US Presidential Election (Poll)

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » US Presidential Election (Poll)
Next Page »
POLL: Who will you be voting for?
John McCain 43% (25)
Hillary Clinton 3% (2)
Barack Obama 45% (26)
DEMOCRATS: Hillary if Obama doesn't win the nominee. 9% (5)
DEMOCRATS: Obama if Hillary doesn't win the nominee. 0% (0)
DEMOCRATS: McCain if my choice for Democrat doesn't win the nominee. 0% (0)
emfleek
5/6/08 10:30:35AM
Who do you want to win the '08 Election?

(Disregard the last 3 options of the poll. I guess I really didn't need to include them, eh?)
scoozna
5/6/08 10:37:07AM
I'm particularly interested in how many show up in the "DEMOCRATS: McCain if my choice for Democrat doesn't win the nominee." choice. I think the race will be decided there.
emfleek
5/6/08 10:40:20AM

Posted by scoozna

I'm particularly interested in how many show up in the "DEMOCRATS: McCain if my choice for Democrat doesn't win the nominee." choice. I think the race will be decided there.

You could be correct. But at this point, I guess it really wasn't necessary to add those options. People are going to choose either Obama or Clinton until one of them are out of it.
DCRage
5/6/08 10:42:56AM
Obama. If McCain wins I'll probably just vote for an Independent guy who has no chance of winning because I don't want Clinton winning and I'm not much a McCain fan (his anti-MMA stance is only a very small reason why).
R-Bandd
5/6/08 10:53:15AM
I always thought McCain was a big sports nut. Didn't he used to have a weekly spot on the moke and mike show?
DCRage
5/6/08 10:58:10AM
I think you mean Mike & Mike (ESPN Radio)? Never knew he did, but I do know that he's always been a big proponent of fixing/regulating boxing a bit better than it was and also pushing for more stringent drug testing in sports (I think). Although, given how much a boxing fan he is, doesn't it make him sound like he's contradicting himself with his anti-MMA stance? How can you love one form of combat sports and so hate another which incorporates so much of the loved form into it? After all, boxing/striking and the relevant standup game are key components of MMA, and a lot of boxing is basically MMA only with punching and bigger gloves.
grappler0000
5/6/08 11:00:40AM

Posted by DCRage

I think you mean Mike & Mike (ESPN Radio)? Never knew he did, but I do know that he's always been a big proponent of fixing/regulating boxing a bit better than it was and also pushing for more stringent drug testing in sports (I think). Although, given how much a boxing fan he is, doesn't it make him sound like he's contradicting himself with his anti-MMA stance? How can you love one form of combat sports and so hate another which incorporates so much of the loved form into it? After all, boxing/striking and the relevant standup game are key components of MMA, and a lot of boxing is basically MMA only with punching and bigger gloves.

I haven't heard anything negative from him since Zuffa got it regulated.
scoozna
5/6/08 11:51:01AM

Posted by DCRage

Obama. If McCain wins I'll probably just vote for an Independent guy who has no chance of winning because I don't want Clinton winning and I'm not much a McCain fan (his anti-MMA stance is only a very small reason why).

I thought he changed his stance after Zuffa changed the rules to get it regulated, no?

Also, is McCain the source of the "human cockfighting" quote?
Kpro
5/6/08 12:05:34PM

Posted by scoozna

Posted by DCRage

I thought he changed his stance after Zuffa changed the rules to get it regulated, no?

Also, is McCain the source of the "human cockfighting" quote?

He caused 40 states to ban mixed martial arts events. As chairman of the Senate Commerce Committee, he exercised his control over the cable companies too. In 1997 TCI and Time Warner stopped carrying UFC pay-per-view events on their systems. Semaphore Entertainment Group, the company that produced UFC, nearly went bankrupt because of John McCain's moving and shaking.

And yes he labeled the sport "barbaric" and "human cockfighting" straight from his mouth. But this was all 11 years ago so it depends how much weight you want it to carry on a presidential vote.
disorderlyvision
5/6/08 12:05:45PM
none of the above they are all worthless peices of shite. Ron Paul will be my write in candidate
ohiostate1016
5/6/08 1:15:26PM
Ron Paul?!?!?!

(just kidding...he's a clown).

In fact, that's a picture of him right there...
coldchillin
5/6/08 2:01:46PM
I can't believe the Republicans would actually give McCain their nomination... the guy doesn't even know the difference between a sunni and a shiite. I thought they would have went with Romney, who is very economy-savvy but I guess they didn't have the guts to vote a Mormon in. But John McCain... can they be serious? The guy's a complete joke and has always been. I don't understand how anybody can vote for this clown... I hope everybody that votes for him enlists in the army to fight his and Bush's unjustified war that McCain has stated can go on for 100 years.

I thought Joe Biden would have been perfect for this country, he was the most qualified to be the President right now I think but since he couldn't raise much money I'm going for Obama and if Hillary wins the nomination, I'll certainly vote for her before I ever vote for McCain.
Pookie
5/6/08 2:23:49PM
Obama, but if hilary wins ill vote mccain.
billycarnage
5/6/08 2:38:46PM
Obama ain't half the man Hillary is!

I am undecided except I think Obama is a joke and his campagne is crumbling as we... type?

Vote Nader!
Manfred
5/6/08 2:42:16PM
I picked McCain. For me he's the lesser of the three evils. I could care less if he was still bashing MMA, which he isn't and has totally changed his position with the regulation. His position on MMA is the least of my concerns in a President.

I think Obama is just too inexperienced. He's been a Sen. for about 7 minutes and was only a state senator before that. Plus I don't agree with him on a lot of things.

And Hillary is well.... Hillary. You know what high benefits paid for with high taxes does? Just look at some European countries. It leads to laziness and abuse of the system. I've lived in various parts of western, central and eastern Europe for 12 of the last 14 years and trust me, w/o going into a long and detailed explanation, it's not the dreamland some make it seem.

So alas, once again I'm in the position of voting AGAINST who I don't want as opposed to who I really want.
disorderlyvision
5/6/08 3:02:07PM

Posted by ohiostate1016

Ron Paul?!?!?!

(just kidding...he's a clown).

In fact, that's a picture of him right there...

you sure that isnt a self portrait?
iwannabesedated
5/6/08 4:49:16PM
juanez13
5/6/08 5:39:44PM
Im voting For Obama.
Copenhagen
5/6/08 6:22:13PM
McCain is a former POW. He's going against Hillary, who is only in it for her own ego, and Obama, who has listened to a preacher saying "damn America" ( not to mention "all white's go to hell") all his life. Would Hillary or Obama risk their life like McCain did and fight for their country? Hell no. Hillary and Obama aren't even on the same level as McCain.

I'm not saying McCain is great, but like someone else said his is definitely the lesser of the evils.

The Democrats dug their own hole by selecting their nominees. They were suppose to have this election in the bag after Bush, and they killed themselves.
emfleek
5/6/08 10:56:07PM
Personally, I don't think McCain stands a snowball's chance in hell to win this election.
roadking95th
5/6/08 11:55:01PM
I voted McCain, but that was just based on the options presented.

This is prob the worst field of predidential candidates ever. I think most Republicans would prefer someone else. As would most Democrats. The conservatives have no one to vote for. The Greenies, well I hope they are screwed for a choice as they ****** us all with their ethanol fantasies. The independents are probably evenly split between the three clowns left.

Basically whoever wins will win in spite of themselves

Pookie
5/7/08 1:13:09AM

Posted by roadking95th

This is prob the worst field of predidential candidates ever. :

Worse than Bush - Kerry?
roadking95th
5/7/08 1:16:56AM

Posted by Pookie

Posted by roadking95th

This is prob the worst field of predidential candidates ever. :

Worse than Bush - Kerry?

hard to believe, but yea, easily worse
SpiderSilva
5/7/08 1:38:36AM
Mcain was in town and is going to just take over where Bush left off at ruining this country he is just as bad as Bush these options really suck this is all rigged I dont like Clinton I dont like Obama and I don't like McCain

THIS SUCKS IT MAKES ME NOT WANT TO VOTE

McCain will in do to the idiot Demies and no one that liky Dems vote anyway
coldchillin
5/7/08 1:17:33PM
unbelievable that people would actually vote in a 3rd term of George W. Bush policies. That's basically what you're doing when you vote for John McCain. It's pretty appalling actually.
tdietel01
5/7/08 7:07:50PM
Gotta go with Obama!!
Kracker_Jap
5/7/08 8:40:48PM
Wow.....

I vote pro-life, less goverment, and for the freedom to make my own choices....

The sad thing is from what I just read on this thread 50% of you guys don't know who I'm voting for.....
Pookie
5/7/08 9:01:52PM

Posted by Kracker_Jap

Wow.....

I vote pro-life, less goverment, and for the freedom to make my own choices....

The sad thing is from what I just read on this thread 50% of you guys don't know who I'm voting for.....

I do
GrandMaster313
5/7/08 9:09:30PM
I'm not voting for either one of these Idiots. For all I care Im going to write in my vote for Kermit The Frog !
Kracker_Jap
5/7/08 10:46:27PM

Posted by GrandMaster313

I'm not voting for either one of these Idiots. For all I care Im going to write in my vote for Kermit The Frog !

OK who's the Idiot??? (kermit the frog?)
Pages: [1] 2