Is UFC 89 a ppv or will it be on spike???

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA Playground Game Talk » Is UFC 89 a ppv or will it be on spike???
Kracker_Jap
10/14/08 11:18:38AM
I'v been waiting for the answer to pop up but hav'nt seen it yet???

Props to the person smarter than me
Twenty20Dollars
10/14/08 11:24:50AM
Im singing F to the R to the E to the E on spike TV, come on everybody grab your friends and sing along.
grappler0000
10/14/08 11:26:56AM
Yep, it's free.

Proof
emfleek
10/14/08 11:27:37AM
You know, I hadn't even thought about it until last night. I just happened to stop on Spike last night when I was flipping through channels and saw a commercial for UFC 89 "Live and Free on Spike" and it damn near made me cry tears of happiness and joy. I've been having withdrawal symptoms lately.

Now I'm stoked. Free UFC = Happy Fleek
Twenty20Dollars
10/14/08 11:30:08AM
im suprised some of you guys did'nt know, i feel like i've known for quite awhile now.
emfleek
10/14/08 11:35:19AM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

im suprised some of you guys did'nt know, i feel like i've known for quite awhile now.

Well, to be honest with you, I get just about 99.9% of my MMA news from here (MMAPlayground) and it just seems like sometimes the threads all blend together. Once I saw the commercial, I immediately started questioning whether or not I read it on the Playground. There are cards up for like the next 6 UFC events and couldn't remember exactly which ones were on Pay-Per-View and which ones weren't.
Ordep
10/14/08 11:43:03AM
I'ts been out for a while.... now the real question is...

from that comercial when they say "LIVE and free" how true is that "_L I V E_" statement ? Because they still say it's 9pm ET

For the Playgrounders in England, is this going to be Live on Sentana(or Senata whatever) ? If so I'll find a streaming source cuz' I hate tape delays.
DCRage
10/14/08 12:19:15PM
Here's the deal:
In the US, it is FREE on Spike as a SAME-DAY TAPE at 9 PM ET. You almost certainly will be able to find some live streams starting at roughly 3 PM ET.

In England and Ireland, it will air LIVE at 8 PM local time on Setanta Sports.
MMAcca
10/14/08 2:17:45PM

Posted by DCRage

Here's the deal:
In the US, it is FREE on Spike as a SAME-DAY TAPE at 9 PM ET. You almost certainly will be able to find some live streams starting at roughly 3 PM ET.

In England and Ireland, it will air LIVE at 8 PM local time on Setanta Sports.

This man speaks the truth
aaa9erh8er
10/14/08 6:02:47PM
whats the sentaneta
DCRage
10/14/08 7:53:44PM
Setanta is a UK-based sports network.
casey64
10/14/08 8:00:37PM
Its free Kracker.
Kracker_Jap
10/15/08 12:54:22AM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Well, to be honest with you, I get just about 99.9% of my MMA news from here (MMAPlayground) and it just seems like sometimes the threads all blend together. Once I saw the commercial, I immediately started questioning whether or not I read it on the Playground. There are cards up for like the next 6 UFC events and couldn't remember exactly which ones were on Pay-Per-View and which ones weren't.

Me too
prozacnation1978
10/15/08 8:55:15AM
get off the mma websites around noon or you might see spoilers for the fights already
make sure your picks are in by about 8 am pacific time on sat
DCRage
10/15/08 9:00:22AM
The pick deadline for 89 is Saturday at 11:30 AM ET, 8:30 AM PT, 4:30 PM GMT (I think).
emfleek
10/15/08 10:53:37AM

Posted by prozacnation1978

get off the mma websites around noon or you might see spoilers for the fights already

Agreed. I made this mistake the last time the UFC was overseas for the Alves/Hughes fight @ UFC 85. I hopped online to check something and Yahoo Sports already had the headline of Alves beating Hughes. Pissed me off to no end.

I came pretty close to making a wager against some Chad at the bar that night, though. He was trying to get me to put $50 on Alves and he would take Hughes because "Hughes is the f'ing man!"

It was like I was Marty McFly and had the Almanac from the future.

BUT...I couldn't do it. The dude was a major tool and a major douche but I just couldn't force myself to do it. Looking back, I know I should've.

He was "that guy" who supposedly knows everything about MMA. You know, things like:

- Matt Hughes being one of the top BJJ guys in MMA (yes, he said that to me)
- Matt Hughes would destroy GSP if they fought a 4th time (he said that, too)
- GSP is overrated
- And lastly...every time someone would go for a guillotine or even be remotely close to lock one in, he'd yell, "It's over! REAR NAKED! REAR NAKED!"
Kracker_Jap
10/15/08 11:22:04AM
Thats funnt about betting some at the bar... I try and bet as many people as posible, just not big money I'm talkin lunch and more beer stuff like that
wrestler189
10/15/08 2:40:22PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by prozacnation1978

Agreed. I made this mistake the last time the UFC was overseas for the Alves/Hughes fight @ UFC 85. I hopped online to check something and Yahoo Sports already had the headline of Alves beating Hughes. Pissed me off to no end.

I came pretty close to making a wager against some Chad at the bar that night, though. He was trying to get me to put $50 on Alves and he would take Hughes because "Hughes is the f'ing man!"

It was like I was Marty McFly and had the Almanac from the future.

BUT...I couldn't do it. The dude was a major tool and a major douche but I just couldn't force myself to do it. Looking back, I know I should've.

He was "that guy" who supposedly knows everything about MMA. You know, things like:

- Matt Hughes being one of the top BJJ guys in MMA (yes, he said that to me)
- Matt Hughes would destroy GSP if they fought a 4th time (he said that, too)
- GSP is overrated
- And lastly...every time someone would go for a guillotine or even be remotely close to lock one in, he'd yell, "It's over! REAR NAKED! REAR NAKED!"

hilarious! I love peopel like that. I went to Hooters once for an event (bad mistake on my part) and when cheik Kongo was going for the kimura (or was it a keylock?) on marrerro he kept yelling "ARMBAR! ARMBAR! HES GETTING THE ARMBAR!" and all the people sitting around him kept asking him questions as if he were an expert on BJJ in mma or something.