How does Pride card stack up now?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » How does Pride card stack up now?
fedorwins1
2/21/07 5:55:58PM
Now that Nakamura is out with an injury and Yvel can't get a license to fight. Does this sway your chances of getting this PPV or is it still a monster card?
hippysmacker
2/21/07 6:09:36PM
I'm a MMA addict, I gotta buy it. I wish they would throw a couple more matches on though, I still can't belive that intermission they had on the real deal-replaying entire fight's to fill dead air. Not good, I think they probably won't buy 4 hours Of PPV time this go around. Some good fight's though
xthe_scottx
2/21/07 8:40:51PM
I agree with hippysmacker. Though they lost Nakamura who I was looking forward to seeing fight, I really don't care about Yvel. Also, there are some other good fights on this card like Gomi vs Diaz / Rua vs Overeem and I always love seeing either Nogueira and Hansen. My decision is definitely not swayed.
Reignofterror
2/21/07 8:50:47PM
I'm even more excited to see Kharitonov back in action then i was for Nakamura vs Wiuff. This is a monster card loaded with talent and every MMA fan should order this.
JoeMimic
2/21/07 9:04:50PM

Posted by hippysmacker

I'm a MMA addict, I gotta buy it. I wish they would throw a couple more matches on though, I still can't belive that intermission they had on the real deal-replaying entire fight's to fill dead air. Not good, I think they probably won't buy 4 hours Of PPV time this go around. Some good fight's though

I don't know about that; Comcast Guide is saying 5:30pm-10pm for me out here on the West Coast.
OB_Juan
2/21/07 9:51:02PM

Posted by JoeMimic

Posted by hippysmacker

I don't know about that; Comcast Guide is saying 5:30pm-10pm for me out here on the West Coast.

Yeah, same here. 8:30 - 1am East coast. But remmeber that long ass intermission they had last time. :(
madmarck
2/21/07 10:45:03PM
Um those two fights werent the biggest on the card IMO. Im not gonna miss Nakumara or Travis fighting a whole lot. Sergei is still on the card so that is cool. I am much more pumped to see Diaz vs Gomi and Wandy vs Hendo Not to mention Misaki vs Trigg.
Svartorm
2/22/07 12:44:59AM
I think its still potentially a good card, although any event can look great on paper and end up being terrible. The first round of the last MWGP in Pride looked like a dream card and ended up being a pretty ho-hum affair.
Greene33
2/22/07 1:23:04PM
I was planning on getting it before they announced the fights.. glad i have TIvo so i can ff that damn intermission..
pv3Hpv3p
2/22/07 1:45:08PM
I hardley ever buy Pride PPV's for some reason or another (none of my buddies watch it and I'm having a hell of a time getting them into it)... So, I always end up just adding the DVD's to my collection, and getting a select few to watch some Pride events at some point. Better than sitting at home and watching it myself I guess...

This is going to be the first Pride PPV that I was planning on ordering in a long time, and I am really hoping to 'sell' my buddies on it...

I don't think the loss of either fighter will hurt the card too much...

I think Gomi / Diaz will steal the show...

Rua / Oveream II will be a great fight, if for nothing else then exposing more people to Shogun...

Wandy / Hendo should be good, Wandy is constantly going forward and Hendo is very very hard to finish...

And I think Sergei, Hansen, and Trigg are all good at making fights exciting...

The card still looks good to me... Hopefully my friends will see it the same way, so I don't have to watch Pride by myself anymore.
hippysmacker
2/22/07 2:05:07PM
I feel ya man. I have never had more than 10 people for a pride card, and it's usually just 4 to 6. I always have 15 minumum at UFC's and 22 once.Keep selling them on it bro, the more people we get into MMA, the bigger it will get.
pv3Hpv3p
2/22/07 3:02:01PM

Posted by hippysmacker

I feel ya man. I have never had more than 10 people for a pride card, and it's usually just 4 to 6. I always have 15 minumum at UFC's and 22 once.Keep selling them on it bro, the more people we get into MMA, the bigger it will get.

Hopefully with a card like this it won't be hard... Standup wars seem to sell people on MMA, and this card could have some good ones...

Really wish the Sergei / Gilbert - "Loser Eats Soup For a Couple of Weeks" fight was still on though.
zephead
2/22/07 6:02:31PM
It doesn't matter to me who drops out, I'll get it. Fights are fights. I love all MMA. If it's on, I'm getting it. Plus, money is no object.