UFC® Press Conference Special Announcement

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC® Press Conference Special Announcement
Next Page »
RMFG_187
2/28/08 12:46:02AM
UFC® President Dana White will be making a major announcement at the UFC® 82 PRIDE OF A CHAMPION pre-fight press conference in Columbus, Ohio.

UFC.COM will feature the official announcement at 1pm EST. Look for video highlights of the press conference featuring Dana White, along with a special guest, making the announcement later in the day.
gartface
2/28/08 12:50:18AM
The Fox deal hopefully!
RMFG_187
2/28/08 12:50:52AM
Yep, exactly what i was thinking
McBee
2/28/08 1:00:25AM
when tomorrow?
ufc88
2/28/08 1:00:36AM
they forsure rushed to put the fox deal together and i have a feeling that this is it because Dana forsure was flipping out and in a frenzy when he heard about his adversary gary shaw and cbs.

I have a feeling it is him announcing the Fox deal with Chuck and Shogun
McBee
2/28/08 1:11:35AM

Posted by ufc88

they forsure rushed to put the fox deal together and i have a feeling that this is it because Dana forsure was flipping out and in a frenzy when he heard about his adversary gary shaw and cbs.

I have a feeling it is him announcing the Fox deal with Chuck and Shogun

that would be ridiculous is the press conference tomorrow?
clintjack
2/28/08 1:12:14AM
Or hopefully Randy returning and fighting Minotauro! But probaly wishful thinking lol
Muay-Thai
2/28/08 1:13:07AM
I have a feeling it is just going to be Mark Colemans induction into the hall of fame.
RMFG_187
2/28/08 1:16:13AM

Posted by Muay-Thai

I have a feeling it is just going to be Mark Colemans induction into the hall of fame.

maybe, but they usually do that at UFC events. & its not a "Special" announcement. lol.
ufc88
2/28/08 1:58:01AM
haha if Mark coleman being inducted is the "special announcement" i will not buy the pay per view and instead goto a local bar to keep my 40 dollars out of zuffa. but theyre not dumb enough to call it a special announcement.

Fox deal is most likely

but someone mentioned something about hopefully randy and nogueira but that is wishful thinking. but what if that was really it. the preliminary injunction just occurred. but wow if Randy was the special guest and comes to a deal to fight nog and then maybe a co promotion wil happen with fedor becasue of all these tv deals

but thats not gona happen
loonytnt
2/28/08 2:56:24AM
maybe it will be they are putting a 145 div in the ufc if im right i will prop myself
Manfred
2/28/08 3:38:44AM

Posted by Muay-Thai

Could be. Past "Big announcements" have been things that hard core fans knew as FACT for weeks.
CornishMMA
2/28/08 5:37:37AM
Yeah exactly ,,,,,,,, Ooooooooooooooooooh the big ufc announcement tease we always get! When has it ever been good or surprising? Its just Dana trying to control what we say and think, have they signed fedor? omfg randy is coming back? omfg BJ VS Big Nog!
slappywhite
2/28/08 7:26:05AM

Posted by Muay-Thai

thats exactly what it is
DCRage
2/28/08 7:34:04AM
I'm thinking it might be related to either UFN on 4/2 (confirming the 3 hours on Spike) or UFC 85 (rumors it could be FREE on Spike). Either way, Gary stole Dana's thunder once again.
snakeplissken
2/28/08 7:50:26AM
Oh come on it's obvious the special guest will be Vince McMahon and they will announce that the WWE has taken over the UFC and they have changed the main event to John Cena Vs Kimbo Slice in an over the top Octagon rules brass tacks death match from hell.
ohiostate1016
2/28/08 8:33:36AM

Posted by snakeplissken

Oh come on it's obvious the special guest will be Vince McMahon and they will announce that the WWE has taken over the UFC and they have changed the main event to John Cena Vs Kimbo Slice in an over the top Octagon rules brass tacks death match from hell.

That's what I was thinking. Glad I read the second page before responding, or I would have looked stupid. But I would rather have it be Kane vs. Kimbo Slice.

Seriously though, let's handicap the possible announcements:

500-1: 145 pound division announced, and the first announced match is Nog vs. Urijah Faber. There are rumors that Nog could make 145 if he wanted.

400-1: Randy coming back, but not to fight Nog. He would be coming back to fight BJ. He has to make it worthwhile!

300-1: UFC signs Bobby Lashley before he even fights, making Brock Lesnar's signing look like that of a seasoned pro.

200-1: UFC announces that UFN 13 is FREE on Spike. Yyyyyyyyep. I thought it already was, but that's the crazy UFC for you.

100-1: UFC announces name change to FUC, hoping to move away from the 'human cockfighting' references.

50-1: UFC announces that not only will Mark Coleman go into the HoF, but all of the members of Hammer House will. Kevin Randleman, Phil Baroni...they all deserve it.

2-1: UFC announces that UFC 85 will be FREE on FOX. Right after a replay of Chad Johnson racing a horse. And before the horse race, they'll show Are you my father?...anybody see that one the first time around? Me neither.

StevieC
2/28/08 8:55:19AM

Posted by snakeplissken

LOL, that's friggin funny
StevieC
2/28/08 8:57:51AM
I thought it was maybe that another MMA movie was coming out starring Will Ferrall.
McBee
2/28/08 9:19:21AM

Posted by loonytnt

maybe it will be they are putting a 145 div in the ufc if im right i will prop myself

I would come back and prop you to we need to be better about propping and smacking people for their predictions or rumors
prozacnation1978
2/28/08 11:05:56AM
either ufc 85 will be on spike tv, or fox deal. i doubt it will be hall of fame coleman ufc will do anything to steal spot light away from exelite and cbs deal. it better be a great annoucement
imanidiot777
2/28/08 12:05:33PM
If this is a Fox deal I'd be in heaven. Quick question by the way, if this is a Fox deal, like EliteXC has the CBS deal, does that mean the events will be free on those networks?
DCRage
2/28/08 12:13:44PM
This may not be it, but Junkie is hinting that it could be the signing of a new big blue-chip sponsor. No name mentioned but it could be even more prominent than new sponsor Harley-Davidson. The only other possibility they're thinking is Mark Coleman going into the UFC Hall Of Fame.
McBee
2/28/08 12:13:49PM

Posted by imanidiot777

If this is a Fox deal I'd be in heaven. Quick question by the way, if this is a Fox deal, like EliteXC has the CBS deal, does that mean the events will be free on those networks?

yup that is what they were proposing to CBS
imanidiot777
2/28/08 12:15:24PM

Posted by McBee

Posted by imanidiot777

yup that is what they were proposing to CBS

My life just got way better if this happens
DCRage
2/28/08 12:29:32PM
It seems that Dave Meltzer (Yahoo, Wrestling Observer) might have found out what the announcement is...a 3-year sponsorship agreement with Bud Light. It starts May 24 and includes UFC and WEC.

Source
imanidiot777
2/28/08 12:30:39PM

Posted by DCRage

It seems that Dave Meltzer (Yahoo, Wrestling Observer) might have found out what the announcement is...a 3-year sponsorship agreement with Bud Light. It starts May 24 and includes UFC and WEC.

Source

If they built up the hype for that announcement I'll be incredibly disappointed.
DCRage
2/28/08 12:35:49PM
But imagine the commercials they could do! Love them or hate them, you have to admit they're pretty darn good most of the time.
snakeplissken
2/28/08 1:10:27PM
The UFC website now has the announcement up on their site

LINK
emfleek
2/28/08 1:11:57PM

Posted by RMFG_187

UFC® President Dana White will be making a major announcement at the UFC® 82 PRIDE OF A CHAMPION pre-fight press conference in Columbus, Ohio.

UFC.COM will feature the official announcement at 1pm EST. Look for video highlights of the press conference featuring Dana White, along with a special guest, making the announcement later in the day.

I was hoping this would be available to watch Live online...I guess not.
Pages: [1] 2