Pride Bushido 9: Yves Edwards vs Joachim Hansen -- Great Fight

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Pride Bushido 9: Yves Edwards vs Joachim Hansen -- Great Fight
ufc88
5/5/08 5:27:34PM
if you havent seen this fight its very back and fourth some great mixed martial arts
i highly recommend watching it
Jackelope
5/5/08 6:17:08PM
UFC needs to sign the Hellboy, IMO. He's got a lot of promise and he always puts on exciting fights
juanez13
5/5/08 6:46:40PM

Posted by Jackelope

UFC needs to sign the Hellboy, IMO. He's got a lot of promise and he always puts on exciting fights

....+ he is the whole package, Good striking (better than 99% of the UFC's LW's) Good jits and even good takedowns....

but better yet, the UFC is packed with wrestlers, im sure we would see a couple Knee KO's from hansen.
jimmypockets
5/5/08 7:03:49PM
Unfortunately Hansen looks at singing with the UFC like he is signing his life away. Unless the UFC changes the structure of the organization I doubt you will ever see him in the UFC.
juanez13
5/5/08 9:33:36PM

Posted by jimmypockets

Unfortunately Hansen looks at singing with the UFC like he is signing his life away. Unless the UFC changes the structure of the organization I doubt you will ever see him in the UFC.

i dont think its that, i think its the same reason why Gomi/sakurai/Kid yamamoto and other big stars from japan dont want to cross over to the US, its because its hard for both, they are Big stars in Japan (BIG) and they are making pretty damn good money, cross over to the US and i'd say less than 20% know who they are, its a big change, and it would cost the UFC a lot of $$ to build this guys up, with the chance of loosing big (Ex. Cro Cop)
NatedawgThaM
5/5/08 11:06:54PM
Very crazy fight! Both are two of my favorite lightweights!!! Joachim is pretty inconsistent but he's still a great fighter! And you almost got to love Yves Edwards! Never in dull fight. His two fights with Hermes Franca were also pretty sweet! He loses better then a lot of fighters win!!!
pv3Hpv3p
5/6/08 9:37:23AM

Posted by juanez13

Posted by jimmypockets

i dont think its that, i think its the same reason why Gomi/sakurai/Kid yamamoto and other big stars from japan dont want to cross over to the US, its because its hard for both, they are Big stars in Japan (BIG) and they are making pretty damn good money, cross over to the US and i'd say less than 20% know who they are, its a big change, and it would cost the UFC a lot of $$ to build this guys up, with the chance of loosing big (Ex. Cro Cop)

That might be partially right... But there were a few interviews out where Hansen actually talked about why he didn't sign with the UFC and his reason's were what was stated above.... There was a quote in there where he reffered to signing with the UFC as "selling his soul"... (I think they tried to lowball him too, that's just my opinion though)

Hansen is one of my fav's (as you can probably tell by the av)... But I think Yves got robbed in that fight
tomp6581
5/6/08 12:27:43PM

Posted by ufc88

if you havent seen this fight its very back and fourth some great mixed martial arts
i highly recommend watching it

I know! I recently bought the uk dvds and that fight is amazing.
Gladiator
5/6/08 12:46:57PM
The whole Bushido 9 event is great actually, i loved gomi vs kawajiri one of the best fights ive ever seen. kind of off topic but i would love to see kid yamamoto fight urijah faber in the WEC.
pv3Hpv3p
5/7/08 11:07:13AM

Posted by Gladiator

The whole Bushido 9 event is great actually, i loved gomi vs kawajiri one of the best fights ive ever seen. kind of off topic but i would love to see kid yamamoto fight urijah faber in the WEC.

I just rewatched Kawajiri vs Melendez from Shockwave 06 and that shit was off the hook as well... Crusher puts on some great fights...