PRIDE 34 - Fujita vs Monson?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » PRIDE 34 - Fujita vs Monson?
ffforgottenx
3/14/07 12:53:32PM
taken from this page

Posted in Training on Tue, 13 Mar 2007 13:48:42 EDT

hey

This morning i found out the Bodog fight wil not be happening now, but im set to fight in Japan for the Pride show on the 30th March against Kazuyuki Fujita. Its been crazy this last couple of weeks with all the changes, but this is a definate go ahead now. sorry for all the confusion. Im still in England now training down at Red Corner doing stand up, and hopefully with Braulio Estima some time this week for my grappling. My training is going good and im in fairly good shape now. thanks to everyone for the support.

jeff

-------------------------------------

i guess he got the date wrong, but that would be a pretty good matchup IMO
loller90278
3/14/07 12:56:09PM
rip jeff monson
nate22
3/14/07 1:29:08PM
I don't see any area of Fujitas's game that outclasses Monson's to the extent that we will see a Fujita victory, saying that Fujita is one of the toughest fighters out there and I think Monson will have his own difficulties finishing the fight.

If Pride keep hold of him then they have added a very competent HW to their roster, one who easily will make the top ten with a couple of w's against some decent competition.
Greene33
3/14/07 1:49:36PM

Posted by loller90278

rip jeff monson

From who Fujita?Maybe if he was still fighting Fedor, but not fricking Fujita.
loller90278
3/14/07 2:55:51PM
i'm not takin anythin away from the abbu dabi champion but both are wrestlers (fujita being the stronger one) and fujita hits maybe 6 times harder than monson.

i'm smelling a 1R KO
cowcatcher
3/14/07 3:06:36PM

Posted by loller90278

i'm not takin anythin away from the abbu dabi champion but both are wrestlers (fujita being the stronger one) and fujita hits maybe 6 times harder than monson.

i'm smelling a 1R KO

i agree that fujitas a better striker, but to say that fujitas a better wrestler IMO is way off base. the fact that u mentioned monson being a ADCC champion, coupled with his wrerstling background makes it hard to understand why fujita would be the better wrestler. as for the outcome, i think this one is a toss up, both are strong competitors and id have to use the old on the feet its fujitas fight and on the ground its monsons.
Manfred
3/14/07 3:17:50PM
Jeff's never been KO'd, so I'm guessing Fujita by decision. Jeff does have a chance at a sub though if it ends up on the ground.
loller90278
3/14/07 3:23:41PM
i'd be more interested in CC vs FUJITA II.
but that's off topic

by me saying fujita is the stronger wrestler, thats exactly what i mean, stronger. monson will probably get fujita on the ground and sub him, but fujitas pure strength will over come it imo
mmadb
3/14/07 3:41:27PM
Fujita just seems like too much of a brawler to me to win this fight although I will be rooting for him.
Svartorm
3/14/07 6:38:23PM
I'm calling Fujita via TKO/KO in the 1st.

1. Fujita is a HUGE fan favorite and will have the crowd firmly behind him.
2. Hes an extremely talented wrestler, and isn't that far from where Monson is at skill wise.
3. I'm willing to bet hes physically stronger.
4. Monsons conditioning is a question, and I think that first 10 minute round is going to kill him.
5. Monson is slow on his feet, and Big Tim was hitting him at will. Fujita isn't a great stand up fighter, but he throws massive bombs, and I can't see Monson getting out of the way of those.
Great-Ajax
3/14/07 6:47:43PM
I hope fujita trashes the snowman the same way he did to bob sapp. god bless the iron head
poll77
3/14/07 7:26:20PM
im taking the snowman, i think he is severely underrated. he had a 16 fight win streak before fighting sylvia, and that was a bunkass fight IMO. i think he will get a late first round sub on fujita.
Junior24
3/14/07 7:44:24PM
Is their hieght advantage w/Fujita? I can remember. I dont know this is a toss up. I really dont pure strength is going to be factor, considering both are ridiculously strong. Snowman might be slow on his feet, but he definately not slow on the ground. I dont think Fujita has seen a grappler like Snowman. However, these are different rule than what Snowman is used to. If he prepares well, I predict Jeff. Fujita has a lot heart, but I dont real he see him as MMA'ist. That fight w/Josh Thomson was ugly as hell.
Stickan
3/14/07 7:51:34PM
Wow what a letdown. Totally uninteresting match-up.

People might be underestimating Monson because of the opposition Fujita has faced and sometimes even beat.
I think this would go to a decision and like Junior said it's a toss up. Fujita by split.
Trapt1nw0nder
3/15/07 12:44:20AM
i think Monson will win a decision of possible KO........Monson can throw some bombs and on someone as easy to hit as Fujita im sure he will land more than once

the only good thing i see in Fujita is his Gorilla like head.....

Monson has a good posture when he strikes so i doubt Fujita will outbox him,Fujita is no Sylvia

Monson by Unanimous or TKO in the first....most likely Unanimous
loller90278
3/15/07 2:17:24PM

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

i think Monson will win a decision of possible KO........Monson can throw some bombs and on someone as easy to hit as Fujita im sure he will land more than once

the only good thing i see in Fujita is his Gorilla like head.....

Monson has a good posture when he strikes so i doubt Fujita will outbox him,Fujita is no Sylvia

Monson by Unanimous or TKO in the first....most likely Unanimous

lets put a wager on it mate
Jeffanori-Gomi
3/15/07 4:39:29PM
Fujita will beat monson silly IMO. He's been training with Barnet and AMC pankration and his technique is getting way better.
hippysmacker
3/16/07 9:33:10AM
I guess Fujita would out chin him if it stayed on the feet, but I don't see that happening. I'll take Monson by sub in the 1rst because it's a 10 minute first round
wkm311
3/16/07 11:38:08AM
I think this will be a snooze match, both are wrestlers whos striking isnt top notch, though giving the edge to Monson because of his boxing experience. I picking Jeff by Desicion, but I hope Fujita takes his ******* head off because I cant stand that communist....
MartyMorgy
3/17/07 1:47:38AM
Ugh... why would they make this matchup? Monson via top position for 20 min. Give fujita someone to strike with. Monson won't stand with Fujita, he has no standup.
ryderstrong69
3/17/07 11:18:07PM
no interest in this fight