Will there be a pound for pound shift on April 10th in Abu Dhabi?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Will there be a pound for pound shift on April 10th in Abu Dhabi?
DaveGee
3/16/10 2:48:55PM
Following UFC 111- St. Pierre vs Hardy, another SUPER CARD is set to take place at UFC 112. What are the chances that the current p4p rankings will be shaken up and a new pecking order will be revealed?

The current appointments by sherdog.com are as follows:

1.) Anderson Silva
2.) Georges St. Pierre
3.) Fedor Emelianenko
4.) Lyoto Machida
5.) BJ Penn

Who will have the number one slot after April 10th?

I am all geared up and ready to go for UFC 112. I am fortunate enough to be in Abu Dhabi for the best card of 2010 and can’t wait to witness a piece of MMA history.

Also, thank you fellow fight fans for helping this sport grow to what it is today.
BeeR
3/16/10 3:04:06PM
Frankie Edgar
State_Champ
3/16/10 3:05:17PM
I think it will still be Anderson Silva probably at #1...
Also, I think BJ Penn should be ranked higher.
Pookie
3/16/10 3:10:56PM
Unless Penn of Silva loses, i think everyone's already got their mind made up.
tepid55
3/16/10 3:38:10PM
I don't think the rankings will change much, if at all.
NatedawgThaM
3/16/10 5:16:21PM
I think after it's all said and done, come summer the only person leaving would probably be Machida, but that's even a BIG if. Because that fight with Shogun is gonna be crazy, I don't know who to pick. Maybe Hardy can get lucky against GSP like serra and land a perfect punch and Maybe Edgar's short size and speed might give BJ a little trouble but BJ should be able overcome it and win eventually and GSP will probably be handing out a beatdown. I don't think Anderson will have a problem with maia. And fedor's fedor. He'll beat any Heavyweight in strikeforce besides maybe if Allistair could catch him, but he won't fight fedor before summer.

gartface
3/16/10 5:56:29PM

Posted by NatedawgThaM
Maybe Edgar's short size and speed might give BJ a little trouble

Sean Sherk...

I don't really see them changing much either. I'd like to see Hardy beat GSP, but I think unless Georges comes in with a terrible game plan, he'll walk away with a decision. Machida I think will outlast Shogun, and Anderson should walk through Maia.
Boo_Radley21
3/16/10 11:37:20PM
The only thing I see changing is if BJ puts on another impressive performance and completely outclasses Edgar he would get put passed Machida.

EDIT: Even though he already should be ahead of Machida in my opinion.
shotokansun
3/21/10 11:54:01AM
My guess is that if there is any change at all it will come in the form of Penn moving ahead of Machida. I can see Penn putting on a hurting on Edgar, and Machida will certainly have his hands full with Shogun. Clearly if Machida loses the rankings will probably change, but even a dominating win by BJ and a less than stellar win from Machida could move things around a little bit.
prozacnation1978
3/21/10 12:41:15PM
Those are my top 5 as well
Question is who loses first out of all them??
Can't wait to great pay per views back to back
Double title events
Out of all 3 champions I bet all three will win
Only one I am worried about it gsp vs hardy
Hardy 4-0 in ufc. Never been rocked or in trouble
Never been knocked out. He is a tough guy
I do smell upset. I don't care much for him but I do
Respect him a lot. That fight will have me on the edge
Of my seat
DaveGee
3/21/10 3:55:02PM
@prozac

Yeah man. Upset indeed.

More importantly. Vera Jones tonight. Fight of the year for sure. Vera is the most underrated player in the game. I think he is a bad mofo that has had some clever opposition. His Thai Boxe is Krispie Kreme and has fought the who's who in the HW division. I expect Jonny Bones to be knocked off his pedestal.

your thoughts fellow fans?

Gogoplatapus
3/21/10 4:24:57PM
p4p is pointless.
State_Champ
3/21/10 4:49:16PM

Posted by prozacnation1978

Those are my top 5 as well
Question is who loses first out of all them??
Can't wait to great pay per views back to back
Double title events
Out of all 3 champions I bet all three will win
Only one I am worried about it gsp vs hardy
Hardy 4-0 in ufc. Never been rocked or in trouble
Never been knocked out. He is a tough guy
I do smell upset. I don't care much for him but I do
Respect him a lot. That fight will have me on the edge
Of my seat

I don't think the "who loses first?" is the only question that determines fighters' ranking in the p4p list. I think, as some have mentioned, that how well/convincingly a fighter fights against their opponent also has an affect on where they rank.

But I agree, all 3 champs should retain their titles through UFC 112