DREAM now? I was watching the DREAM 6 preview from HDNet fights a couple years ago and I'm pretty sure I heard what sounded like her voice after the fights.

yea, she has done every DREAM event so far.
MALICE
9/30/08 9:52:35AM
Looks like I'm in a huge minority here, but I'll take Buffer over her any day. She is too over the top for me. She is very talented, I'll give her that, but way too flashy. I like a short walk-in with some music and that's it. I don't want any fighter raising out of a stage. Maybe I'm a little old school or something. I don't know.
grappler0000
9/30/08 10:07:42AM
Here is Lenne as Claudia from Silent Hill 3

Video

emfleek
9/30/08 10:26:18AM

Posted by xxMALICExx

Looks like I'm in a huge minority here, but I'll take Buffer over her any day. She is too over the top for me. She is very talented, I'll give her that, but way too flashy. I like a short walk-in with some music and that's it. I don't want any fighter raising out of a stage. Maybe I'm a little old school or something. I don't know.

I agree (and couldn't agree more) with everything you said. Props.
bojangalz
9/30/08 5:00:54PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by xxMALICExx

Guess that makes three of us. I think she's great at what she does. And I think she's a great fit for what Japaneze fans want. But I personally don't like her style at all.
The-Don
10/1/08 2:29:21PM

Posted by bojangalz

Posted by emfleek

Posted by xxMALICExx

Guess that makes three of us. I think she's great at what she does. And I think she's a great fit for what Japaneze fans want. But I personally don't like her style at all.

add 4.. I like the simpler UFC introductions.. Don't get me wrong i liked the pride ones as well.. but to me it was too WWE and while I am a wrestling fan.. I like MMA for the Lack of theatricsits a fight.. serious injures can occur it should be treated a ad bit more seriously...
Wolfenstein
10/1/08 5:09:56PM
I hate long introductions, especially when they're on a UFC PPV event. I just feel like the clocks ticking on what could be an extra prelim fight.

The girl who did the announcing for Pride...frankly sometimes I had to turn the volume down because her voice was so shrill.

Sometimes over the top entrances can be pretty funny though, like when Mayhem Miller kicked the heads off two pinatas then ripped the third one in half.
disorderlyvision
10/1/08 7:15:33PM
she sounds like fingernails on a chalk board...seriously!
Ben_Hutch
10/2/08 4:44:26PM
I made a Highlights video of her a while ago lol, here it is:

Vid on youtube
big_timmy
10/4/08 9:44:56PM
One of the greatest entrances i've seen was Anderson Silvas first? fight in Pride. He walked out doing the greatest dance i've ever seen. Sure it was over done, but these men are the best fighters i the world, give them their entrance.

I love the fact they get their own entance music, i love seeing what they walk out to, somtimes im nearly as pumped as they are cause of it and its better they walk into the octagon, and get to do their own thing, then the introductinos come.
JimiMak
10/5/08 12:58:30PM
I have always LOVED her. I'm so glad to see a thread supporting her.

tooly236
10/5/08 6:30:22PM
Although her Chuck Liddell introduction was a little lackluster to say the least.
cmill21
10/6/08 12:31:43AM

Posted by tooly236

Although her Chuck Liddell introduction was a little lackluster to say the least.

Don't think they wanted to make Chuck feel welcomed lol.
RhythmAndStyle
10/8/08 11:56:06AM
lucky day for you..i have a topic saved under my Sherdog sn..with info bout her..p.s. she from Canada...