drew mcfedries 7% (3)
melvin guillard 2% (1)
alberto crane 5% (2)
kimbo slice 7% (3)
corey hill 9% (4)
CCPRIDE99
9/19/08 3:19:10PM
this discussion came up at my school today
who of these guys has the most potential to become a top guy if he could really dedicate himself to the sport?
the common opinion at my school was a cross between brock lesnar and melvin guillard and quite a few said mcfedries, though i think hes kinda old
my choice would be cory hill but i think melvin is quite close
juanez13
9/19/08 3:25:00PM
Brock would have my vote, although the age is a factor, as he doesnt have "alot" of time left in his career.

Guillard also had great potential, but seems like the kid just cant stay off the drugs.

scoozna
9/19/08 3:28:07PM
Brock. No question in my mind. Once he learns some submission defense and some boxing, look out.
wiggum
9/19/08 3:28:22PM
i hate to say it but lesnar.....wrestling is such a good base to have espcially at his level and how athletic he is....ground game is always a good building block, a similar argument could be made for crane but for some reason his bjj doesnt tanslate well into mma....mcfederies would be good if he trained the ground, but rumor has it is that he only trains the ground about 5% of the time.....guillard is kinda in the same boat, plus he lets his emotions in toooo much, always have to remain calm in that department, unless yer a diaz ha.....slice, believe it or not, is actually quite good for only training for two years, all credit to the great rutten....put the street thug image aside and look at it from a standpoint of a heavweight thats only trained for two years and you see someone that hasnt met the full potential yet and is very open and capable of learning quickly.....hill, jury is still out there.......to sum up.....lesnar is the answer with slice in 2nd and mcfedries in 3rd
mrkennedy
9/19/08 4:22:16PM
Brock in the pool my first pick is Dan Miller
DevonFoxy
9/19/08 4:26:37PM
From there I would say Brock but imo the guys with amazing potential are

Joe Lauzon
CB Dollaway
Cain V.
copcopps
9/20/08 12:19:34AM
McFedries, he also has the best name ever. He just needs some sub defense and he'll be pretty damn good.
Cdellorso
9/20/08 2:13:47AM
Brock
Joe Lau
Cain
Biggz
9/20/08 2:11:49PM
i know this was not one of the choices but, i'm going to have to go with Nate Diaz. Dudes ground game is SICK! and only going to get better. and hes only 23, everybody in the LW better look out, becuase he is coming up, i say this alot but, he is a future title holder for sure!
D0wnUnd6e6r
9/20/08 2:14:01PM
why does mcfederies keep on appearing in these posts??? he's far from being new to the sport and well IMO kinda already past his prime. aaanyways I don't like any of them but lesnar will have the best career sadly.
Boo_Radley21
9/20/08 2:14:51PM

Posted by Biggz

i know this was not one of the choices but, i'm going to have to go with Nate Diaz. Dudes ground game is SICK! and only going to get better. and hes only 23, everybody in the LW better look out, becuase he is coming up, i say this alot but, he is a future title holder for sure!

i agree with diaz
casey64
9/20/08 2:27:58PM
Brock Lesnar
Ben_Hutch
9/20/08 7:29:48PM
Dan Hardy
Mustapha Al Turk
Jim Wallhead - Expect to see him on TUF 9, he's a very good British WW prospect.
AxeMurderer97
9/20/08 10:04:07PM
I'm going to say Goran Reljic, he's only 24 and is very, very good on his feet.
SpiderSilva
9/21/08 1:21:25AM
Cowboy from the WEC he will be in the UFC soon enough
Aaronno9
9/21/08 5:54:30AM
Holla for sadollah