Pretty Bummed out

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA Playground Game Talk » Pretty Bummed out
Kracker_Jap
4/5/08 6:44:18PM
For some dum reason I thought 4-10 in the secondary league got a T-shirt

But I guess its just for the top guys 1st in each class....

I know I'm not in the top ten but I had big plans to finish strong in the money...

My question is will this ever change??? How long will the secondary be considered to be BETA???
jiujitsufreak74
4/5/08 6:54:07PM
as long as secondary is in the name lol

the reason is there is less of a competition field, it is optional and was solely designed to get smaller orgs and fighters more recognition. it only came about after the forums started to demand it.

but hey, i agree with the point about the shirts. i'm 4th in points and was previously 1st. i'll just take the badge should i be lucky enough to finish in the top 10 at the end of the season.
Kracker_Jap
4/5/08 7:10:04PM
So you get a badge for being in the top 10???

Thats better than a shirt or atleast a tie
emfleek
4/5/08 9:35:58PM
The funny thing is...the only "Secondary" promotion that I watch is the WEC...and I'm ranked #99, which to me, is pretty damn good.

I watch the UFC religiously and suck mad ass at making picks. Go figure.
scoozna
4/5/08 10:09:39PM

Posted by emfleek

The funny thing is...the only "Secondary" promotion that I watch is the WEC...and I'm ranked #99, which to me, is pretty damn good.

I watch the UFC religiously and suck mad ass at making picks. Go figure.

I think it's becuase the fights are more predictable (I'm a master of the obvious)

I'm with you though, sometimes I watch the IFL, but I don't go out of my way. Dream 1 had a decent card but don't know if they can keep it up.

emfleek
4/5/08 10:14:20PM

Posted by scoozna

I think it's becuase the fights are more predictable (I'm a master of the obvious)

That could be...BUT...it'd be one thing if I knew most of the fighters. And I don't. I know of very few of them.

I usually make my picks based on a few things...

- Overall record
- Previous Opponents (and outcomes, obviously)
- What promotion the fighter fought in.
- # of wins by Sub/TKO/KO/Decision
- Gut feeling and/or coin flip.
jiujitsufreak74
4/5/08 11:44:50PM
well in secondary league MMAth tends to work actually. in the UFC this is not the case. it is also more objective. you don't have any biases towards any fighters for the most part and you can make more logical statistical picks. this is my opinion anyway
emfleek
4/5/08 11:45:54PM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

well in secondary league MMAth tends to work actually. in the UFC this is not the case. it is also more objective. you don't have any biases towards any fighters for the most part and you can make more logical statistical picks. this is my opinion anyway

Good point.
DCRage
4/6/08 9:38:33AM

Posted by Kracker_Jap

So you get a badge for being in the top 10???

Thats better than a shirt or atleast a tie

The secondary league prizes go like this:
Top Score/Earner in event: Badge
Top Score/Earner overall at end of season: Badge and $250
Top Score/earner overall at end of season, 2nd-10th place: Badge (like my badge)
Mayhem13
4/6/08 12:22:06PM
we still have 4 more events for me to break into the top 10.

I am at 34th (tied) right now....and 88th in money (dropped from 3rd)
Kracker_Jap
4/6/08 1:30:08PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by scoozna

That could be...BUT...it'd be one thing if I knew most of the fighters. And I don't. I know of very few of them.

- Overall record

Overall Record
What orgs a fighter started in or has fought in
Number of Tatoos
Home town of Fighter
Who I would like to hang out with most

Thats how i do it
scoozna
4/7/08 10:54:37AM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by scoozna

- Overall record

It's good to know others have come to the same conclusions about how to pick lesser known fighters. I'm doing exactly what you're doing.

DCRage
4/7/08 12:10:25PM
I pretty much do the same, although I've done less research since the feature was added that brings up the fighters' records when you highlight their links while making picks. Not sure if that's a bad thing, I really like that new feature.
emfleek
4/7/08 1:02:23PM

Posted by DCRage

I pretty much do the same, although I've done less research since the feature was added that brings up the fighters' records when you highlight their links while making picks. Not sure if that's a bad thing, I really like that new feature.

I'm guilty of not researching as much now. Though it seems to have worked out in my favor so far...
DCRage
4/7/08 1:46:36PM
Same here, at least in the last 2 events. My scores haven't been ranked this high since my very first event here.