Following PPV letdowns, champ Henderson hopes Diaz can help sell UFC on FOX 5

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Following PPV letdowns, champ Henderson hopes Diaz can help sell UFC on FOX 5
prophecy033
11/5/12 2:56:28PM
UFC lightweight champion Benson Henderson isn't one to hype a fight, but heading into the second defense of his title, he hopes his opponent will help sell it to the public.

"I don't think Nate Diaz is going to be a big talker and say a bunch of stuff, but it's nice to have something the media can latch onto," Henderson told MMAjunkie.com.

While Henderson's bottom line won't necessarily be affected by the number of viewers who watch the bout, he would like to increase his earning power

Link
BillsNewAccount
11/5/12 3:20:17PM
Nate, did a nice job hyping the Cerrone fight by knocking off his cowboy hat. Maybe Bendo should wear a big ass hat to the weigh ins.
Poor_Franklin
11/5/12 3:29:12PM

Posted by BillsNewAccount

Nate, did a nice job hyping the Cerrone fight by knocking off his cowboy hat. Maybe Bendo should wear a big ass hat to the weigh ins.

\

KNOCK IT OFF, NATE!!!!!! Let's hype this sucker up!!!!!
george112
11/5/12 3:32:54PM
What the hell is Benson talking about?? It's Nate Diaz

Imo he holds more drawing power then yourself
Budgellism
11/5/12 4:14:27PM
I can't wait to see Nate do his thing again. He's always been really exciting to watch and even more so since his return to Lightweight. I'm picking Nate to win and I really hope I'm right.
pmoney
11/5/12 5:08:34PM

Posted by Budgellism

I can't wait to see Nate do his thing again. He's always been really exciting to watch and even more so since his return to Lightweight. I'm picking Nate to win and I really hope I'm right.

So much win right here! My sentiments exactly.

As for Benson, I liked him a lot more before I followed him on twitter. I had to unfollow him with a quickness, dude was annoying as fuck. I don't know if he can become a super big draw, but for his sake and the UFC, I hope he does.
ghandikush
11/5/12 7:58:39PM

Posted by pmoney

Posted by Budgellism

So much win right here! My sentiments exactly.

As for Benson, I liked him a lot more before I followed him on twitter. I had to unfollow him with a quickness, dude was annoying as fuck. I don't know if he can become a super big draw, but for his sake and the UFC, I hope he does.

I always found him to have that oh so rare exciting grappling. Like Carlos Newton back in the day. I guess I'm gonna have to look at his twitter.
Biggavelli
11/6/12 12:35:53AM
I can't wait for UFC on FOX 5, it's gonna be sick
BigBadAl
11/6/12 8:35:01AM

Posted by Budgellism