Pre fight meals

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » MMA Training » Pre fight meals
postman
10/5/09 9:35:21PM
I have a fight coming up Oct 24th just wondering what you guys found to work as far as food the day before and day of the fight. The shity thing they did was changed the weigh in for 4:30 and the fight is at 7:30 so I'm going to be on weight for the fight i'm not cutting for it. Anything you guys like to do will help thanks!
hotrodttt
10/5/09 9:54:21PM
It may sound stupid but I've been doing it for as long as I can remember for wrestling. Spagetti-O's are great for settleing your stomach and it helps you deal with nerves. I also suggest not drinking anything except water. Hope this helps
grappler0000
10/5/09 11:48:44PM
Everyone has their own little ritual, but here's my recommendation:

Night before: pasta

Day of: just keep it simple...definitely no dairy or anything greasy, like pizza. Sandwiches and fruit always worked for me in wrestling. Nutrigrain bars also work good as a snack. I agree with Hotrodttt that water is best as well.
hotrodttt
10/5/09 11:54:09PM

Posted by grappler0000

Everyone has their own little ritual, but here's my recommendation:

Night before: pasta

Day of: just keep it simple...definitely no dairy or anything greasy, like pizza. Sandwiches and fruit always worked for me in wrestling. Nutrigrain bars also work good as a snack. I agree with Hotrodttt that water is best as well.

Yes, Fruit is a must, preferably green grapes. Eat them cold as well. I never was into eating dry things before wrestling though. It tends to harden up and make me feel like sh*t.
UFCmma666
10/6/09 7:09:45PM
for tournaments or fights i cut around 20 lbs and my favorite thing after cutting alot of weight is a huge fruit tray and a vitamin water