Pre-event anxiety?

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Pre-event anxiety?
pmoney
12/27/11 3:37:20PM
After what seemed like a small eternity to me, Season 12 begins Friday. The fight card is stacked, and I can't wait to watch it. I am experiencing a good deal of anxiety over it though!

Every season, I try to get top score, top wagers, top camp, top everything! So there is that self imposed pressure. In addition, my real life wagers have really been taking off, in spite of losing on UFC 140. I'm up about 1500-1600%, which is roughly the average percentage of increase in my fantasy bankroll the last two seasons. Needless to say, I want to keep it going. So there is more pressure...

Anyone else get the pre-UFC jitters?
Chael_Sonnen
12/27/11 4:54:49PM
No.
tcunningham
12/27/11 5:48:23PM
i dont get anxiety. im not good at waiting for stuff so generally its irritability because the event is still a week away and its been like 2 weeks since the last one.
FastKnockout
12/27/11 6:39:42PM
I know how you feel, P$. I'm the same way. The week leading into the event, it's all that's on my mind for the most part. Thinking about the match-ups, my picks/wagers, side games, etc. Constantly going over it in my head. MMA fantasy and betting is one of my favorite past times, so I try to do the best I can. At the same time I'm trying to cram all the new information that week concering the event such as fighter interviews, predictions, statistics, etc.
BlueSkiesBurn
12/27/11 10:43:48PM
None at all.
Budgellism
12/28/11 3:47:37AM

Posted by FastKnockout

I know how you feel, P$. I'm the same way. The week leading into the event, it's all that's on my mind for the most part. Thinking about the match-ups, my picks/wagers, side games, etc. Constantly going over it in my head. MMA fantasy and betting is one of my favorite past times, so I try to do the best I can. At the same time I'm trying to cram all the new information that week concering the event such as fighter interviews, predictions, statistics, etc.

This sums up how I feel before an event.
emfleek
12/28/11 8:37:18AM
No anxiety here. Just pure excitement.

Aether
12/28/11 6:32:40PM

Posted by pmoney

After what seemed like a small eternity to me, Season 12 begins Friday. The fight card is stacked, and I can't wait to watch it. I am experiencing a good deal of anxiety over it though!

Every season, I try to get top score, top wagers, top camp, top everything! So there is that self imposed pressure. In addition, my real life wagers have really been taking off, in spite of losing on UFC 140. I'm up about 1500-1600%, which is roughly the average percentage of increase in my fantasy bankroll the last two seasons. Needless to say, I want to keep it going. So there is more pressure...

Anyone else get the pre-UFC jitters?

My main goal in any season is to be in the top 100 for points. I'm ok with top 150, but anything less and I am severely disappointed with myself lol. I've never really cared about wagers, I really only started wagering once I joined this camp because wagers obviously count towards camp ranking.
Pookie
12/29/11 7:42:08PM
I am incredibly immune to irritability, and stress. But Anxiety.... i'm in that boat with you most of the time.

This event though, easy money. Brock and Cerreone is going to tank everybody's but my event score.