Potential TUF Coaches. Who would you like to see?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Potential TUF Coaches. Who would you like to see?
emfleek
9/17/10 9:52:51AM
Let's put title aspirations aside. Which two fighters do you think would be the most entertaining to watch as coaches on The Ultimate Fighter?

I think the most entertaining TUF season of all-time would take place if Chael Sonnen were to move up a weight class.

Team Sonnen vs. Team Rampage

Instant classic.

Who else would make for a great TUF season?
Jackelope
9/17/10 10:15:33AM
I don't know if Rampage would be able to hold back like he did with Evans, lol. He'd probably punch Sonnen upside his head. Beat the brakes off that boy, if you will.

What about Team Koscheck vs. Team Hardy?
gartface
9/17/10 10:18:40AM
Team Parisyan vs. Team Diaz

Edit: Simply for sensationalism. I know Parisyan would be a terrible coach due to his own lack of self discipline.
emfleek
9/17/10 10:22:16AM

Posted by Jackelope

What about Team Koscheck vs. Team Hardy?

That would be great, too.
gartface
9/17/10 10:26:50AM
Lesnar vs. Dos Santos
FlashyG
9/17/10 10:35:17AM
Chael Sonnen vs anybody would be great for TUF.

He's set a new standard for trash talking, IMO its all an act to draw more interest to him but you can't say its not working.
emfleek
9/17/10 10:55:08AM
Team Lesnar vs. Team Mir

gartface
9/17/10 11:04:41AM

Posted by emfleek

Team Lesnar vs. Team Mir

That would be the most uncomfortable season to date.
emfleek
9/17/10 11:05:17AM

Posted by gartface

Posted by emfleek

Team Lesnar vs. Team Mir

That would be the most uncomfortable season to date.

Agreed. It would be awesome. Something would get broken in every episode.
FlashyG
9/17/10 11:09:07AM
Given their history Fleek theres a very strong chance that something would be Mirs face.
emfleek
9/17/10 11:22:05AM

Posted by FlashyG

Given their history Fleek theres a very strong chance that something would be Mirs face.

Please Dana, make this happen!!!

gartface
9/17/10 11:22:17AM

Posted by FlashyG

For the third time!
Twenty20Dollars
9/17/10 1:01:46PM
No sonnen or mir, I cannot stand them.

I think Nate The Great would be a good coach and maybe Wandy oppose him.

Jon finch & shields

bj & hughes would be cool if they werent fighting already

kenny florian(as long as we didnt have to hear keith) & sherk

or stevenson & sherk
emfleek
9/17/10 1:19:32PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

No sonnen or mir, I cannot stand them.

I think Nate The Great would be a good coach and maybe Wandy oppose him.

Jon finch & shields

bj & hughes would be cool if they werent fighting already

kenny florian(as long as we didnt have to hear keith) & sherk

or stevenson & sherk

Though I have no doubt that all of those guys would be good coaches, I just don't think they would provide any entertainment (to me, at least) in the form of trash talk or banter. Outside of a potential BJ/Hughes season, I think they'd all draw fewer viewers than any other TUF ever has.

Fitch, Marquardt, Sherk, Stevenson...I think I would fall asleep watching TUF if they were coaches.
FlashyG
9/17/10 1:29:28PM
I feel the same way Fleek, although I'd put Hughes in that boring category as well.

I'd like to see actual coaches doing the coaching to be honest though, maybe even turn the show into a fight camp vs fight camp thing.

It would be pretty awesome to see all the top camps assemble a team of 1 fighter per weight class and have them compete against other camps in a tournament similar to what the IFL was doing.

I'd rather see what an actual training camp works like, and I'd rather have coaches like Greg Jackson and Cesar Gracie providing gameplans and strategies for upcoming fights.

Instead we get bad practical jokes and a bunch of kids coming up with gimmicks to get themselves TV time.
emfleek
9/17/10 1:33:20PM

Posted by FlashyG

I feel the same way Fleek, although I'd put Hughes in that boring category as well.

I agree, for the most part, about Hughes. I just think he'd be a draw for viewers unlike most of the other guys Twenty listed.

gartface
9/17/10 2:03:10PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by FlashyG

I agree, for the most part, about Hughes. I just think he'd be a draw for viewers unlike most of the other guys Twenty listed.

I loved the Serra vs. Hughes season, just due to my hatred of Matt Hughes and my love of Serra.(which grew a lot during that season)
tcunningham
9/17/10 3:26:55PM
ive been waiting for team USA vs team Brazil. there is a sh!tload of good Brazilian fighter out there and yet we rarely see them on TUF. i dont like Brazil, im as patriotic as it gets but i still think that it would be an awesome idea.
aristipe
9/17/10 3:49:48PM
If the brazilians can't speak proper english than it wouldn't work.
jae_1833
9/17/10 5:00:52PM
If you could deal with subtitles (which I can) then Team Brazil vs Team Japan and Team Canada vs Team UK could both work out really well.
postman
9/17/10 8:24:25PM
If only the world knew who Antoinio McKee is. He would be awesome. Rampage King Mo would be great too.
Twenty20Dollars
9/17/10 9:40:29PM
Yeah those guys would be good coaches and decent fights but i guess it is still tv and they need their ratings.

So their looking for fueds or character type guys, or good guy vs bad guy.

Oh wait I know you would all love to see Diego as a coach
prozacnation1978
9/17/10 10:32:40PM
Given results. Loser of. Silva vs sonnen. Vs team bisping

Or probably. Penn vs serra

Last guess. Wandy. Vs. Leban or marquadt. For next title shot

Rumor has leban fighting at ufc 125. New years eve

No opponent yet. But my money is marquadt.
DosBox
9/18/10 12:42:04AM
So you mean, what would be better for ratings?

Brock / Mir. And I do not think anything else comes close.

Sonnen / Bisping would be pretty good.
If Wanderlei was still at LHW, Wanderlei/ Rampage would have been interesting as well (assuming that they never had their UFC fight to that point)..

But for just shear entertainment/ratings boost... Brock/Mir.

trevail
9/19/10 1:07:38AM
I'd love to see Brazil v USA themed season, preferably at LW or WW coached by Chael Sonnen and Wanderlei Silva. True the "coach fight" aspect might ot be the best matchup stylistically but I think both men's aggressiveness and competitiveness would shine through their fighters and make for some great fights. Not to mention, Sonnen's insane verbal diarea would be highly entertaining each week.
kaduey
9/24/10 9:05:36AM

Posted by jae_1833

If you could deal with subtitles (which I can) then Team Brazil vs Team Japan and Team Canada vs Team UK could both work out really well.

You need subtitles for Canada vs. UK?
FastKnockout
9/24/10 10:18:13PM
Heavyweight:

Crocop .vs. Barry (Entertainment)
Lesnar .vs. Nelson (Entertainment)

Light Heavyweight:

Bader .vs. Jones (Interesting coaching styles/Contender match)
Liddell .vs. Griffin (Coach .vs. Student)

Middleweight:

Sonnen .vs. Wanderlei Silva (Heated season/Negative emotions)
Leben .vs Belcher (Entertainment)

Welterweight:

Swick .vs. Hardy (Interesting rematch/US .vs. UK)
Anthony Johnson .vs. Alves (Two biggest Welterweight strikers)

Lightweight:

Penn .vs. Sanchez (Interesting coaching styles)
Edgar .vs. Griffin (Two smallest Lightweights)

Special WEC season:

Aldo .vs Faber! (REMATCH!)
billfold9
9/25/10 3:26:25AM
Lesnar and Mir is a easy #1 but tht wont happen because mir has no chance in a cage against lesnar anymore, and d coaches gotta fight after d show.
billfold9
9/25/10 3:29:14AM
other good 1s are Carwin vs Velasquez and Alves vs Hardy.
tmas
9/26/10 1:55:58AM
real talk i say Forrest v Steph!.