Your prediction for the UFC HW division

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Your prediction for the UFC HW division
TsekaPrivet
4/19/09 3:49:13AM
Here's mine, I hope you evaluate it.

Frank Mir vs Brock Lesnar:
Brock Lesnar takes Frank Mir down and avoids being submitted. Brock Lesnar wins via TKO in the 2nd or 3rd round.

Randy Couture vs Antonio Nogueira:
The two trade strikes with Couture getting the better of the strikes, Couture holds Nogueira against the cage but Nogueira retaliates with a Judo leg trip to surprise us all with a phenomenal 3rd round submission.

Antonio Nogueira vs Brock Lesnar:
Nogueira is awarded a title shot and prevails against Brock Lesnar with a thunder-like armbar/triangle choke hold, what makes Nogueira have the edge against Lesnar is that he has a strong chin, unlike Frank Mir.

Randy Couture vs Frank Mir:
The most interesting match, in my opinion. Randy Couture easily takes Frank to the clinch and carries him to a Unanimous Decision with Randy taking the W.

Antonio Nogueira vs Shane Carwin:
Nogueira's first title defense is against undefeated Carwin, Nogueira defeats Carwin via TKO in the 4/5th rounds, with Carwin not being KO'd but judge deciding to stop the fight

Antonio Nogueira vs Cheick Congo
Nogueira outperforms Congo in the clinch before taking Congo down and winning a decision with a very dominating performance.

In the meanwhile, Randy Couture takes a match against Shane Carwin[after he loses to Nogueira] and defeats him, then drops down to the LHW division for an easy victory and then leaves the UFC to fight Fedor Emelianenko and give Affliction a big PPV boost.
Pskinner_mma314
4/19/09 4:06:21AM

Posted by TsekaPrivet

Nogueira is awarded a title shot and prevails against Brock Lesnar with a thunder-like armbar/triangle choke hold, what makes Nogueira have the edge against Lesnar is that he has a strong chin, unlike Frank Mir.

Nogueira's first title defense is against undefeated Carwin, Nogueira defeats Carwin via TKO in the 4/5th rounds, with Carwin not being KO'd but judge deciding to stop the fight

gotta say, thought about what u said, and these are the 2 i disagree with, if mir can tko nogueira with straight punches, IMO brock lesnar would flatline him with those retarded hammerfists...............granted they are effective and hell if it works for u, if it aint broke don't fix it, but i think if lesnar would wind up punches in gnp he would finish alot faster.

Carwin hits harder than both mir and lesnar, nuff said.......only way nog wins that one is by sub.

just my thoughts
tdietel01
4/19/09 10:46:34AM
I dont see lesnar losing to either any of those people. I dont see anyone subbing him and the only loss i see could happen is if he stands with kongo (i know that fight wasnt mentioned) I dont see him trying to stand with kongo long though
The_Ho_Bag
4/19/09 11:34:52AM

Posted by TsekaPrivet

In the meanwhile, Randy Couture takes a match against Shane Carwin[after he loses to Nogueira] and defeats him, then drops down to the LHW division for an easy victory and then leaves the UFC to fight Fedor Emelianenko and give Affliction a big PPV boost.

lololololololololololololololololololololol..... why would randy want to fight fedor? he'll loose int he 1st round sub. sure itll boost up the ratings but itll be a one-sided match. Im sorry but i dont see randy taking the title in the HW or LHW. i think him and Chuck should retire =)
TsekaPrivet
4/19/09 7:40:20PM

Posted by The_Ho_Bag

Posted by TsekaPrivet

lololololololololololololololololololololol..... why would randy want to fight fedor? he'll loose int he 1st round sub. sure itll boost up the ratings but itll be a one-sided match. Im sorry but i dont see randy taking the title in the HW or LHW. i think him and Chuck should retire =)

If you haven't noticed he has been begging for a match with Fedor for almost a decade.
gartface
4/19/09 8:48:44PM

Posted by TsekaPrivet

Posted by The_Ho_Bag

Posted by TsekaPrivet

If you haven't noticed he has been begging for a match with Fedor for almost a decade.

If by a decade you mean the past 2-3 years, then yes. He doesn't have many more fights left in him.
chickmagnet
4/21/09 7:32:08PM

Lesnar will beat Mir by a late TKO Stoppage.

Couture will beat Nog by Unanimous Decision.

Kongo will get the next title shot and get stopped with strikes by Lesnar in the first round.

Carwin will be next in line after that.
Bloodhound
4/21/09 10:34:12PM

Posted by chickmagnet

Kongo will get the next title shot and get stopped with strikes by Lesnar in the first round.

i doubt Mir is gonna stop Kongo with strikes
State_Champ
4/21/09 10:59:13PM
All I have to say is.....

WAR LESNAR!!
imanidiot777
4/21/09 11:14:00PM
Lesnar beats Mir and is the undisputed champ.

Couture finishes Nogs career and then himself retires.

The war of the monsters happens very soon between Carwin and Lesnar and I dare not make a prediction of that outcome yet.
gartface
4/21/09 11:59:41PM

Posted by Bloodhound

Posted by chickmagnet

i doubt Mir is gonna stop Kongo with strikes

I disagree. I think that Lesnar will be able to take Kongo down with ease, and off of his back Kongo is no threat to Brock. Game over.
Pookie
4/22/09 12:52:40AM

Posted by Pskinner_mma314

Posted by TsekaPrivet

gotta say, thought about what u said, and these are the 2 i disagree with, if mir can tko nogueira with straight punches, IMO brock lesnar would flatline him with those retarded hammerfists...............granted they are effective and hell if it works for u, if it aint broke don't fix it, but i think if lesnar would wind up punches in gnp he would finish alot faster.

Carwin hits harder than both mir and lesnar, nuff said.......only way nog wins that one is by sub.

just my thoughts

just something to think about - Nogueria was hospitalized less than a week before the fight with mir, and had many injuries, infections, & problems in general leading up to that fight.
telnights
4/22/09 4:15:26AM
My prediction is TsekaPrivet fav fighter is Nog.

I don't feel either Nog or Randy will be a threat for the tittle ever again. I feel Carwin, Lesnar, and Mir could beat both of them.