Prater vs Silva MMAPG scoring heads-up

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA Playground Game Talk » Prater vs Silva MMAPG scoring heads-up
DoTheMMAth
1/14/12 11:40:51PM
We will be treating this bout the same way we would a no contest: it won't be factored it into any scoring or bets.

Yes, technically on paper Carlo won. I don't think I'm going out on a limb by saying that in reality he did not defeat his opponent. The object of the picks game is to, in plain English, pick the guy that whooped the other guy's ass.

That being said, we're not going to go in the other direction by giving Silva the win either. No decision ever pleases everyone, but that's the side we're coming down on this one.
emfleek
1/14/12 11:43:16PM
Poor_Franklin
1/15/12 12:11:54AM
sbulldavid
1/15/12 12:15:32AM
I disagree, I've been screwed before too, and the rules were written. This was a loss for Silva and it should count as a loss.
emfleek
1/15/12 12:17:51AM

Posted by sbulldavid

I disagree, I've been screwed before too, and the rules were written. This was a loss for Silva and it should count as a loss.

If you're not able to select DQ as a method of winning, you shouldn't be rewarded points for it either.
FastKnockout
1/15/12 12:18:39AM
sbulldavid
1/15/12 12:21:18AM
But this is rewriting a glitch after the fact, a fight stays on our record whether it's overturned, I don't see how this is any different.
emfleek
1/15/12 12:24:45AM

Posted by sbulldavid

But this is rewriting a glitch after the fact, a fight stays on our record whether it's overturned, I don't see how this is any different.

I don't get what you're saying. There's no fight on your record...it was deleted and excluded from points/wager updates.

Also, this is the way it's been handled in the past. This is nothing new.
prophecy033
1/15/12 12:25:30AM
loonytnt
1/15/12 12:26:20AM
bad refs tonight, nuff said
sbulldavid
1/15/12 12:28:45AM
If it's been handled this way in the past then I'm okay with it.
Geoffo
1/15/12 12:49:11AM
People complaining about not getting points for this fight, cry more. Its 1 fight.
Twenty20Dollars
1/15/12 12:51:26AM
maybe we should ask joe rogan
sbulldavid
1/15/12 12:55:44AM
I could care less about the points, but what about the guys that aren't going to get their 23 to 1 parlay for example.
Kpro
1/15/12 12:57:02AM
Same way it was done last time.
Shawn91111
1/15/12 1:24:40AM
Why was it counted for Matt Hamill winning with a DQ over Jon Jones on here then? As well as Soto/Riddle at UFC 111 was scored a DQ, but points/wagers were awarded to Riddle on here.
Kpro
1/15/12 1:48:02AM

Posted by Shawn91111

Why was it counted for Matt Hamill winning with a DQ over Jon Jones on here then? As well as Soto/Riddle at UFC 111 was scored a DQ, but points/wagers were awarded to Riddle on here.

Maybe a better answer will come from a mod. But the first time a situation like that happened circa 07 it was counted, for years it continued that way with the reasoning of "that's the way it's always been done". With the majority of players not agreeing with a DQ counting for picks/wagers it was finally switched to the way it would've been all along if it hadn't been entered the very first time it ever happened in 07. As that was the only reasoning it stayed around for so long. I don't have the link, but it's in this forum, where it states DQ's don't count from now on as the majority of players are against it.
DeadHead988
1/15/12 2:13:49AM
DoTheMMAth
1/15/12 10:18:19AM

Posted by Shawn91111

You have a valid point, and I will take the flak for this one. After discussing this with other mods and members I do believe that this was handled incorrectly in the past, and moving forward it will dealt with the same way it was dealt with this time.

Like I said before, it's impossible to please everyone, and I have a feeling that you would be posting on this regardless of how it was handled.
Kpro
1/15/12 10:28:29AM

Posted by DoTheMMAth

Like I said before, it's impossible to please everyone.

Not everyone, but the current record is 919 in one day by Lisa Sparxxx.
MMAcca
1/15/12 11:24:23AM

Posted by Kpro

Maybe a better answer will come from a mod. But the first time a situation like that happened circa 07 it was counted, for years it continued that way with the reasoning of "that's the way it's always been done". With the majority of players not agreeing with a DQ counting for picks/wagers it was finally switched to the way it would've been all along if it hadn't been entered the very first time it ever happened in 07. As that was the only reasoning it stayed around for so long. I don't have the link, but it's in this forum, where it states DQ's don't count from now on as the majority of players are against it.

This.
MuayThaiGeek13
1/15/12 12:44:44PM
If you picked Prater to win, you're an Idiot.

If you think Prater won, you're an Idiot.

If you think you got screwed out of a "win" and Silva didn't, you're well..you know.