UFC and Pride FC Discussion Forum .....

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » UFC and Pride FC Discussion Forum .....
keith-hackney1
5/18/08 10:05:31AM
Forum Administrators ... With the death of the old pride, and the birth of the new pride, Shouldn't the name of this discussion forum be now appropriately
named " UFC and DREAM discussion Forum" ???

What do you guys think ... ???

Cheers

juanez13
5/18/08 10:15:25AM
DREAM is not in the Primary League yet so the quick answer is no, by next season if they make it into the primary league than the change can be made.
IriShame
5/18/08 11:11:54AM
PRIDE DOESN'T EXIST! Why is it still in the primary leagues?
keith-hackney1
5/18/08 11:15:07AM

Posted by IriShame

Right there on the nail by IriShame, got it in one ....

Thats the whole point of my thread.
JimiMak
5/18/08 11:17:55AM

Posted by IriShame

And Dream should be? Any org that wants to be part of the primary league will have to show a good track record and lots of hope for being, not only around in a cpl years, a long lasting powerhouse org. Noone is close enuf yet.

I don't know why they leave the PRIDE name up, but I think it is a fitting tribute til someone else can show they deserve the spot.
juanez13
5/18/08 11:29:02AM

Posted by JimiMak

Posted by IriShame

it is a fitting tribute til someone else can show they deserve the spot.

Pitbull09
5/18/08 1:04:33PM
1. Dream has only began 4 tournaments and is jsut beginning. Its still not sure if they will stay together 10 events down the road.

2. Dream is not the new Pride. If it is, people could argue WVR is also. Fedor, Nog, Wanderlei, Henderson, and Shogun are not in Dream and those were the core names you associated with Pride. If your going to use Mirko as a name, then consider UFC has 4 of the big names and previously had Mirko.

I dont see why people want a new promotion moved so quickly to the main league now that Pride is gone. Its becoming a lets find an antiUFC promotion then really what people are say which is a newPride promotion. If any promotion deserves the main league, I would have to say its Elite XC. They have been only going up and soon will be on national television.
papercut
5/18/08 2:15:45PM

Posted by JimiMak

Posted by IriShame

And Dream should be? Any org that wants to be part of the primary league will have to show a good track record and lots of hope for being, not only around in a cpl years, a long lasting powerhouse org. Noone is close enuf yet.

I don't know why they leave the PRIDE name up, but I think it is a fitting tribute til someone else can show they deserve the spot.

I think WEC has earned it...
jiujitsufreak74
5/18/08 2:39:47PM

Posted by papercut

Posted by JimiMak

Posted by IriShame

I think WEC has earned it...

i disagree. and they are gutting the WEC in the near future anyway...at least LHW and MW. the WEC has sub-par fighters in a lot of their divisions. they only have a few recognizable names and they are pretty much the UFC farm league. they are the perfect candidate for a secondary league team...not a primary spot. imo, Dream is the closest as of now, but even that is still a ways off.
MMA
5/18/08 2:52:39PM
PRIDE has been dead for awhile now and I have been trying to get the stupid UFC vs. PRIDE thread unpinned but apparently people just won't let that die. =\