UFC president Dana White slams door on Nick Diaz vs. Anderson Silva superfight

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC president Dana White slams door on Nick Diaz vs. Anderson Silva superfight
« Previous Page
bjj1605
8/6/12 7:20:04PM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

At the end of the day, GSP has never fought at MW and Anderson has never fought at WW.

Anderson actually has fought at WW. It was early in his career but I wouldn't be surprised at all to hear that he can still make that weight.

He's a pretty slim guy. He's not all muscled up like Georges.

BlueSkiesBurn
8/6/12 8:09:02PM

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

At the end of the day, GSP has never fought at MW and Anderson has never fought at WW.

Anderson actually has fought at WW. It was early in his career but I wouldn't be surprised at all to hear that he can still make that weight.

He's a pretty slim guy. He's not all muscled up like Georges.

We must have met a different Anderson Silva. Either way, it's not really a fight that interests me. Anderson would probably take his fight with GSP unlike he's ever taken a fight. I wouldn't be shocked if he comes in heavy because he can.

GSP isn't unbeatable on the feet. Serra popped him a good one and Shields found a home for his jab. If Shields can do it, Anderson sure as hell can do it.

Additionally, all of this is predicated on a GSP that we haven't seen since he blew his ACL. There are no guarantees this guy heals properly and gets through Condit.

Diaz poses a variety of challenges on the feet for Anderson. Not to mention it's two nasty guys fighting one another. I don't want to listen to Anderson & GSP talk about how great each other are. I want to hear Diaz get all 209 before fighting Anderson.

Which one appeals to me more? Diaz-Anderson.

I actually predict that GSP-Silva would be a very boring fight. Neither one of those guys are going to take a chance. I truly believe you'd see Anderson take MUCH, MUCH fewer chances against GSP & we all know GSP already admits to fighting safe. That would be magnified exponentially against the UFC's GOAT.

Diaz wouldn't give a damn about all that crap. He wants to fight. He wants to box. He wants to knock people out.
bjj1605
8/7/12 12:53:07AM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Diaz poses a variety of challenges on the feet for Anderson. Not to mention it's two nasty guys fighting one another. I don't want to listen to Anderson & GSP talk about how great each other are. I want to hear Diaz get all 209 before fighting Anderson.

Diaz wouldn't give a damn about all that crap. He wants to fight. He wants to box. He wants to knock people out.

I always try to end on a note of agreement, if possible.

I agree that Anderson vs Diaz would be an awesome fight and for sure the pre-hype fight would be better.

BlueSkiesBurn
8/7/12 4:39:24AM

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

I always try to end on a note of agreement, if possible.

I agree that Anderson vs Diaz would be an awesome fight and for sure the pre-hype fight would be better.

And I completely understand why so many people would want this fight. (Silva-GSP)

I also acknowledge that I have no real leg to stand on when I say I think Diaz-Silva would be a "better" fight. So, I totally realize I'm in a huge minority and expect people to think I am a bit crazy, haha.

Pookie
8/7/12 4:08:22PM
Diaz fighting a bigger, tougher, stronger, more explosive guy with a reach advantage on him, who also happens to be the best striker in the sport. I can't see him not getting knocked out in one of the first exchanges.
Pages: 1 [2]