Prediction: Lesnar's next opponent will be Fedor

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Prediction: Lesnar's next opponent will be Fedor
nickcuc547
7/12/09 1:37:23PM
If he gets by barnett of course. it just makes too much sense right now for it not to happen. Carwin vs. Velasquez, the supposed #1 contender fight isn't going on until october, plus fedor fights josh next month and with a win he has beaten every big contender at heavyweight from every organization in the world but brock lesnar. i think the timing is just too perfect for dana to pass it up, i'm saying right now that this fight happens later this year, possiby december.
imanidiot777
7/12/09 2:58:53PM
This would be nice.
MMA4EVER
7/12/09 3:13:59PM
Fedor would destroy brock in one round no way brock beats fedor if brock took on mirko mirko would ko brock back to the wwe its a joke that brock got his shot at the belt so soon but yeah he has beaten 2 good fighters in mir and herring if he gets fedor we will know for sure that brock cant hang with the truly best
imanidiot777
7/12/09 4:45:22PM

Posted by MMA4EVER

Fedor would destroy brock in one round no way brock beats fedor if brock took on mirko mirko would ko brock back to the wwe its a joke that brock got his shot at the belt so soon but yeah he has beaten 2 good fighters in mir and herring if he gets fedor we will know for sure that brock cant hang with the truly best

OOOOK, we can all stop with the Brock hating now, he won the belt from Randy and defending it against Mir, even if he doesn't beat Fedor, which he probably won't, that leaves him......SECOND BEST IN THE HEAVYWEIGHT DIVISION OMG LOOK HOW BAD HE IS.........not......

Mirko is NOT a guaranteed win over Brock, what are you even thinking? Brock would MAUL him on the ground if he can dodge one kick and get a takedown its OVER!
cmill21
7/12/09 4:52:28PM

Posted by imanidiot777

OOOOK, we can all stop with the Brock hating now, he won the belt from Randy and defending it against Mir, even if he doesn't beat Fedor, which he probably won't, that leaves him......SECOND BEST IN THE HEAVYWEIGHT DIVISION OMG LOOK HOW BAD HE IS.........not......

Mirko is NOT a guaranteed win over Brock, what are you even thinking? Brock would MAUL him on the ground if he can dodge one kick and get a takedown its OVER!

Doubt he would even throw a kick, it would be the same stratagy as the Coleman fight. No it's not a garenteed win but by the looks of things Brock would have incredible trouble with a guy who can strike and keep it on the feet.
imanidiot777
7/12/09 6:56:57PM

Posted by cmill21

Posted by imanidiot777

Doubt he would even throw a kick, it would be the same stratagy as the Coleman fight. No it's not a garenteed win but by the looks of things Brock would have incredible trouble with a guy who can strike and keep it on the feet.

What makes you think he can keep it on the feet? Brock's takedowns have been completely unstoppable thus far.
MMA4EVER
7/12/09 7:33:24PM
Mirko has great takedown defense im sure he would stop brocks takedowns yeah brock has good hands but not compared to mirko plus mirko has beaten bigger guys than brock and brock would be 2nd best hw i dont think so yeah he has proven himself against randy and frank and heath but there is a lot of other top hws that he has yet to fight and i dont think he could get past josh barnett im sureb shane carwin would ko brock cain velasquez would beat brock standing minotauro would easily submit brock so by saying brock would be 2nd best after fedor beats him down na i wouldnt say 2nd maybe like 10th or lower
imanidiot777
7/12/09 8:21:01PM

Posted by MMA4EVER

Mirko has great takedown defense im sure he would stop brocks takedowns yeah brock has good hands but not compared to mirko plus mirko has beaten bigger guys than brock and brock would be 2nd best hw i dont think so yeah he has proven himself against randy and frank and heath but there is a lot of other top hws that he has yet to fight and i dont think he could get past josh barnett im sureb shane carwin would ko brock cain velasquez would beat brock standing minotauro would easily submit brock so by saying brock would be 2nd best after fedor beats him down na i wouldnt say 2nd maybe like 10th or lower

Look at all of these ridiculous assumptions, what leads you to believe that Cain or Carwin are so much better than Brock standing? They are both wrestlers and not many years ahead of Brock in training. Carwin has been rocked multiple times on the feet and Brock beat Randy standing up.
MMA4EVER
7/13/09 6:46:38AM
Randy doenst have any good stand up to begin with carwin kod gonzaga brock isnt good as everyone thinks he is wait till his big tests come he will fold like a wallet i know mirko would beat him minotauro would beat him im sure velasquez can beat him carwin could beat him and lesnar nuthuggers r ranking him 2nd best like i said not 2nd 10th or lower
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
Nightmare27
7/13/09 2:14:06PM
Mirko would get put on his back and pounded. I would love to see a LHK to Lesnar's face but I doubt that he'd get the chance.
FesterPatches
7/13/09 2:27:48PM
As much as I like Mirko, hed get manhandled. Luckily for him this fight is so far away that he probably wont be fighting in the UFC anymore when its time. As far as Fedor goes...he better start training Leg locks and takedown defense with the likes of a f****** Elephant. Even that wont help IMO.

As much as I hate to say it....Im ready to see him do this to Somebody...Lmao....
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
mmadb
7/13/09 5:46:12PM
I have this weird feeling that you're probably right. I get the impression that if Fedor beats Barnett, Dana will feel the pressure to make it happen and hopefully all the bullshit he's talked about Fedor over the past decade doesn't come back and bite him in the ass.

Fedor would get an automatic title shot and I would pray that he wins because if he doesn't we are going to be stuck with Brock for a long long time.
cmill21
7/13/09 7:56:10PM
Brock is a world beater, I mean Randy didn't push him around at all and Frank didn't make his stand up look like my sisters.
Shadymlm
7/14/09 12:45:04AM

Posted by MMA4EVER

Wow it never ceases to amaze me how people can never give the devil his dues in this case that devil Would be the UFC Heavyweight Champion Brock Lesnar. Yes he may have acted like an *** afterwards but you can't deny the pure DOMINATION of what many considered to be a top 10 HW.

Everybody was saying how Frank Mir was gonna sub Brock and take his arm or leg home with him, I'm sure you were one of them and what happened Brock Completely dominated him even more so GSP did Alves and what's your response... Brock would get beat by Cain, who looked less then impressive in his last fight imo and Mirko who hasn't looked impressive at all in the UFC. Carwin does have a chance. Big NOG would not easily submit Brock if Mir has the power to stop Nog then Brock damn sure does imo. AND BROCK WOULD KILL FEDOR 1ST ROUND KO!!!! LOL j/k!!!
slapshot
7/14/09 1:17:04AM
I refuse to believe they can sign Fedor until it actually happens, CC might have the better striking but there is no way he could defend the takedowns and though Brocks striking is poor its not like he wouldn't know what to look for and defend and CC would have a horrible time getting off a kick without getting took to the ground.

If someone is going to give Brock a good go they will need to be able to defend the TD, make it a boxing match and be a better striker. Plenty of fighters have the ability to do one or the other but I don't think there is anyone in the UFC right now that can do both.
RNC
7/14/09 2:26:35AM
A lot of people are hating on Lesnar because they don't like him as a person. Step back and take a look at him as a fighter.

Lesnar vs Mir

Lesnar comes in and takes Mir down within the first ten seconds of the 1st round. Within 20 seconds, Mir is bloodied up, and in a post fight interview, he said he was seeing stars. Without warning, Mazzagati pulls Lesnar off of Mir because Mir turns while Lesnar is hitting him and Lesnar accidently strikes him to the back of the head once. Talk about consistency Mazzagati. You warned GSP over 3 times in his third fight against Hughes to stop hitting the back of the head, and NEVER took a point away. Here you do it without warning, for 1 strike, that was caused because Mir turned into Lesnar. Regardless, they stand up, and Mir immediately ends up on his back again. Lesnar makes the mistake of standing square in Frank's guard and gets knee bar'd. I have a feeling the fight would've gone a different way if it was never stood up. Either way, Lesnar showed he has excellent take downs and heavy ground and pound.

Lesnar vs Herring

From the very beginning to the very end, Lesnar manhandled a 250 pound man in Heath Herring dominantly for 3 rounds. The second the bell rings he launches a right hand that not only knocks Heath down, but sends him somersaulting backwards into the cage. The rest of the fight was spent with Lesnar delivering ground and pound from on top of Herring, and busting him up pretty bad. Here's a guy who's been in there with Nog, Cro Cop, Fedor, and for the entire fight, he had no answer for Lesnar. Impressive win for Brock.

Lesnar vs Couture

Couture out struck the lenghtly 6'8" Tim Sylvia for 5 rounds straight. He put a beating on Gonzaga, busting up his nose and breaking him down, controling almost the entire fight from the clinch. Then he got in there with Brock and he wasn't able to do either. Brock out wrestled Randy and then he out struck him. Granted, Couture is 220 lbs, but that has never stopped him against larger men in the past. Lesnar showed that he is for sure a power house and most certainly a force to be reckoned with.

Lesnar vs Mir II

Lesnar comes into this fight much smarter this time. He's patient on the feet, and picks his spots well. After waiting for the right moment, he takes Mir down with ease and secures a safe position. From there, he locks Mir's neck up between his bicep and his for arm, and starts delivering shot after shot with his other hand. And while these were small shots, they were busting Mir up. You saw his face after the round. Sure, this might not be the most eye appealing ground and pound, but if you can generate that much power and create that much damage by fighting this way, why wouldn't you? It's called fighting smart. This was basically the whole story of the fight. Next round, Brock takes him down again and does the same thing. Secures a good safe position and lands small shot after small shot. Then he hurts Mir.... with these small shots that Mir was making fun of btw. Mirs hurt, small shots turn into large ones, and the ref pulls Lesnar off of a bloody and beaten Frank Mir.

So now, in two fights, Lesnar has TKO'd Couture and TKO'd Mir, two top ten heavyweights, back to back. Anyone who says that this guy isn't the real deal is missing something.

For the Cro Cop argument that's going on, let's be real. Cro Cop hasn't been the same for awhile. He looked lackluster in his fight against Eddie Sanchez, he got KTFO in his fight against Gonzaga, he looked lackluster again in his fight against Kongo, and his fight against Al Turk was more of the same, lackluster. And this is looking lackluster against B level competition, not against top heavyweights. If Cro Cop looks bad against them, I can only imagine what someone like Brock will make him look like. And you want to post up pictures of his headkick, when's the last time we've seen a trademark Cro Cop headkick? All I remember is Cheick Kongo running a kickboxing clinic on him, and Gonzaga knocking him out with his own signature move.

All in all, Lesnar is the real deal. And while he would most likely have a hard time with Fedor, give the man a little bit of credit that he deserves.
imanidiot777
7/14/09 11:05:22AM
AMEN to RNC! Excellent post. You took the time to say what I didn't feel like taking the time to say.
Chuckles
7/14/09 12:57:43PM
Due to the fact that Fedor still isn't signed with the UFC and in the past we have failed to have Fedor in the UFC this discussion is pointless, until Dana finds a way to get Fedor into the UFC we won't have to worry about a Brock vs. Fedor fight unless Brock chooses to leave the UFC which is more unlikely than Fedor being signed. Even if Dana uses his resources to make an attempt to bring Fedor in, I wouldn't be surprised if Fedor's managers turn down the offer. However I do agree that Brock should sweep some more of the UFC HW's before people start comparing him to Fedor. Brock is young in his career and I'm sure his time to fight more greats and step up will come. When that event happens, we will see if he has a true champion mentality. However until then, people will hate on him and speculate these huge fights and try to predict outcomes. But the only true way to know is give it time and let the match-ups happen. My opinion Fedor vs. Brock is either a long way down the road or will never happen.
the_01
7/14/09 6:49:24PM
Get real people, Brock will destroy Fedor, it may take longer than other opponents, but Im sure he will do it. Dana will not try to bring Fedor to the UFC unless he is sure that Brock will win. He critisized Fedor a bunch of times, and this is his perfect chance to prove it.
JimiMak
7/14/09 7:23:25PM
There is pretty much zero chance. The only thing there is less of a chance of would be Brock winning.
fonduktoe
7/15/09 12:57:14AM
i think if fedor gets through barnett (the last fight on his affliction contract) than a major play for fedor will be made by cooler heads in the ufc (i.e. not dana white)
so this scenario is not without plausability
IF fedor whoops barnett than i think both camps will know the iron would be hot to strike for a superfight, and in the public perception (as well as my own) this would be THE superfight which means both crazy money and crazy fan interest
this is a win-win so what's stopping it?
....possibly josh barnett
....possibly dana white
....possibly fedor's management
....possibly affliction's inevitable sexy counter offer
god dammit