ufc ppv dilemma

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » ufc ppv dilemma
prozacnation1978
7/23/12 7:50:33PM
This year has been probably the worst in ppv fights

I gotta say injuries and too many damm cards are watering down the event

Give free cards to increase fans. I get it. But Shit its 2012 if you have never heard of Ufc then maybe you shouldn't be a fan cause the hardcore fans are suffering cause of it. The fans who pay a Shit load of money for a seat to a event to see nothing but humpfests .

I honestly would pay for more pay per views in 2013 and take less free cards if each ppv is a stacked main card and prelims. I say keep the fx and fox. Get rid of fuel tv cards. Have it way it was. A fight night card every 2 months. Add the 4 fox events as numbered events as free ppv cards.

Also for your money add a 13th fight to each card and add a 6th ppv fight to the main card.

Title fights are main events
Co main are number 1 contender matches from same weight class as main event title fight
So if anyone gets injured or out like

Ufc 146 did with reem. Mir jumped right in
Cruz out. Barao in. Get it !!
Chael_Sonnen
7/23/12 8:21:04PM
So, what if one or both of the freebies are snoozers.....then what.....more complaining from consumers like you.......certain people cannot be satisfied, they always find something to complain about. Lets say the freebie has a hump fest for 85% of the fight card, and the ppv that cost $54.99 has 5 excellent fights...then what. You can't script MMA fights, only WWE matches.

Some fights are great, some are mediocre, so what, deal with it......
grappler0000
7/23/12 8:31:08PM

Posted by prozacnation1978

I say keep the fx and fox. Get rid of fuel tv cards.

It would be nice, but I don't see it happening. The UFC/Fox deal has a lot of give and take. While Fox is really generous in certain areas, part of the reason Fox wanted to partner with the UFC was to build Fuel TV. It's their youngest network and I believe was the lowest ranked cable network prior to the UFC deal. It's not in a tremendous number of homes, relative to channels like Spike and FX. That's what pisses fans off the most...nobody seems to have that damn Fuel channel. Being one of the homes to UFC means that more homes will have Fuel TV sooner than later, as a result. It didn't take long for the UFC to start breaking Fuel records (not all too impressive) and turned them into the fastest growing cable network earlier this spring. Fuel TV is the sacrifice for getting the otherwise right deal signed. On a deal that big, there's always a catch...and that was it. I think once they expand to more homes, they'll eventually keep all of the media/shows on Fuel and the fights on the bigger networks/PPV. By the time that happens though, everyone will already have the channel, so it will no longer be a solution to the problem.
warglory
7/23/12 9:25:16PM
Like any card, you can't just assume it's going to be good, and be a loyal ppv buyer for the sake of buying a ppv. Check out the card and see if the fights are worth investing money in, it's that simple. If it turns out the card was good, catch a replay of the event, pretty straight forward.

There's nothing we can do about it as consumers, and there's not much the UFC can do about it as an organization, considering we all know they are damn good at putting on the best fights they possibly can.
FastKnockout
7/23/12 9:43:21PM
I find that for me the free events are more exciting than the PPVs most of the time.
FlashyG
7/23/12 11:04:05PM
I think the UFC needs to choose one way or another which model they want to follow.

Trying to do both waters down both products too much for it to continue much longer without repercussions in the form of fewer buys and lower ratings.

Personally I think they should take a shot at going with less PPV's and more free to air. They'd no longer have to fight streaming with the same force, they could use their better fighters to improve ratings and expand the fan base further.

I don't see how they can possibly grow as an entity using only PPV's to do it. I used to buy them every month but now they are so frequent that I find my rate of purchase vs streaming is around 50-50.
frizzzlecake
7/24/12 12:25:49AM
I wouldn't mind more Events on Fox, Hell this up coming Fox card is awesome!
tcunningham
7/24/12 12:29:46AM
i would be ok if they went back to having one PPV view a month and less free ones. i know it sounds weird, but with less cards they can put together bigger and better cards. i personally get tired of paying for 2 PPV's a month when most all of those fights could have been put on one card. its getting to expensive for me and lately i have found myself deciding to not rent the PPV's because they seem like they may not be worth the $'s. i'll take less fights for a bigger card. either that or make a stronger move towards being exclusively on fox kind of like the other sports i.e. football, baseball, basketball, etc.
DrivenDavies15
7/24/12 2:17:37AM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

So, what if one or both of the freebies are snoozers.....then what.....more complaining from consumers like you.......certain people cannot be satisfied, they always find something to complain about. Lets say the freebie has a hump fest for 85% of the fight card, and the ppv that cost $54.99 has 5 excellent fights...then what. You can't script MMA fights, only WWE matches.

THIS.
prozacnation1978
7/25/12 9:45:26AM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

I can care less about freebie cards being Shit cards my money ain't involved in it
hymiekooken
7/25/12 10:17:30PM
I look for more free cards in the near future, as the UFC increases the number of fighters on the roster, and with the weight classes added in the recent past. They cant possibly run ppv more often than they do now, more often than not every few weeks. The casual fan, like me, has to choose which ones they want to shell out 55 bucks for, and even if the card looks stacked, you never know. I did not order 149 as I didnt think it was worth not waiting 12 hours or so to see what happened, the upcoming card on fox looks like it has better fights.
fonduktoe
7/28/12 5:03:27AM
ur right. we should have less events and have the fights scripted for maximum entertainment value. i think theres a pseudo-sport that already does this but i cant for the life of me think of the name (pro-wrestling). i'm always amazed by fight fans that bitch about too many cards...especially when a good percentage of them are free. and as for the "humpfests" that i also abhorr...they had those back in the old 1 event per month days too. i've paid a shitload of money to watch potentially shitty fights live and i will continue to do so because theres always a chance i'll see something amazing.