POLL: This movie looks
great 6% (3)
good 4% (2)
ok 10% (5)
stupid but ill watch it 40% (19)
stupid I wont watch it 40% (19)
MALICE
2/9/08 2:02:56PM
Never Back Down hits the theaters on March 14. It is an mma based movie, that looks ok as long as your not expecting it to be 100% accurate to the actual mma world.

Preview
BlazinSaddle
2/9/08 2:10:47PM
just what this sport needs more "bloodsport imaging"
MALICE
2/9/08 2:14:50PM

Posted by BlazinSaddle

Yeah, they put the Underground Human Cockfighting twist on it. But I'll have to watch it to see how many positive aspects they used from mma
BlazinSaddle
2/9/08 2:19:44PM

Posted by xxMALICExx

Posted by BlazinSaddle

Yeah, they put the Underground Human Cockfighting twist on it.

surely wannabe-badass drunks watching this will get into "fight club" style matches in da undaground streetfightin' scene and sue this movie for giving them false training which they "picked up" while watching...lol
MALICE
2/9/08 2:23:52PM
What, tying your arms and legs to pulleys and having your entire body stretched isn't good training? Maybe you can try catching goldfish with your hand to teach you the Dim Mak.
BlazinSaddle
2/9/08 2:28:11PM
lol
TimW001
2/9/08 2:39:04PM
Looks like a download to me.
Boo_Radley21
2/9/08 3:02:05PM
I think it looks stupid.
emfleek
2/9/08 3:03:02PM

Posted by Boo_Radley21

I think it looks stupid.

As much as I love MMA, I won't give this movie the time of day.
MALICE
2/9/08 3:07:41PM
I knew this movie would get the praise it deserved on this site.
Pookie
2/9/08 3:22:26PM
It looks like the Karate Kid, but gayer and more contrived.

The kicks they were throwing against the bag with abyssmal. the bag is not going to fly away from that, i can hit harder than that.
CJsuperstar
2/9/08 3:41:15PM

Posted by TimW001

I have to agree with you there.
seanfu
2/9/08 5:04:14PM
Pure suckfest. I'll watch it but I don't have to like it.
Personally the fact that the movie is based around a bunch of preppy overprivilaged teenagers is good. That's just a sign of MMA breaking mainstream majorly.

backalley101
2/10/08 11:51:09PM
not no but hell no
krthll1
2/11/08 12:07:38AM
This movie is definitely a movie6.com watch
madmarck
2/11/08 5:58:00AM
Kinda Wish Tank Abbott would just rush through the crowd and start KOing people.
fullerene
2/11/08 1:44:17PM
I need to make sure to get to the gym regularly in the weeks that follow this moive's release. There are going to be more annoying people in need of getting tapped out then there have been since Koschek turned a garden hose on Leben.
Salty
3/4/08 2:14:43PM
well my buddy got free passes to see a early screening of this, so looks like im going for free, hell at least i get to go into boston for the night haven't been in the city in months.
Rush
3/4/08 6:27:03PM

Posted by CJsuperstar

Posted by TimW001

I have to agree with you there.

I wouldn't waste the bandwidth
jiujitsufreak74
3/4/08 8:08:26PM
idk about you guys but i have to watch it. it looks horrible, cheesy and misinformed but i have no choice. i know all the kids in my school will be asking me about it and i have to see just to what level it emaciates MMA. pretty much i will see it solely to see how much damage it does and so i can argue with people with all of the information they are using. i will have to suck it up and go watch although i will do so with a tear in my eye
Pookie
3/4/08 8:13:12PM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

idk about you guys but i have to watch it. it looks horrible, cheesy and misinformed but i have no choice. i know all the kids in my school will be asking me about it and i have to see just to what level it emaciates MMA. pretty much i will see it solely to see how much damage it does and so i can argue with people with all of the information they are using. i will have to suck it up and go watch although i will do so with a tear in my eye

Sacrifice... taking one for the team, kudos.
mmadb
3/5/08 9:33:26AM
I cringed when I saw the preview for this pile of excrement. The way it started I thought it was going to be another dancing movie and then all of a sudden it's a bunch of pretty boys fighting. I really hope the term MMA is NEVER used in this movie so we can just pretend it never existed and there is no connection.
scoozna
3/5/08 1:28:17PM
I'm already embarassed for those actors, having only seen the trailer.

My hope is that no one will go see it because of the simple fact that they can see the real thing on TV for free.
DCRage
3/5/08 1:46:56PM
When I first saw some commercials and trailers for it I gave a little thought to seeing it, but once I caught onto the storyline I began leaning more heavily towards not seeing it. Just one of those typical teen romance/fight for the girl things. Almost like a "sanitized" Fight Club.
roger
3/5/08 11:43:28PM
I'm going to go watch this movie with a bunch of my friends, hoping it will pump me up for the NAGA tournament in west palm on the 15th if not i'll just watch 300 that always gets me rowdy
cmill21
3/6/08 12:50:00AM
I'm guessing it will be like the fast and the furious, but instead of stupid decals and kids trying to race you, there will be scars and stupid kids trying to fight you.
Pookie
3/6/08 1:26:26AM

Posted by cmill21

I'm guessing it will be like the fast and the furious, but instead of stupid decals and kids trying to race you, there will be scars and stupid kids trying to fight you.

haha that was the best synopsis of the fast and the furious
NatedawgThaM
3/6/08 2:22:21AM
Looks very corny for my taste. But it's a fight movie and my sister will probably rent it since there's guys with there shirts off, OH GOD YES!

So I'll probably watch it then just to say I saw it
CactusBob
3/6/08 5:20:55PM
I first caught wind (litterally) of this film during on of the UFN's. Even then I rolled my eyes at it, but then I just remembered that no matter what, it will bomb and these actors will go nowhere...
gsquat
3/7/08 4:02:25PM
balls to this movie.
Pages: [1] 2