The golden Boy again(rematch) 7% (2)
Sugar shane mosely 10% (3)
Ricky Hatton 59% (17)
Manny paquiao 10% (3)
Fernando Vargas 7% (2)
Winky Wright(if he can drop) 7% (2)
TOMMYAYO05
7/27/07 1:15:44AM
If the best pound for pound fighter in the game came out of retirement who do you think he would face???i would like to see him fight ricky hatton the guy who talks to much crap form england and thinks he would hurt our best figher.
Trapt1nw0nder
7/27/07 2:41:04AM

Posted by TOMMYAYO05

If the best pound for pound fighter in the game came out of retirement who do you think he would face???i would like to see him fight ricky hatton the guy who talks to much crap form england and thinks he would hurt our best figher.

Mayweather already confirmed that if he didnt get DLH again that he wanted to show everyone how overrated Hatton was,so im pretty sure he would fight him next.......Floyd would dominate Hatton so bad its not even funny..seriously

I wanna see Hatton lose just as much as you do,but Hatton and his managers are being very careful of who they choose to fight.

Mayweather would make him look bad,and dominate him on points,but i really wanna see Hatton/Cotto,so we really see Hatton get an ass whoopin .....with Hatton's style there is no way he will last more that 8 rounds with Cotto
hippysmacker
7/27/07 3:48:06AM
I think the onlt way he would come out of retirement is for big $. That means DelaHoya or nothing to me.
TOMMYAYO05
7/27/07 5:18:12AM

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

Posted by TOMMYAYO05

Mayweather already confirmed that if he didnt get DLH again that he wanted to show everyone how overrated Hatton was,so im pretty sure he would fight him next.......Floyd would dominate Hatton so bad its not even funny..seriously

I wanna see Hatton lose just as much as you do,but Hatton and his managers are being very careful of who they choose to fight.

Mayweather would make him look bad,and dominate him on points,but i really wanna see Hatton/Cotto,so we really see Hatton get an ass whoopin .....with Hatton's style there is no way he will last more that 8 rounds with Cotto

ive also heard the same thing and hatton has already called out mayweather so im thinkin its that its not going to be sugar shane because mayweather doesnt want to chance a lost i think,and frankly hatton is overrated.Also not de la hoya either because he has nothing to gain except money but he wants to keep that record clean.
Mastodon2
7/27/07 5:53:56AM
People bagging on Hatton

So many people hate him, they just can't get over the fact that a lager lout party boys keep winning
Trapt1nw0nder
7/27/07 6:35:54AM

Posted by Mastodon2

People bagging on Hatton

So many people hate him, they just can't get over the fact that a lager lout party boys keep winning

Hatton is a 1 trick pony.....he already lost in my eyes to Luiz Collazo when he moved up in weight a couple fights ago.

and what did he do?...moved back down afraid of getting an ass whoopin again even though he took Collazo's belt

Hatton is just an ugly fighter to watch IMO.....England treats him like if he's the most exciting fighter ever,but all he does is hold the whole fight

lets be real...most of Hattons wins are against fighters from England,and we all know most English boxers just arnt any good.

the last good fight Hatton had was against an old out of his prime Kostya Tszyu.....followed by nobodies,then a loss to Collazo(in my eyes)....and a fight against an other old out of him prime fighter like Jose Luis Castillo

to tell you the truth i dont even think Hatton deserves a shot at Mayweather.....why give a paper champ a big payday? If anything he should win 1 more fight before that...at least against someone like Paulie Malignaggi(which i also think can beat him)...
Rich78
7/27/07 7:07:41AM

Posted by Mastodon2

It's like when everyone thought Calzaghe was easy pickings, so Jeff Lacey was sent over to capture his belt and Calzaghe beat the hell out of him for 12 rounds

As for Hatton, he always steps up when he has to. Granted, he wasn't too impressive against Collazo or Orangu, but when it was time to deliver against Tszyu and Castillo, you can't argue that he didn't.

His record speaks for itself, he is a positive fighter, and unbeaten to go with it.

Boxers like Bernard Hopkins and Winky Wright will go down as greats, despite losing numerous times and being negative fighters.

True, he may not deserve a shot at Mayweather yet, but he will if he carries on winning.

Trapt1nw0nder
7/27/07 8:06:01AM

Posted by Rich78

Posted by Mastodon2

It's like when everyone thought Calzaghe was easy pickings, so Jeff Lacey was sent over to capture his belt and Calzaghe beat the hell out of him for 12 rounds

As for Hatton, he always steps up when he has to. Granted, he wasn't too impressive against Collazo or Orangu, but when it was time to deliver against Tszyu and Castillo, you can't argue that he didn't.

His record speaks for itself, he is a positive fighter, and unbeaten to go with it.

Boxers like Bernard Hopkins and Winky Wright will go down as greats, despite losing numerous times and being negative fighters.

True, he may not deserve a shot at Mayweather yet, but he will if he carries on winning.

Calzaghe is a good boxer,but Jeff Lacy was overrated at that time...i never liked Lacy...everytime i saw him fight I saw holes in his game,but his opponent would never capitalize...I knew a good smart boxer could beat Lacy.

I was so happy that day Calzaghe beat the hell out of Lacy,but we will see what he can prove against Mikkel Kessler in Nov.
Stickan
7/27/07 8:54:08AM
Was it only me who misinterpreted the subject and thought Floyd may be gay?
Trapt1nw0nder
7/27/07 9:03:45AM

Posted by Stickan

Was it only me who misinterpreted the subject and thought Floyd may be gay?

It takes one to know one
juanez13
7/27/07 9:05:47AM
no man u werent the only one
owen1
7/27/07 11:08:10AM
Floyd would just dismantle hatton for 12 rounds.hatton isnt even in floyds league.
pv3Hpv3p
7/27/07 2:22:56PM
Manny would've been my choice, but I think he's just a little too small for Floyd...

So I went with Mosley... I think it's the most compelling matchup on there besides a rematch with DLH...

Don't think Vargas or Hatton would stand much of a chance

Anyone know at what weight he fought Ocsar?

Would a fight with the young Paul Williams be out of the question (not sure if they can make it work weight-wise)?
Gladiator
7/27/07 2:34:51PM
all those are pretty good choices but i think the most intriguiing would be winky wright if he can make weight. sugar shane mosely vs floyd would be amaing too. in the end it doesnt really matter though cuz mayweather would beat them all.
Chris_Keppel
7/27/07 2:47:03PM
Winky, if he could make weight...but....

Personally, I think boxing is a dying sport like hockey was in america a few years ago (I predicted that when I was 13 lol didn't think it'd come back).

Boxing needs to get more promotional, hype up events with solid undercard fights. I wouldn't pay $50+ to watch the Oscar fight... just not worth it. The only thing I've ever watched boxing for, was the knockouts... and they don't happen to often anymore with these "big time matches" they make with boxers out of their prime.

They need a young up and coming guy, like Tyson (just... not Tyson lol if you know what I mean) to lift the sport once again. Yeah they make money, so they really don't need to change shit, but in the long run, maybe a decade or so, it'll plummet by then.

Bring in some young guy who can become the face of boxing.

There's this boxer I seen... don't remember his name, like Alexander, or some crazy shit like that, but the guy looked like he was drunken style kung fu... he was pretty much dancing around dodging all this guys punches cus his reaction time was much better then his opponents... I was actually shocked at what the guy was doing... it looked like drunken kung fu lol...

crazy shit.
Murray_McNickle
7/27/07 4:15:01PM
the best matchup to watch would be Floyd vs Shane, on a sidenote next weekend Aug 4th will be another chance to catch Julio Cesar Chavez jr, he usually delivers the body KO's and with ppv main event fights boring the shyte out of me, the undercards usually deliver so here's hoping
Trapt1nw0nder
7/27/07 9:28:05PM

Posted by Chris_Keppel

Winky, if he could make weight...but....

Personally, I think boxing is a dying sport like hockey was in america a few years ago (I predicted that when I was 13 lol didn't think it'd come back).

Boxing needs to get more promotional, hype up events with solid undercard fights. I wouldn't pay $50+ to watch the Oscar fight... just not worth it. The only thing I've ever watched boxing for, was the knockouts... and they don't happen to often anymore with these "big time matches" they make with boxers out of their prime.

They need a young up and coming guy, like Tyson (just... not Tyson lol if you know what I mean) to lift the sport once again. Yeah they make money, so they really don't need to change shit, but in the long run, maybe a decade or so, it'll plummet by then.

Bring in some young guy who can become the face of boxing.

There's this boxer I seen... don't remember his name, like Alexander, or some crazy shit like that, but the guy looked like he was drunken style kung fu... he was pretty much dancing around dodging all this guys punches cus his reaction time was much better then his opponents... I was actually shocked at what the guy was doing... it looked like drunken kung fu lol...

crazy shit.

You must not watch boxing enough if you dont know any of the up and coming talent out there....there's been a ton of great fights this year,and more coming.......Boxing has noticed that UFC is taking over so they are really making the good fights happen now.

Boxing will never die out...

as for that "Drunken kung fu style" you were talking about...im sure you speak of Emanuel Augustus
TOMMYAYO05
7/27/07 10:21:34PM

Posted by Mastodon2

People bagging on Hatton

people bagg on him because he is wack and any of those other fighters i put up would smash him.U.s boxers are way better.
MisFiT
7/27/07 10:29:16PM
De La Hoya isnt even retired.
TOMMYAYO05
7/27/07 10:30:08PM

Posted by MisFiT

De La Hoya isnt even retired.

who said he is????i said the pretty smart guy not the golden boy.
masodd
7/28/07 11:31:46AM
i wish it was shane mosely or miguel cotto but it will be hatton and i hope hatton wins just because floyd said it was easy money to fight anybody near his weight......i mostly want to see him fight cotto cause cotto would knock him out
Trapt1nw0nder
7/28/07 6:55:11PM
Mayweather VS Hatton on Dec. 8

Source..
TOMMYAYO05
7/30/07 8:48:05PM

Posted by masodd

i wish it was shane mosely or miguel cotto but it will be hatton and i hope hatton wins just because floyd said it was easy money to fight anybody near his weight......i mostly want to see him fight cotto cause cotto would knock him out

unless you aint from england then your a trader that cocky hatton calle dout our whole country,i hope prettyboy smashes him.
masodd
8/2/07 11:55:29AM

Posted by TOMMYAYO05

Posted by masodd

unless you aint from england then your a trader that cocky hatton calle dout our whole country,i hope prettyboy smashes him.

hey i'm not a traitor i just dont like mayweather. Hatton just wants to prove he is one of the best and i guess mayweather aint cocky at all is he,he said he was gonna destroy de la hoya but he only won in a split decision and i think it should have been a draw. but mayweather never runs his mouth or flashes his money in front of everybody does he.........u need to listen at how cocky floyd is before u even say hatton is ok
TOMMYAYO05
8/2/07 5:44:05PM

Posted by masodd

Posted by TOMMYAYO05

Posted by masodd

hey i'm not a traitor i just dont like mayweather. Hatton just wants to prove he is one of the best and i guess mayweather aint cocky at all is he,he said he was gonna destroy de la hoya but he only won in a split decision and i think it should have been a draw. but mayweather never runs his mouth or flashes his money in front of everybody does he.........u need to listen at how cocky floyd is before u even say hatton is ok

naaa trust me i know how cocky pretty boy is thats why hes my favortie because he backs his shit up too.A draw hahaha thats just cuz u hate mayweather,picking a english guy over him....ridiculous!!!!
masodd
8/2/07 10:33:12PM

Posted by TOMMYAYO05

Posted by masodd

Posted by TOMMYAYO05

Posted by masodd

naaa trust me i know how cocky pretty boy is thats why hes my favortie because he backs his shit up too.A draw hahaha thats just cuz u hate mayweather,picking a english guy over him....ridiculous!!!!

u know it was a draw man,just put him in there with miquel cotto and see what happens to him
TOMMYAYO05
8/2/07 11:04:30PM

Posted by masodd

Posted by TOMMYAYO05

Posted by masodd

Posted by TOMMYAYO05

Posted by masodd

u know it was a draw man,just put him in there with miquel cotto and see what happens to him

No way Mayweather is the best pound for pound in the world and maybe even the best to ever step in the ring.
BigEvil
8/3/07 3:29:57PM

Mayweather VS Hatton on Dec. 8

I heard this too.
xchickox
8/5/07 8:41:22AM
its gotta be hatton and whatever any of you say hatton will beat mayweather, i've watched everyone of his fights and he's fast, good defence and so powerful
TOMMYAYO05
8/6/07 2:05:19AM

Posted by xchickox

its gotta be hatton and whatever any of you say hatton will beat mayweather, i've watched everyone of his fights and he's fast, good defence and so powerful

Look it everybody since this guy says hatton is going to win,well i guess hatton is going to win huh?get real man just post your opininons i can respect people posting there opinions but i cant stand the idiots who say whatever they say is going to happen like there god or something.Im taking "pretty boy" because i dont believe hatton has even faced tough competition until his last fight and thats even arguable imo.
Pages: [1] 2