Pride 34

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Pride 34
« Previous Page | Next Page »
argile
3/3/07 3:41:16AM
oh shit. LIVE. thats dope.
loller90278
3/3/07 1:59:04PM
"Defeating Antonio Rogerio Nogueira by TKO in a mere 23 seconds of the first round, Sokoudjou "African Assassin" is the new star of the Middleweight class. Mr. Sakakibara announced that he will be fighting again at PRIDE.34 "Kamikaze" although his opponent has not yet been decided. Sokoudjou is willing to fight anyone except Dan Henderson. When told that Sokoudjou wishes to see PRIDE being held in Africa, Mr. Sakakibara replied, "If we're going to have it in Africa, I would like to hold the match in the savanna instead of on the ring, and see Sokoudjou fight a giraffe."

SOKO VS GIRAFFE ...
SOKO VIA KO! (right HIIIIIIIIIGH kick)
CWall33
3/5/07 11:24:11AM
Just heard a rumor that Pride34 will take place at 1 PM in Japan, on the 8th.
If I'm not mistaken, that would be 11 PM EST on the 7th.
Same time slot as UFC 69. I hope this isn't true.
loller90278
3/10/07 12:53:10PM
CONFIRMED FIGHTERS !!

"You can officially pencil in Mark Hunt, Hidehiko Yoshida and Ikuhisa Minowa as confirmed participants for the upcoming PRIDE 34 card, set for April 8 in Japan.

The card will be the first to emanate from Japan, scheduled at a time so that it can be broadcast via pay-per view live (no delay at all) in the United States.

No opponents for the three combatants have been named, but as soon as we hear more we'll be sure to update you. "

www.mmanews.com

wow they really want to make it work in the united states, the event in japan must be really early? anybody know the time difference lets say if it is 6pm in usa (pacific time) to japan time ?
Spiderman
3/10/07 7:13:48PM
its 7 hours , allthough i think its really 17 ... if its 1 pm in japan its 8 pm here in the usa pacific time .

just go in your control panel , and set your time zone [ on your pc ] and you can find the time anywhere in the world .
loller90278
3/13/07 12:53:26PM
MORE CONFIRMED FIGHTERS !!

"Pride has confirmed several fighters for their April 8th show, Pride 34: Kamikaze.

First to be announced were Mark Hunt, Josh Barnett, Kazuyuki Fujita, Denis Kang, Ikuhisa Minowa and Makoto Takimoto. Also on the card will be Eric "Butterbean" Esch and Wagner da Conceicao Martins (AKA Zuluzinhio), who are believed to be facing one another.

The most recent Pride 34 name to be confirmed by DSE is Wanderlei Silva. This is particularly interesting because the Nevada State Athletic Commission have strictly suspended Silva until April 11th following his KO loss to Dan Henderson at Pride 33: The Second Coming.

This flouting of NSAC’s ruling strongly indicates that Pride do not intend to return to Nevada any time soon."

www.mmauniverse.com

hehe, would love to see butterbean vs zulu..
i don't think denis kang will be fighting, because he broke his hand recently =(
Svartorm
3/14/07 5:31:19AM
According the our local cable company, the event will be shown at 3am, April 8th. We're on the East Coast, so it'll be on Midnight on the West Coast. Kind of a weird set up, but we'll just get the replay at 8pm that night.
warglory
3/14/07 1:12:04PM

Posted by butterballs

I hate it when they do that. Looks like another $200 cable bill....and I thought December sucked....

Would that be the New England Metalfest?
Greene33
3/14/07 1:52:16PM
They are having Wandy fight again this early? Not a good move IMO, unless they sign Danny Abbadi to fight him...
CWall33
3/14/07 3:00:38PM
It looks official. According to the Pride website, PRIDE 34 will be shown live at 2:30 AM (EST) on April 8th. An hour and a half after UFC 69.

That's one LONG night of MMA. I've got a feeling this will not work out well for Pride. Not many people beyond the hardcore fans are gonna pull an all-nighter to see it live.
loller90278
3/14/07 3:06:48PM

Posted by CWall33

It looks official. According to the Pride website, PRIDE 34 will be shown live at 2:30 AM (EST) on April 8th. An hour and a half after UFC 69.

That's one LONG night of MMA. I've got a feeling this will not work out well for Pride. Not many people beyond the hardcore fans are gonna pull an all-nighter to see it live.

agreed.i'd rather it before ufc then after. but i'll still watch it.
Greene33
3/14/07 4:06:10PM

Posted by CWall33

An all nighter of MMA? Sign me up!
gspfan31
3/14/07 5:38:44PM

Posted by Svartorm

According the our local cable company, the event will be shown at 3am, April 8th. We're on the East Coast, so it'll be on Midnight on the West Coast. Kind of a weird set up, but we'll just get the replay at 8pm that night.

april 7-8 is going to be a long 48 hours
JuggaloWarrior878
3/15/07 2:13:26AM
how anyone could not enjoy yoshida fighting is ridiculous the wars he had with wandy were incredible and beating mark hunt (even if he didnt have much ground game then hes still huge) plus the thompson fight was entertaining as hell
Svartorm
3/15/07 3:14:15AM

Posted by warglory

Posted by butterballs

I hate it when they do that. Looks like another $200 cable bill....and I thought December sucked....

Would that be the New England Metalfest?

Yup, although Pride has cancelled that event, so I guess its a mote point now. You going?
loller90278
3/15/07 2:26:15PM
ONE AMAZING FIGHTER CONFIRMED !!

"Zelg Galesic making his debut on Pride 34...finally. Little Crocop has arived.

World-renowned middleweights will definitely be hungry to battle with the young prospect. Galesic has one message - bring it on.

“If I can open-spar Mirko,” says Galesic, "then I can fight with anyone in the world.”

“PRIDE provides the best test for me at my weight,” explains Galesic. “I get a lot of support in Japan, so I think this is where I am meant to start my journey to the proverbial big time.”

The Marauder, who may very well become a middleweight Cro Cop, is actually a training partner of the PRIDE Open-Weight Champion and attributes much of his success to his fellow Croatian.

“Mirko I train together regularly,” says Galesic. “If he has a big fight coming up then he calls me up to spar. Mirko is a big inspiration for me. He has improved my game and has taught me a lot about strategy. But most importantly, he has given me confidence.”
loller90278
3/16/07 1:10:15PM
!! CONFIRMED FIGHTS !!

There was a press conference yesterday @ the Tokyo DSE office. 3 bouts have been confirmed for the next PRIDE event in Japan.

PRIDE.34 - KAMIKAZE - April 8th, 2007
Saitama Super Arena
Shinya Aoki VS. brian loanjoe
Sokoudjou VS. Ricardo Arona
Makoto Takimoto VS. Zelg "Benkei" Galesic

Also, the PPV will be LIVE in the US for the first time.
April 7th 11:30pm PST
April 8th 2:30am EST

I know it may be late for some of you, but it's a Saturday night! Get together with friends, order the PPV and have a Kamikaze party or something.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i'll order kamikaze JUST to see aoki - my favorite fighterrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
why are they feeding him a can (dont really know who he is ) i dont understand
WAR AOKI!
WAR SOKO!
WAR ZELG!

Sam_Rothstein
3/23/07 4:33:38AM
i heard some thing on sherdog.com where he said josh neer was fighting for pride and i saw on another mma site that he was scheduled for the pride 34. that would be cool hahaha
nellyhiphophead
3/23/07 11:38:41AM
nice neer could get down to 160 and kill. he is always in there for a hard fight.
pv3Hpv3p
3/23/07 12:16:35PM

Posted by nellyhiphophead

nice neer could get down to 160 and kill. he is always in there for a hard fight.

I heard that he wanted to fight at 155 all along, but the UFC wanted him to stay at WW??? I don't know if that makes any sense, just a rumor... Hope we do get to see him fighting somewhere soon...
cowcatcher
3/23/07 1:12:42PM
i heard these 2 were announced as well: Gilbert Yvel vs. Volk Ataev & Butterbean Vs Zulu not too impressed with the card as of yet but we'll see
nellyhiphophead
3/23/07 1:14:24PM

Posted by cowcatcher

i heard these 2 were announced as well: Gilbert Yvel vs. Volk Ataev & Butterbean Vs Zulu not too impressed with the card as of yet but we'll see

not at all so far
Sam_Rothstein
3/24/07 4:42:42AM
yeah so far i dont see one stand out fight in the whole event

yeah im not sure what happened with neer and ufc, he defeated 2 big names (joe stevenson, melvin guillard) but he also suffered some losses (nick diaz, and josh burkman) i still think with him on the card healthy and ready to fight you will see a war

and with nick diaz i would say he got put in a funny situation, he had been training for the most time to fight a completely different fighter (thiago alves) and then was put against nick diaz who i think is a way better

would love to see a rematch between those two again, i like both of their styles

warriors who can take a beating and just keep coming back for more

regardless i still think they need to shell out some better fights on 34 before i shell out $40
loller90278
3/24/07 12:38:34PM

i think the russian dude will make a nice impact (hopefully) to pride to be a contender
migo
3/24/07 5:51:57PM
He already lost to Overeem - in Pride. They know about him.

I'm hoping for a double KO in that fight.
loller90278
3/27/07 2:40:32PM
this card is lackinggggggg.. if its your last event as a DSE company.. might as well go out with a bang. i think they just announced..

MINOWA vs DON FRYE..

migo
3/28/07 2:13:06AM
People were bitching and whining about Pride 33. Turned out to be one of the best cards ever. I wonder when people will stop being stupid and thinking that the names determine how good an event will be.
Stickan
3/28/07 12:13:26PM

Posted by migo

People were bitching and whining about Pride 33. Turned out to be one of the best cards ever. I wonder when people will stop being stupid and thinking that the names determine how good an event will be.

In that case I'm gonna go ahead and be stupid. I think it's the worst Pride card ever, no exceptions.

Names are important. Okay if it's pretty unknown up and comers but these guys...

Over the hill:
Frye

Freakshow fatasses:
Zuluzinho
Butterbean

Never been THAT good anyway:
Monson
Fujita
Yvel

B or even C fighters:
Takimoto
Minowa

Questionmarks:
Sokoudjou
Zelg Galesic
Volk

Top Fighters:
Arona
Aoki

Pride usually does way better than this..
loller90278
3/29/07 2:22:26PM
WELL THEY ALSO HAVE WANDY ON THE CARD, SUPPOSEDLY, JAMES THOMPSON (WARRR MEGA PUNK!)
Khon_Nan
3/29/07 7:27:56PM

Posted by loller90278

WELL THEY ALSO HAVE WANDY ON THE CARD, SUPPOSEDLY, JAMES THOMPSON (WARRR MEGA PUNK!)

Yeahh im a little confused! Is wandy a confirmed fighter in Pride 34. Cos his face is in this pic, and so is Mark Hunt

Kamikaze Poster
Pages: 1 [2] 3