the price of pot just went up in Texas

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » the price of pot just went up in Texas
Bubbles
4/5/13 4:13:11PM
For highway patrol officers, there's no such thing as a routine traffic stop. That adage was again proven true when a Texas Highway Patrol trooper pulled over a gas tanker to perform a routine visual inspection and discovered the tanker was carrying 3.9 tons of marijuana. It's unclear how the trooper was able to make the discovery.

In a news release, the Texas Department of Public Safety estimated the value of the confiscated pot at around $3.4 million. The truck driver was arrested and charged with possession. He's being held on $1 million bond. According to DPS spokesperson Sgt. Johnny Hernandez, more arrests may be forthcoming

link
Theoutlaw08
4/5/13 4:17:54PM
Damn, thats a lot of bud. Thats a pretty big bust for Texas.
Poor_Franklin
4/5/13 4:26:31PM
crazy bust!
prophecy033
4/5/13 4:52:56PM
EVERYTHING is bigger in Texas
sbulldavid
4/5/13 6:51:58PM
That is a lot of weed
airkerma
4/5/13 6:57:07PM
Erm why wasn't this topic listed as "so sad"? This is just...I need a barfy emote
BeeR
4/5/13 6:59:49PM
mexican brick weed no doubt.

good riddance, burn that junk schwag
SpiderSilva
4/5/13 7:48:30PM

Posted by BeeR

This. My brother gets shit weed. I smoked some medication with him and he thought it was the greatest thing ever.
pmoney
4/5/13 8:04:30PM

Posted by BeeR

Nothing shipped in 4 ton quantities in a gas tanker would be quality. Yet the police estimate the value of the bust at around $3.4 million, which would be around $4,000 a pound. No one buys 4 tons of weed at 4k a pound , no matter how good it is
Bubbles
4/5/13 8:27:13PM
maybe they are going off a $10/gram sort of scale
sbulldavid
4/5/13 8:39:47PM

Posted by Bubbles

maybe they are going off a $10/gram sort of scale

Yeah, it was something like that
george112
4/6/13 7:09:09AM

Posted by prophecy033

EVERYTHING is bigger in Texas

This
BeeR
4/6/13 7:12:01AM
and added the price of the truck and trailer.

I got nailed (illegally since I have my medicinal card, and growers license) I had only 11 grams(about $100 worth) of dried because I was between crops and buying from the dispensary, and 7 plants, in the news paper it said the cops made a bust seizing a "quantity" or dried marijuana and an "estimated" $20000 in plants. They also took my equipment, which was expensive.

I got it all back, except the plants because the fuckers tore them out of the pots and jammed them in Garbage bags. I lost an amazing mother of almost impossible to find "Free Leonard" strain, and they broke 2 $350 light bulbs
babalu46
4/6/13 7:47:32AM

Posted by BeeR

and added the price of the truck and trailer.

I got nailed (illegally since I have my medicinal card, and growers license) I had only 11 grams(about $100 worth) of dried because I was between crops and buying from the dispensary, and 7 plants, in the news paper it said the cops made a bust seizing a "quantity" or dried marijuana and an "estimated" $20000 in plants. They also took my equipment, which was expensive.

I got it all back, except the plants because the fuckers tore them out of the pots and jammed them in Garbage bags. I lost an amazing mother of almost impossible to find "Free Leonard" strain, and they broke 2 $350 light bulbs

Fuck the police!!! God damn I'm on the verge of tears for you
jay98107
4/8/13 11:16:40AM

Posted by BeeR

Spend a few hours pluckin out seeds.
Ordep
4/8/13 1:06:15PM

Posted by sbulldavid

That is a lot of weed

indeed