My pre-season Superbowl Prediction looks good so far...what were yours?

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » My pre-season Superbowl Prediction looks good so far...what were yours?
jiujitsufreak74
1/13/08 4:48:12PM
At the beginning of the season, i had the chargers and the giants in the superbowl. i picked the chargers as the next champion, but then with new england turning into the greatest team in history and san diego starting 5-5...i lost hope. now, against all odds the chargers upset the colts losing both their starting quarterback and running back. now if the giants pull off the upset it would perfect although very unlikely. i know the chargers have to beat the unbeatable patriots first, but there is still a chance my pre-season predictions can come true!!! so i was just wondering, what were your pre-season predictions and what are your predictions for the upcoming matchups left? right now it looks like new england will finish their unbeaten run, but i am sticking with my pre-season pick in order to hold true...my mind says new england, my heart says chargers and although the mind is usually 80% right there is still t hat chance.
tuvok500
1/13/08 6:28:17PM
My prediction was Patriots all the ways !!

and it will happen no matter their opponent !!

Go Pats !!

Lord_Lenny
1/13/08 6:43:05PM
COWBOYS
tuvok500
1/13/08 7:49:38PM

Posted by Lord_Lenny

COWBOYS

Bye Bye Dallas !!

jiujitsufreak74
1/13/08 7:53:03PM
my prediction is looking pretty damn good right now, giants and chargers both pulled off the upset!!!!! now hopefully they can do it again. i will laugh so hard if my pre-season prediction comes true
tuvok500
1/13/08 7:55:04PM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

my prediction is looking pretty damn good right now, giants and chargers both pulled off the upset!!!!! now hopefully they can do it again. i will laugh so hard if my pre-season prediction comes true

THe superbowl will be Patriots against GreenBay man !!

and the score will be :

Pats : 38
Packers : 17

Trapt1nw0nder
1/13/08 8:02:49PM

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by Lord_Lenny

COWBOYS

Bye Bye Dallas !!

Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
The_Ho_Bag
1/13/08 8:06:47PM
bye bye dallas go back home u panzis all i have to say is Amani toomer bleeh

i was close i had Jax Pats and GB vs giants so as of far im 3/4 teams

supero bowl NYG vs SD

NYG champs
Twenty20Dollars
1/13/08 8:09:58PM
Packers all the way, Favre retires in Glory
Trapt1nw0nder
1/13/08 8:12:40PM
now that my team is out...im sure GB Packers are the fan favorites

Hope they take it.
tuvok500
1/13/08 8:22:43PM

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by Lord_Lenny

COWBOYS

Bye Bye Dallas !!

It is the most cowardly act i have ever seen

not very surprising coming from you

Trapt1nw0nder
1/13/08 8:27:44PM

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by Lord_Lenny

COWBOYS

Bye Bye Dallas !!

It is the most cowardly act i have ever seen

not very surprising coming from you

it was just a joke..dont take it so seriously...

If that cat already passed away then im sorry..i didnt stop to think about that...other than that you shouldnt take it too seriously..
Lord_Lenny
1/13/08 9:59:22PM

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by Lord_Lenny

COWBOYS

Bye Bye Dallas !!

NOOOOOO!!
ohiostate1016
1/13/08 11:29:25PM
I had the Colts from the AFC. It was difficult for me to find a team from the NFC, so I said the Packers in a crazy prediction (not so crazy now, eh?). At least one of my teams is still alive...I'm saying Pack vs. Pats in the SB.
candynuts
1/14/08 12:48:15AM
Da Bears............
hippysmacker
1/14/08 1:34:52AM
In my hometown fantasy league we have a side pool for the playoffs before the season . We only pick which 6 teams will make it in each conference( for 1 pt.) , the teams that make it to the 2nd round ( 3 points) , to the conference championship games ( 5 pts) , make the superbowl( 7 pts.) , Winner of the superbowl ( 10 pts) . Anytime you get something exactly right you get double points on that bracket. So if you get just 1 team exactly right from the start, Like a steeler fan buddy of mine in the league did a few years ago, you have a huge edge. However it's usually hard for someone to pick a wildcard team to win it all. For those who still have a chance at victory the week of the superbowl, we pick a score as a tiebreaker , but is has never been needed.

These were my picks

NFC- Playoffs-
#1 seed Dallas,
# 2 seed Carolina
# 3 seed Chicago
# 4 seed Seattle
Wildcard#5 New Orleans
Wildcard # 6 Philly

Wildcard picks - Chicago over Philly and New Orleans over Seattle
Divisional picks- Dallas over New Orleans and Carolina over Chicago
NFC- Championship- Dallas over Carolina

AFC- New England, San Diego,Indy, Pittsburgh, Denver, Baltimore
# 1 seed- New England
# 2 seed- Indy
# 3 seed- San Diego
# 4 seed- Baltimore
# Wildcard # 5 - Pitsburgh
# Wildcard # 6 - Denver

Wildcard- San Diego over Denver and Pittsburgh over Baltimore
Divisional picks- New England over Pittsburgh and San Diego over Indy
AFC championship- New England over San Diego

Superbowl Dallas over New England

So, as you can see I am really out of the running, and won't even pay attention to it next week. I was in deep trouble when I failed to pick so many playoff teams already, not to mention picking Carolina to be the NFC # 2 seed an in the NFC championship game. I will say this , we have been doing this for only 4 years, but it really is funny to go back and look whats really written down. You will see people talk about how they knew this team was gonna do good/bad, but when we actually bring out the sheet( which I personally carry along with my fantasy stats weekly) you will see just how many people lie out their butts. Some will even try to say they wrote down the wrong team, or I meant to pick them but somebody talked me out of it. When it's written down the exaggeraters get owned repeatedly. It's actually one of the things I like best about the internet. I can always search when I remember someones post. Strange and weird creature is man.
The_Ho_Bag
1/14/08 5:55:36AM
hippysmacker u honestly thought the giants werent going to make it? lol thats why they call fantasy =]
cowcatcher
1/14/08 1:42:10PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Packers all the way, Favre retires in Glory

im in wisconsin so im obviously hoping the pack wins it all, but around here for the last week or so the talk is that favre is coming back next year no matter what. sorry aaron rodgers