My Post UFC 67 thoughts...

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » My Post UFC 67 thoughts...
tomp6581
2/5/07 8:22:52AM
I watched UFC 67 Sunday night and thought it was a great show. I have to say the biggest surprise of the night for me was to see how well Lutter fought. When he mounted Silva, in my opinion, he was 2-3 clean punches away from a ref stoppage, but Silva proved why he was the champ. Closer fight than I thought...well done Travis.
Surprise Surprise Cro Cop won....He wasn’t as awesome as we've seen in the past but he was fighting a scared fighter in my opinion - there was no way he was losing. It is going to be good seeing him fight in the octagon over the next 2 years.....no frills, no after fight party's, just a great mma fighter.
Jackson did well, however he hasn't been the same since his loses to Silva/Rua and i think Chuck would not have too much of a problem with him. As big as the fight will be, I think a Jackson-Tito fight would be more entertaining.....but unlikely. Jackson is a great character and is going to be a crowd favourite at UFC with his “black on black violence” lines.

All in all, UFC bringing these two fighters is a very good thing for the sport. With Cro Cop and Rampage signing on, I feel the average UFC fan might start asking questions like "where did these guys come from?", and educate themselves on the many world class fighters outside of the octagon...this might then lead to many more fans demanding fights against specific fighters etc. Its hard to imagine mma fans who didn’t know who Cro Cop was, and still don’t know who Fedor is! If the sport is to grow in the right way, casual fans need to be educated. Then it is in the promoters interests to give the fans what they want….the best V the best.

Its all about opinions. And this is mine.
shackle
2/5/07 8:59:25AM
I agree lutter if 100% maybe able to get silva. Silva's takedown defense isn't as great as I thought, But silva did a great job, but it does show he's not unbeatable. I'm not a big fan of either fighter though.

I Think it was gay they booed Jackson, but don't hate on America cause not everyone there was booing I'm sure of it.
Manfred
2/5/07 9:43:07AM
All in all it was a solid event. I gave it 7/10 in the poll.

Credit to Sanchez for hanging in there as long as he did. (the running helped) He took some good shots though
nate22
2/5/07 9:52:47AM

Posted by tomp6581

I watched UFC 67 Sunday night and thought it was a great show. I have to say the biggest surprise of the night for me was to see how well Lutter fought. When he mounted Silva, in my opinion, he was 2-3 clean punches away from a ref stoppage, but Silva proved why he was the champ. Closer fight than I thought...well done Travis.
Surprise Surprise Cro Cop won....He wasn’t as awesome as we've seen in the past but he was fighting a scared fighter in my opinion - there was no way he was losing. It is going to be good seeing him fight in the octagon over the next 2 years.....no frills, no after fight party's, just a great mma fighter.
Jackson did well, however he hasn't been the same since his loses to Silva/Rua and i think Chuck would not have too much of a problem with him. As big as the fight will be, I think a Jackson-Tito fight would be more entertaining.....but unlikely. Jackson is a great character and is going to be a crowd favourite at UFC with his “black on black violence” lines.

All in all, UFC bringing these two fighters is a very good thing for the sport. With Cro Cop and Rampage signing on, I feel the average UFC fan might start asking questions like "where did these guys come from?", and educate themselves on the many world class fighters outside of the octagon...this might then lead to many more fans demanding fights against specific fighters etc. Its hard to imagine mma fans who didn’t know who Cro Cop was, and still don’t know who Fedor is! If the sport is to grow in the right way, casual fans need to be educated. Then it is in the promoters interests to give the fans what they want….the best V the best.

Its all about opinions. And this is mine.

It is all about opinions, fair enough. But your opinions don't warrant a seperate thread to the discussion, if this was the case we would have 3000 threads on the same thing. I'm sorry if this offends you, it's not meant to, but there are plenty of threads that are relevant to where you could of posted your thoughts.

There is no point in having twelve of basically the exact same thread with different wording on the front page all the time, there really isn't.

I don't want you to think i'm singling you or anybody out, but I'm moving this to the lounge, the reason i'm explaining is because a number of people have been getting upset with me moving their threads there, so here's the explanation as to why beforehand.

If and when we get a merge function implemented, then people should not be suprised to see these types of threads merged with one another in the future.

To thread starter this is not meant to really be directly aimed at you but more so to the rest of the board also.

Nate.
tomp6581
2/5/07 9:58:41AM
My apologies. But you must acccept that some people are at work, and althouth I would love to read all the post then give my opinion where it is best suited...i simply didnt have time today.

....Control....cough.....freak.....cough
nate22
2/5/07 10:12:30AM
I understand that, it's cool I won't move this thread until later tonight. As I say it would be alot simplier if I could merge threads with one another but I can't yet.

As for the control freak comment, i'm just doing my best to try and prevent the forums looking like sherdogs, and it's alot harder work than any of you guys probably realise.

The thing is, if everybody didn't start threads of there own then the front page would basically have all the topics that you would need to see or add to, it's all the threads being started on pretty much the same topic that make it impossible to find what you are looking for, say for instance whilst you are at work.

If anybody has any suggestions as to how to go about doing this in a better way, then seriously please let me know.

Final point this thread
http://www.mmaplayground.com/forums/topic947-1.html

is asking you for your thoughts and opinions on past UFC and don't tell me you couldn't see that as it's five threads down on the front page.

tomp6581
2/5/07 11:57:04AM
Point taken. If it will make your life easier I will do as you ask in the future. Don’t take the offence at the control freak comment, just a bit of banter.
Lesson learnt.
nate22
2/5/07 8:14:54PM
nice one and bring on the banter

Lol where the fck are these smileys coming from. I am going to hate them in a few months.