Pound for Pound rankings

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Pound for Pound rankings
« Previous Page
Manfred
2/4/07 5:56:56AM
Why does everyone put Chuck on the list????? He has not fought a decent stiker since Rampage. He keeps being fed grapplers with predictable results.

Fedor
Shogun
GSP
BJ Penn (Cardio could put him closer to the top)
Wandy/A. Silva/Gomi
madmarck
2/4/07 10:07:21AM
1)GSP
2)Fedor
3)Gomi
4)Cro Cop
5)Chuck
GladE8R
2/4/07 3:18:54PM

Posted by Manfred

Why does everyone put Chuck on the list????? He has not fought a decent stiker since Rampage. He keeps being fed grapplers with predictable results.

Fedor
Shogun
GSP
Wandy/A. Silva/Gomi

Because Chuck is a devastating striker with a sick sprawl. I suppose you think Wandy and his run forward windmill style would do well against a precision power counter puncher like Chuck? If you do you arent alone, but I disagree.

Why would you put BJ Penn on that list? How is Shogun above Wandy? How is Cro Cop not on that list?

No disrespect whatsover, but I could argue Gomi, Cro Cop, and Liddell over any of your guys 2-5
Manfred
2/5/07 1:30:39AM

Posted by GladE8R

Posted by Manfred

Fedor
Shogun
GSP
Wandy/A. Silva/Gomi

Because Chuck is a devastating striker with a sick sprawl. I suppose you think Wandy and his run forward windmill style would do well against a precision power counter puncher like Chuck? If you do you arent alone, but I disagree.

Why would you put BJ Penn on that list? How is Shogun above Wandy? How is Cro Cop not on that list?

No disrespect whatsover, but I could argue Gomi, Cro Cop, and Liddell over any of your guys 2-5

To me P4P means also the most well rounded:

That's why I didn't include CC or Chuck. They are great fighters and top 3 in there div, but that doesn't make them well-rounded.

BJ was dominating GSP until his cardio gave out and was dominating Hughes until he hurt his ribs. Has fought from 155 - HW.

I think Shogun is better than Wandy and if they had a falling out and fought, he'd win.

As far as the great Wandy/Chuck debate, no one will ever know until/unless they fight. But I think Wandy's BJJ BB gives him the edge and until Chuck beats a striker worth a damn, I won't be convinced of his superiority.
god_complx
3/18/07 2:17:12AM
how can anyone rank fedor as the best pound for pound? the point of this is if 2 fighters were able to weigh the same who would win, fedor is afraid to fight top talent, as he just avoided bigfoot, to fight Lindland. Give me a break he is 30pounds lighter. Someone says Gomi isnt ranked because his ground game isnt very good, hmmm, Fedors is great right. SOmeone says Chuck doesnt desrve to be there, he will probably hold both titles in the UFC soon. As for GSP he is probably one of the 2 best fighters in the world right now, he and dan henderson. As for Brandon Vera, he would have dismantled Sylvia, and is probably best suited to fight Chuck and Mirko.
GSP, Henderson, Penn, Liddell,Joachim Hansen, Franca, Mirko, Couture, Bigfoot, Gomi.
ronco_loid
3/18/07 3:17:32AM
1. Chuck
2. Fedor
3. Cro Cop
4. Anderson Silva
5. GSP
nellyhiphophead
3/18/07 4:11:36AM

Posted by ronco_loid

1. Chuck
2. Fedor
3. Cro Cop
4. Anderson Silva
5. GSP

ok first no way anderson is befor gsp if gsp was another 15 p's he would kill anderson i still think right now gsp could take anderson.
ronco_loid
3/18/07 12:02:18PM
I'm just not a big fan of GSP.
Jeffanori-Gomi
3/18/07 5:15:16PM

Posted by ronco_loid

wierd
god_complx
3/18/07 8:16:07PM
weird lol , but ya i guess it is so weird that hey doesnt like gsp it is wierd!!!!
I understand it is tough to not be a fan of a talented, classy, and all around nice guy.
nellyhiphophead
3/19/07 12:59:43PM

Posted by god_complx

weird lol , but ya i guess it is so weird that hey doesnt like gsp it is wierd!!!!
I understand it is tough to not be a fan of a talented, classy, and all around nice guy.

you must be from canada too. we all love are gsp up here. what part are you from up here? i'm out of nelson b.c.
chentay2112
3/19/07 1:48:47PM
1 Fedor Emelianenko

2 Mirko Filipovic (crocop)

3 Chuck Liddell

4 Takanori Gomi

5 Randy Couture

this is my top 5 PFP fighters
it was a close call between WANDI, COUTURE and GSP but i had to go for COUTURE because of the SYLVIA fight
madmarck
3/19/07 1:51:35PM

Posted by chentay2112

1 Fedor Emelianenko

2 Mirko Filipovic (crocop)

3 Chuck Liddell

4 Takanori Gomi

5 Randy Couture

this is my top 5 PFP fighters
it was a close call between WANDI, COUTURE and GSP but i had to go for COUTURE because of the SYLVIA fight

You didnt include Dan Henderson? you took Wand over Hendo.

GSP in over Gomi any day. GSP got way mroe strngth, skill, stamina, and heart than him anyday.
chentay2112
3/19/07 2:24:33PM
i took wandi over HEN because of how impressive he's been in pride for so long... good points about GSP though and IMO if he carries on the way he's going he will be topping that list before long
loller90278
3/19/07 3:05:04PM
1. Fedor
2. Bj Penn
3. Gsp
4. Dan Henderson
5. Mirko Filipovich

(#4 and #5 can be switched around)
hathcock32
3/19/07 9:06:35PM
Im sorry bout IMO Takanori Gomi...doesent deserve..even mention of being on this list. Gomi IMO is the most overrated fighter in the game. Im not bashing him at all....hes solid....but IMO if Gomi fights 155 ...lots of guys beat him....if he fights 170....he gets killed....that is if he was in the UFC....and him and Sakurai didnt get favored...just my opinion though.
loller90278
3/19/07 9:13:03PM
how is he overrated? he beat every contender to the belt including:

mishima
hansen
ralph gracie
krazy horse
jens pulver
luiz azeredo
kawajiri
mach
aurelio
ishida

any one of those guys (sans krazy horse and aurelio) could easily be the champ.

tyo
3/20/07 11:25:03PM
jason thacker
giant silva
the broklyn brawler
mike goldberg
warpath
Jeffanori-Gomi
3/21/07 1:06:48PM

Posted by hathcock32

Im sorry bout IMO Takanori Gomi...doesent deserve..even mention of being on this list. Gomi IMO is the most overrated fighter in the game. Im not bashing him at all....hes solid....but IMO if Gomi fights 155 ...lots of guys beat him....if he fights 170....he gets killed....that is if he was in the UFC....and him and Sakurai didnt get favored...just my opinion though.

mishima
hansen
ralph gracie
krazy horse
jens pulver
luiz azeredo
kawajiri
mach
aurelio
ishida

Hathcock clearly favors UFC over pride, thats why he thinks Gomi is overrated.

I think Gomi is overrated because anyone with a good gameplan to get the fight to the ground is capable of beating Gomi.

For Gomi to stay competitive hes really got to work on his ground game.
hathcock32
3/21/07 3:40:39PM

Posted by Jeffanori-Gomi

Posted by hathcock32

mishima
hansen
ralph gracie
krazy horse
jens pulver
luiz azeredo
kawajiri
mach
aurelio
ishida

Hathcock clearly favors UFC over pride, thats why he thinks Gomi is overrated.

I think Gomi is overrated because anyone with a good gameplan to get the fight to the ground is capable of beating Gomi.

For Gomi to stay competitive hes really got to work on his ground game.

No im just interested to see what he would do agianst the guys in the WW division of the UFC....IMO he loses to GSP, Hughes, Diego, Koscheck, ...What weight class would he fight in if Pride had the same weight classes. Its just that they favor the weight division for him. He is a good fighter...but he is no champ IMO
Jeffanori-Gomi
3/22/07 2:22:56PM
Ohh yea, Gomi would get destroyed by GSP, Penn, and most top WW IMO. Because he doesnt want to evlolve his game. I think Sherk would pound him out too. But I dont thin hes overrated, just protected and arrogant.
loller90278
3/22/07 2:31:50PM
i honestly think the only person that could DOMINATE him would be GSP. matt hughes could have back in his day, but his fight against lytle wasn't that impressive to me, he tried one or two submissions in 15 minutes.. it was basically all LnP. gomi vs penn II would be interesting and i'd like to see it seeing how gomi got his ass handed to him (it will all depend on bjs training) and i think gomi wins over sherk.. he's done good against strong wrestlers
iwannabesedated
3/27/07 9:16:31PM

Posted by ronco_loid

im not a fan either....and id have the greatest time of my life laughing if matt serra beats st.Pierre........im not weird...theres just some fighters i always want to see lose...and st pierre is one of them...he is an elite fighter and obviously the best in his weight class.......only canadians i like have the last names of crosby lemuiex.recchi.staal.bay.
floridamma
3/28/07 4:25:17AM
1. fedor
2. georges st pierre
3. shogun
4. rodrigo nogueira
5. anderson silva
assailant28
2/2/08 3:57:09PM
Are you a true fan??? How on Earth did you come up with this list? Are these just your favorite fighters, because your ignorance is upsetting me? First off all rankings systems right now are flawed. It's as simple as that. Fedor doesn't fight the best of the best. He fights tuna cans. He most certainly does not deserve to be in the #1 spot for sure. Maybe the #3 spot at best. Ummm, where is Randy Couture on the list? How about B.J. Penn? Oh, what happened to GSP and of course Anderson Silva? You think Chuck Liddell is better than Anderson Silva? No way! Silva is way more dangerous. And Takanori Gomi? Didn't he lose to Nick Diaz? (yeah, it was over turned but marijiuana didn't help Nick win that fight) and that isn't a dis on Diaz because he is exciting to watch....Now Big Nog does deserve to be on the list, but not at the #3 slot, let's say down toward #5/6ish. Wanderlei isn't worth putting on there since there is far better talent than him anymore.

My list would look more like this:

Randy Couture
Anderson Silva
Fedor Emelianenko
GSP
B.J. Penn

Let me know what you think.
mkiv9secsupra
2/2/08 5:12:51PM

Posted by assailant28

Are you a true fan??? How on Earth did you come up with this list? Are these just your favorite fighters, because your ignorance is upsetting me? First off all rankings systems right now are flawed. It's as simple as that. Fedor doesn't fight the best of the best. He fights tuna cans. He most certainly does not deserve to be in the #1 spot for sure. Maybe the #3 spot at best. Ummm, where is Randy Couture on the list? How about B.J. Penn? Oh, what happened to GSP and of course Anderson Silva? You think Chuck Liddell is better than Anderson Silva? No way! Silva is way more dangerous. And Takanori Gomi? Didn't he lose to Nick Diaz? (yeah, it was over turned but marijiuana didn't help Nick win that fight) and that isn't a dis on Diaz because he is exciting to watch....Now Big Nog does deserve to be on the list, but not at the #3 slot, let's say down toward #5/6ish. Wanderlei isn't worth putting on there since there is far better talent than him anymore.

My list would look more like this:

Randy Couture
Anderson Silva
Fedor Emelianenko
GSP
B.J. Penn

wow.........just wow.........LOOK AT THE DATE OF THE ORIGINAL POST! obviously you are TRYING to find crap to bitch about.
KeNn
2/3/08 12:44:51AM
1. Wandy
2. Leben
3.Chuky
4. Nog
5. Shogun
jiujitsufreak74
2/3/08 3:44:38AM

Posted by assailant28

Randy Couture
Anderson Silva
Fedor Emelianenko
GSP
B.J. Penn

how you can have randy above fedor is beyond me. you criticized other's picks yet you have couture above every other fighter, there is no good reason to have him ranked higher than fedor other than the fact that he is one of your favorite fighters. he has beaten 2 people since his return, one of which is now on a two fight losing streak. fedor has beaten pretty much everyone in the top 10 at HW and to have randy above him is just wrong to do imo. everything else looks good though, mine are:

1) Silva
2) GSP
3) Fedor
4)Rampage
5) BJ
Pages: 1 2 [3]