Potential LH matchups through 08

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Potential LH matchups through 08
JackHammerXXX
7/14/08 3:59:10PM
Read something about Thiago vs. Lyoto in Oct. Nov., Soko vs. Shogun Oct.-Jan., Wandy vs. Rampage III in Dec. along with Forrest vs. Chuck (assuming he doesn't lose)???
How do we feel bout these fights? Any switches you'd prefer more?
I don't think it takes 5 rounds for Wand & Ramp to finish their business, so a title isn't a necessary factor with that one.
I like both Silva,and Machida. Hate to see one lose. But, I think Thiago is a silent killer and I want to see him go against the style of Machida's enough to where that makes sense to me.
Soko been popping off and begging for Shogun. I thought Shogun was more than just a force at 205 for awhile, but with this knee, and no kicks or knees to the head/downed opp., to add to the rust and Octagon experience I don't care who they put him in there with.I can't take another Pride sensation coming over to flop(Cro-Flop).
Are these matchups even remotely factual at all? And what changes would you make?
ThaAxeMurderer7
7/14/08 7:13:46PM
I say put them all on the big end of the year card in December.

Griffin vs. Liddell for the belt
Wanderlei vs. Rampage 3
Machida vs. Thiago Silva
Shogun vs. Sokoudjou

It doesn't matter what the other fights are, those right there will make this the greatest fight card the UFC has ever put on. Another LHW fight I would like to see would be Goran Reljic vs. Luiz Cane. I've been impressed with both of these guys so far and they would def. be a test for each other or for two of the more higher ranked Light heavies.
CantAndleDaRiddum
7/14/08 8:23:55PM

Posted by ThaAxeMurderer7

I say put them all on the big end of the year card in December.

Griffin vs. Liddell for the belt
Wanderlei vs. Rampage 3
Machida vs. Thiago Silva
Shogun vs. Sokoudjou

It doesn't matter what the other fights are, those right there will make this the greatest fight card the UFC has ever put on. Another LHW fight I would like to see would be Goran Reljic vs. Luiz Cane. I've been impressed with both of these guys so far and they would def. be a test for each other or for two of the more higher ranked Light heavies.

fabulous idea
nickcuc547
7/14/08 10:22:05PM
Forrest vs. Rampage for the title (If it doesn't happen it's a travesty and shameful)
Shogun vs. Soko
Machida vs. Jardine (nap time)
wandy vs. chuck 2
prozacnation1978
7/14/08 11:23:06PM
i think for dec you will see shogun vs sokou and lidell vs forrest
in nov you will see wnady vs rampage 3
and in oct i see machida vs jardine or thiago silva
luis cane vs goueveia
and if it is in chicago i see bonner fighting on the card
their are some good matchups,
and is the tito rumor is indeed true that he might resign i see him fighting a rematch with evans in dec if they hold off on griffin vs lidell match till next year super bowl weekend