A Prediction

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » A Prediction
sclasclemski
4/30/09 8:27:31AM
Here's what I think the next several months to a year should look like for the UFC middleweight division....

The UFC signs Vitor Belfort and immediately gives him a title shot against Anderson ( probably at the new years show)... The winner of Bisping - Henderson fights the winner of Maia - Marquardt...

Should Anderson defeat Vitor he then fights the winner of the other four fighters.

Should Anderson survive all this he then fights GSP in a final Superfight to end his career and give up his belt.... The new middleweight champion is decided by facing Vitor against the loser of Anderson's fight against whomever comes out of the four man tourney.

The next number one contender would then be Yushin Okami.

Of course if Vitor beats Anderson then well that throws a monkey wrench in the plans.
mentalcase
4/30/09 8:52:42AM
i heard from a guy at my bjj gym they signed belfort for a 5 fight deal
sclasclemski
4/30/09 9:12:04AM
I hope thats true
SpiderSilva
4/30/09 9:26:54AM
why give him a title shot right away? i dont see that he would need 1 fight before a title shot maybe vs kang or something
prozacnation1978
4/30/09 9:46:21AM
only way belfort goes to ufc is if affliction folds
mkiv9secsupra
4/30/09 10:12:21AM
Screw that. I want to see Anderson fight every single one of the top contenders. I want to see him TKO/Sub Marquardt, Maia, Okami, Cote(well actually i want Cote to win), and Henderson and completely embarass Bisping. And if the MW Dana said he was trying to sign is Vitor then let Anderson destroy him as well.
sclasclemski
4/30/09 4:57:25PM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Screw that. I want to see Anderson fight every single one of the top contenders. I want to see him TKO/Sub Marquardt, Maia, Okami, Cote(well actually i want Cote to win), and Henderson and completely embarass Bisping. And if the MW Dana said he was trying to sign is Vitor then let Anderson destroy him as well.

Fact is that that scenario is not going to happen...Silva has four fights left and publicly states that he wants to retire and fight roy jones jr...One of those fights is taken now against Forrest...unless Anderson has a change of mind...well not much time left is all...
ufcfighter
5/1/09 8:45:55AM
hmmmm..nice prediction..i hope it will happen...
king_katool
5/1/09 11:08:25AM
anderson silva will not retire, he is saying this so when he wins his next four fights he can make dana give him a HUGE contract, if not he will say ok i retire, or if affliction is still around.......