UFC president was ready to brawl with former Jackson manager Ibarra

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC president was ready to brawl with former Jackson manager Ibarra
MMAcca
3/6/09 2:29:56PM
UFC president Dana White isn't quite as guarded saying that Jackson's manager/trainer Juanito Ibarra was the issue and he could see it coming from a mile away:

"You know when you're around bad guys. You don't have to be a (expletive) rocket scientist," White said as he spoke about the day he had to fly to Southern California to get Jackson out of jail. "I knew (Ibarra) was the problem. I actually got into a huge fight with him in the parking lot of the police department."

LINK
SmileR
3/6/09 2:32:46PM
I'd love to see that fight! maybe Dana has a extra secret surprise for UFC 100 and he's going to whip his ass in front of everyone for being such a underhand dick!
DaBeatdown
3/6/09 2:33:26PM
I love Rampage, but he's gotta grow up and take better care of himself. It feels like he relies on other people to motivate him and take care of him. Man up
Boo_Radley21
3/6/09 2:46:23PM
What did Ibarra do? Did I miss something? I heard Jackson talking about trainers taking his money and stuff on an interview did Ibarra do that?

And I love what Quinton did after the fight:
He fasted
He sat in the sun and drank nothing but energy drinks haha
cowcatcher
3/6/09 3:44:49PM
ink this fight joe silva!!!!!
mentalcase
3/6/09 4:03:53PM
danas a good guy
postman
3/6/09 5:38:40PM
Anyone else remember Dana and the rest of the talking heads like Goldie and Joe giving Ibarra all the credit in the world when Page Ko'd Chuck. Always talking about how in Pride Page was just a brawler and a tuff guy but once he got with Ibrra he transformed Page into a top p4p fighter? or am I making this all up in my head?
kaduey
3/6/09 6:24:08PM

Posted by postman

Anyone else remember Dana and the rest of the talking heads like Goldie and Joe giving Ibarra all the credit in the world when Page Ko'd Chuck. Always talking about how in Pride Page was just a brawler and a tuff guy but once he got with Ibrra he transformed Page into a top p4p fighter? or am I making this all up in my head?

Just because Ibarra is a good trainer, it doesn't mean he is a good manager or person fro that matter.
WheelchairBandit
3/6/09 7:38:34PM
Ibarra was taking Jackson to the cleaners while pretending to be his best friend.That's mainly what caused his whole mental breakdown-the guy that was supposed to be his best friend for all these years turned out to be screwing him out of big time $$$$.That will cause anyone serious mental turmoil.Mix that with fasting for several days,and you have a recipe for disaster.

Dana is 110% right-if Jackson was drunk or high on drugs,they would have let him go.There would have been no excuse for that.But Jackson had a legit mental breakdown.You can't fault the guy for that.It happens to everyone at one time or another.Jackson just had the misfortune of being famous and hence having his face splashed all over the internet when he had a bad day.

We all have to remember that fighters are just normal folks like you and me,and they have personal problems just like the rest of us.Dana is a good guy and watches out for his fighters.All he expects them to do is act professionaly.You haven't seen Chuck Liddell fall asleep during any interviews latley have you?

WB.
postman
3/8/09 8:54:12PM

Posted by kaduey

Posted by postman

Just because Ibarra is a good trainer, it doesn't mean he is a good manager or person fro that matter.

So if they knew he was a bad person why say the good things about him? Or did they just not notice then? Come on Dana Let Page off easy thats all there is to it. He got some backlash for it and is trying to justifie it.
Boo_Radley21
3/8/09 9:43:44PM

Posted by postman

Posted by kaduey

Posted by postman

So if they knew he was a bad person why say the good things about him? Or did they just not notice then? Come on Dana Let Page off easy thats all there is to it. He got some backlash for it and is trying to justifie it.

When Rampage beat Chuck they didn't know all of that stuff about him I'm sure otherwise Rampage wouldn't have waited until after the Griffin fight to stop training with him.