Any predictions for the Sonnen and Silva staredown?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Any predictions for the Sonnen and Silva staredown?
mrsmiley
8/4/10 9:28:37AM
I love watching the weigh-ins.
Sometimes I find them very telling of how a fight will play out and at times I find myself changing my picks after two fighters hit the scale.

This got me to thinking about staredown between Chael and Anderson.
Does anyone else think we may see some early fireworks prior to the fight Saturday night?
After all the smack Chael has talked I just can't see him not making some sort of huge fiasco at the weigh- ins just to add that extra "umph".

Just thinking.
king_katool
8/4/10 9:37:36AM
Anderson laughs in sonnens face and he responds with a shove
DCRage
8/4/10 9:44:11AM
Chael afterwards says something to Rogan that will have to be muted/censored. Anderson's response will not be in English.
emfleek
8/4/10 10:00:00AM
Nothing of any significance will transpire. Both men will shake hands and be respectful towards each other.
BlueSkiesBurn
8/4/10 11:56:33AM
Chael Sonnen will trash Brett Favre for dragging out his retirement talk, say that Jordan's dad brought his murder on himself, and tell everyone that he's the only non-fraud.
PABLOMAFIOSO
8/4/10 12:36:29PM
I reckon Anderson will stay calm and collected but shoot Sonnen the deadliest glare ever when they come face to face. Anderson is usually so respectful to his oppenents but Sonnen doesn't deserve it. I don't predict fireworks at the weigh in but I reckon we will see a deadly serious Silva and a serious but less convincing Sonnnen.
emfleek
8/4/10 1:01:40PM

Posted by PABLOMAFIOSO

Anderson is usually so respectful to his oppenents

How soon we forget Anderson's last fight where he was nothing but disrespectful towards his opponent *and* fellow countryman. Did Maia not deserve respect?

This is all trash talk and hype and I expect that once Chael loses (if he does) he'll be respectful towards Silva. We've seen it time and time again. It just so happens that it's never been taken to the level that Sonnen's taken it to.

Anderson, on the other hand, blatantly disrespected his opponent, his employer, the fans, his sponsors and the sport in general in the fight with Maia and then denied ever doing so afterwards and continues to deny it to this day.

Actions speak louder than words. In his case, his actions in Abu Dhabi screamed "f*ck you" to everyone involved.

/rant
Pookie
8/4/10 2:53:26PM
I expect Silva to do the same thing he did to Henderson. Ignore, dismiss, and destroy.
scoozna
8/4/10 2:57:40PM

Posted by PABLOMAFIOSO

I reckon Anderson will stay calm and collected but shoot Sonnen the deadliest glare ever when they come face to face. Anderson is usually so respectful to his oppenents but Sonnen doesn't deserve it. I don't predict fireworks at the weigh in but I reckon we will see a deadly serious Silva and a serious but less convincing Sonnnen.

This.
ChokeUout
8/4/10 3:16:33PM
At the weigh-ins SIlva will get right in sonnen's face, glare right through him, offer his hand, and bow.

FIght night, SIlva will glare at him, sonnen will look at the ground, and midway through the first right he'll be looking at the ground again (after he faceplants from a Silva KO).
BustedKnuckle
8/4/10 6:37:55PM
Chael goes into one of his retarded rants, and get so heated that his fucin head explodes, covering Joe Rogan with the stuff that Sonnen calls a brain!
Jackelope
8/4/10 7:02:41PM
I don't think either one of these fighters is stupid enough to start a brawl at the weigh ins. Although I wouldn't be too surprised to see Anderson possibly push Sonnen. Doubtful, though.

Sonnen is just full of hot air with all this trash talk. I don't think he really means 90% of it. There is definitely 10% that's legit, though.
postman
8/5/10 7:26:31AM
This could be the only time this weekend that Sonnen has a chance to land any significant srtikes on the feet.
Chael_Sonnen
8/5/10 9:53:09AM
The staredown will be like Don Frye vs. James Thompson....just kidding. The staredown will be very, very intense to say the least.