Pound for Pound of pay Per Views

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Pound for Pound of pay Per Views
casketcoin
2/1/10 11:45:55PM
Being that UFC likes to compete with other MMA orginizations the same night they have events would it be a smart move to compete with Boxing if it was the same night as the biggest boxing match in history Manny Pacquiao v.s. Floyd Mayweather. The only way to do it would have to be Georges St. Pierre vs Anderson Silva. I myself would support MMA and watch the UFC event but would definately watch Floyd/ Manny under different circumstances. If Dana and the UFC actually went through with this I think their only chance of competing would be to throw one more HUGE fight on the same card...... So if these two cards were on at the same night which would you watch live?

Pretty Boy Floyd Mayweather v.s. Manny Pacquiao

or

Fedor Emelianenko vs Brock Lesnar
Anderson "the Spider" Silva v.s. Georges "Rush" St. Pierre
jae_1833
2/2/10 12:20:15AM
To be honest I don't think Fedor's name is large enough for that night....he's just not known to the common UFC fan. I bet Forrest Griffin would bring in more numbers to be brutally honest.

So for that Night I would do:

A. Silva vs GSP
Brock vs Mir 3
Lidell vs Griffin
Machida vs Shogun 2
Rampage vs Rashad

for my 5 viewed fights.
karn501
2/2/10 12:44:14AM
I'd wath them both at the same time baby
tcunningham
2/2/10 1:07:10AM
after watching so much MMA i just cant get into boxing anymore. i would watch any UFC card over boxing to be honest. ill read about the boxing match online after it happens.
grappler0000
2/2/10 1:12:05AM
I'd watch any decent MMA event over Floyd/Manny. But the reality is that fight will beat any PPV that the UFC could put together, of coarse assuming both win their next fights first. Also, the UFC would never put a PPV up against that fight.
LotusLoo
2/2/10 1:26:51AM
I think that in general boxing fans and mma fans are two separate groups. Sure, there are those that like both sports equally - there's always exceptions. BUT I don't know that it would really matter in the large numbers if those PPVs were the same night nor if an extra big name was added to the mma cards.

I think for the most part, the fans are just separate and have their favorite between boxing and mma, and will buy into their favorite no matter the competition. All the mma fans I know dislike boxing as it (arguably I suppose) is not as complex as boxing. And all the boxing fans I know... ooohhh, yeah I don't know any. lol
seanfu
2/2/10 6:33:01AM
Honestly, MMA is just the far superior sport right now period, because there are so few weight classes, and the overall talent is MUCH higher.

If boxing wasn't as easy to politically maneuver through then it would stand a chance.

And honestly, if boxing had as many real fighters who were hungry then it would be the superior sport by far. People like simplicity, and nothing quite compares to two guys going out and warring for 12 rounds.

But even Manny vs Mayweather isn't exactly stellar compared to the 60's-80's of boxing.

And MMA is in it's peak right now, at least by my guess.
gsp69
2/2/10 7:54:44AM
id watch mma card live, regardless of the fights!! then watch the repeat of paquiao vs mayweather! but 2 b honest ther isnt many boxing fights that i would even watch anymor! its just not the same now!!

MMA IS THE WAY FORWARD!!!

mrsmiley
2/2/10 2:59:44PM

Posted by casketcoin

Being that UFC likes to compete with other MMA orginizations the same night they have events would it be a smart move to compete with Boxing if it was the same night as the biggest boxing match in history Manny Pacquiao v.s. Floyd Mayweather. The only way to do it would have to be Georges St. Pierre vs Anderson Silva. I myself would support MMA and watch the UFC event but would definately watch Floyd/ Manny under different circumstances. If Dana and the UFC actually went through with this I think their only chance of competing would be to throw one more HUGE fight on the same card...... So if these two cards were on at the same night which would you watch live?

Pretty Boy Floyd Mayweather v.s. Manny Pacquiao

or

Fedor Emelianenko vs Brock Lesnar
Anderson "the Spider" Silva v.s. Georges "Rush" St. Pierre

If the UFC wanted to compete with Mayweather vs Pacquiao I think they could do rather well. Just put these names on the card:

1.Kimbo Slice ( I hate to say in some respects,but the dude is a draw!)

2. Chuck Liddell (One of the biggest names in MMA)

3.Tito ( Yes,yes,it's Tito.But he's still a huge name and a big draw)

4.Couture

5. GSP

6.James Toney (yeah I know it could be a freakshow,but hell put him up against anyone and people are gonna watch it. )

Those 6 names on a card alone,regardless of who they fight would draw attention.
I think the UFC should compete against a big boxing match like that to show their not affraid to do it,and to prove they can suck out some vitality from the biggest fight in boxing with just a mediocore UFC card.
marcoDGK
2/2/10 4:36:04PM
everyone is saying they would watch a decent UFC event over Floyd Mayweather v.s. Manny Pacquiao but...

That is such a big freaking fight. It's one that will go down in the history books. I would watch that over a UFC event or watch both at the same time but that fight is just going to be legendary if it were to happen.
cloud301336
2/2/10 4:49:33PM

Posted by marcoDGK

everyone is saying they would watch a decent UFC event over Floyd Mayweather v.s. Manny Pacquiao but...

That is such a big freaking fight. It's one that will go down in the history books. I would watch that over a UFC event or watch both at the same time but that fight is just going to be legendary if it were to happen.

as much as i love MMA i would love it more to see Pac-man knock Floyd
marcoDGK
2/2/10 6:24:22PM

Posted by cloud301336

Posted by marcoDGK

as much as i love MMA i would love it more to see Pac-man knock Floyd

Ooh, that would be too sweet! we all know if that happened Floyd would have a laundry list of excuses.
jae_1833
2/3/10 12:55:30AM

Posted by cloud301336

Posted by marcoDGK

The Blasphemy!!!