What are the preffered supplements for the fighters around here?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » MMA Training » What are the preffered supplements for the fighters around here?
seanfu
3/15/08 10:22:26PM

I've taken Creatine and it helped big time for my bodybuilding and recovery time.
I was able to go to wrestling post season and bodybuild on the same days.

I'm looking into muscle milk and fish oil supplements.

I'm not looking for muscles, it shows, I'm 162 hitting 250 maxes on the bench and 215 on the bench 10rps.

I'm looking for cardio and energy.

anyway, thanks for any input on this.
fullerene
3/16/08 10:10:22PM
I don't take supplements for cardio and energy--at least not in the direct sense. I take glucosamine chondroitin and ZMA in addition to a multi-vitamin.

I suppose I could say I take caffeine for energy, but that's not workout specific.
DoTheMMAth
3/16/08 10:47:16PM

Posted by seanfu

I've taken Creatine and it helped big time for my bodybuilding and recovery time.

I'm not looking for muscles, it shows, I'm 162 hitting 250 maxes on the bench and 215 on the bench 10rps.

I take 2 doses of wheat grass a day, fish oil, and a standard multi-vitamin. These are for general wellness/health. When I'm serious into building strength and/or some size, I cycle creatine on and off every couple months, and take glutamine PWO (post workout). Before I do cardio or lift I make sure i have some protein in my system. Cardio days I keep my carbs and calories to a minimum, heavy-lifting days I give myself some leeway to have the fuel in my system I need to lift and recover properly. Make sure to get some protein from a shake/bar/andor solid meal after you lift. Building up is 25% mental, 30% diet, 30% lifting., 15% rest time. Strength and endurance are your friends.
Rush
3/17/08 12:02:34AM
I take a multi vitamin and I take a protein isolate for recovery. That's it.

Other than that it's about eating healthy for me.
Kracker_Jap
3/17/08 1:37:12AM

Posted by DoTheMMAth

Posted by seanfu

I take 2 doses of wheat grass a day, fish oil, and a standard multi-vitamin. These are for general wellness/health. When I'm serious into building strength and/or some size, I cycle creatine on and off every couple months, and take glutamine PWO (post workout). Before I do cardio or lift I make sure i have some protein in my system. Cardio days I keep my carbs and calories to a minimum, heavy-lifting days I give myself some leeway to have the fuel in my system I need to lift and recover properly. Make sure to get some protein from a shake/bar/andor solid meal after you lift. Building up is 25% mental, 30% diet, 30% lifting., 15% rest time. Strength and endurance are your friends.

i would have said almost the same thinG
dP
3/20/08 10:20:54PM
Fish Oil capsules
multivitamin
protein powder
spike shooter.........nothing else on the market like anything I've tried....these things honestly make redbull seem like tap water