who is a practitioner of some form of combat (grappling included.)

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » MMA Training » who is a practitioner of some form of combat (grappling included.)
POLL: Who trains in some form of combat
yes 80% (35)
no 9% (4)
strictly fan(don't hurt me) 11% (5)
seanfu
1/8/08 9:56:42PM
I'm a 3 year wrestler and train Boxing, Muay Thai, BJJ, and some Grecko, and Judo.
I wanted to know where the hardcore fans were.
hotrodttt
1/8/08 10:01:06PM
I've been wresting for 11 years, Muay Thai for 3 Years and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu for 2 years. BJJ is my favorite because my wrestling goes well with it and there are things in BJJ that you can't do in Wresting
wolfman
1/8/08 10:21:34PM
Unfortunately, I am a poor college student who does not have the money to afford mma training. However, in high school I used to wrestle and box at a local gym that was free. Anyways, right now I am just a fan who wishes I was able to train in mma. If I could train I would want to learn Muay Thai and BJJ.
TimW001
1/8/08 11:47:44PM
Ive been doing boxing for about a year now. And, for about three years, I've been doing JJ on and off.
puppetmaster837
1/9/08 12:28:29AM
I have been doing BJJ for about 6 months, and wrestling for a couple months. And then right after wrestling season im either gonna start kickboxing or Muay Thai
loller90278
1/9/08 12:43:57AM
wrong forum bud, take questions like this to the MMA LOUNGE
cmill21
1/9/08 12:59:03AM
Kickboxing/boxing 5 years.
Kpro
1/9/08 2:54:59AM
I wanted to train Muay Thai and BJJ until I realized those were Elvis Sinosic's 2 specialties.
StevenSeagal
1/9/08 9:27:41AM
I have been doing BJJ for almost 3 years. I strictly do BJJ, though am a fan of many other forms. I know im not going to be in a cage. So I'm more interested in attaining my blackbelt in JJ rather than some of this and some of that... Id wouldnt switch from my blackbelt teacher at my school to a school with kids my own age that teach that are only blue belts but do boxing as well. If I was doing MMA, of course things would be different.
madmarck
1/9/08 2:43:08PM

Posted by Kpro

I wanted to train Muay Thai and BJJ until I realized those were Elvis Sinosic's 2 specialties.

And Anderson Silva's.....................

I been Training BJJ for a while now not sure how long probably 6 months. There is no real great MMA schools around where i live so i plan on going straight BJJ.
thelastking
1/9/08 9:33:07PM
i am a poor university student so i only have enough money to train muay thai right now but when i get more money i will be training mma and jj,
richieb19
1/9/08 11:31:41PM
I've been doing Judo for over a year now, trained under some great people: Bill Thomson (top ranked in Canada), Keith Morgan (3 time Olympian), Brad Farrow (Hall of Famer, red and white belt)... and one of my former partners qualified for the Olympics in Greco.

I used to do Freestyle Wrestling in highcshcool...
Kracker_Jap
1/10/08 1:24:28AM
I started wrestling when I was 8.... Have 11 years total Free style, colegant, Greco roman.....

Had a promising college career but F'ed it up with fighting and Drugs

worse mistake in my life

Little amature boxing lots of bar fights.....

But hey now I'm a bad ass dad and still can hold my own

So it all worked out in the end... (THANK YOU JESUS)
slamdunk
1/11/08 6:17:22AM
muay thai 4 bout 7 months till my gym closed
roadking95th
1/13/08 4:00:46PM
I had about 15 years or so in folkstyle and 6 years in Greco and Freestyle. Nothing spectacular, very good regionally and only good state wise. I wish HS wrestling would convert to Freestyle.

Though, I prefer Greco
Kracker_Jap
1/13/08 4:45:47PM
While I was in HS they made a rule that you were responsable for your apponents fall.... it ruined me in Hs Matches

I had to much Freestlye and Greco throws and just could get away from using them was winnig many matches till being DQ'ed
bayonetxwork
1/13/08 5:59:22PM
been wrestling forever, switched off to training thai boxing, submission grappling, and MMA almost 3 years ago.
roadking95th
1/13/08 10:06:33PM

Posted by Kracker_Jap

While I was in HS they made a rule that you were responsable for your apponents fall.... it ruined me in Hs Matches

I had to much Freestlye and Greco throws and just could get away from using them was winnig many matches till being DQ'ed

Really? We've always had that rule in PA. Basically, you take your opponent off the mat then you are responsible for his/her safe return.

The reasons why I'd prefer Freestyle or Greco to folkstyle is that they are more exciting and MOST likely the better wrestler will win.
Underhook
1/14/08 9:06:30PM
ive done was amatuer kickboxing my record was 14-1-1 (9 KO's, 1 KO loss) having to end my short career after a bad injury, man i like to think i would do ok in mma if i tried but i think i would get sub'd even tho i love sprawl 'n brawl and my favorite ground moves are the keylock or triangle
slamdunk
1/15/08 9:06:58AM

Underhook ive done was amatuer kickboxing my record was 14-1-1 (9 KO's, 1 KO loss) having to end my short career after a bad injury, man i like to think i would do ok in mma if i tried but i think i would get sub'd even tho i love sprawl 'n brawl and my favorite ground moves are the keylock or triangle

wot was u injury
KeNn
1/15/08 11:12:41PM
Boxing 6 yrs, Wreslting 1 yr, Jiujitsu and Muay Thai 3-4months, MMA 4months.
cowcatcher
1/16/08 9:07:56AM

Posted by slamdunk

Underhook ive done was amatuer kickboxing my record was 14-1-1 (9 KO's, 1 KO loss) having to end my short career after a bad injury, man i like to think i would do ok in mma if i tried but i think i would get sub'd even tho i love sprawl 'n brawl and my favorite ground moves are the keylock or triangle

wot was u injury

diarrhea of the mouth