Post Your UFC 73 Picks and Wagers

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA Playground Game Talk » Post Your UFC 73 Picks and Wagers
CornishMMA
7/3/07 10:33:22AM
Copy and Paste your picks/wager from the FIGHT COMPANION page (then do a slight quick edit to make it look better)

Anderson Silva
Fight ends in round 3
KO / TKO
$118 on Marquardt @ +255
Potential earnings: +$300
Potential loss: -$118

Sean Sherk
Judge's decision
Unanimous/majority decision
$225 on Sherk @ -225
Potential earnings: +$100
Potential loss: -$225

Tito Ortiz
Judge's decision
$325 on Ortiz @ -120
Potential earnings: +$270
Potential loss: -$325

Kenny Florian
Fight ends in round 2
KO / TKO
$100 on Florian @ -400
Potential earnings: +$25
Potential loss: -$100

Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira
Fight ends in round 1
Submission / Tapout
$4 on Herring @ +640
Potential earnings: +$26
Potential loss: -$4

Jorge Gurgel
Judge's decision
$20 on Saraiva @ +300
Potential earnings: +$60
Potential loss: -$20

Stephan Bonnar
Judge's decision
$3 on Nickels @ +345
Potential earnings: +$10
Potential loss: -$3

Mark Bocek
Fight ends in round 3
Submission / Tapout
$40 on Bocek @ +300
Potential earnings: +$120
Potential loss: -$40

Chris Lytle
Fight ends in round 1
Submission / Tapout
Violentcuv
7/3/07 12:36:26PM
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1 Photo Attachment 2
Young_Knuck
7/5/07 3:20:54PM
violentcuv

i agree with all your picks except the ortiz/evans fight

but as far as what round and how, i disagree quite a bit

silva will win late RND 2/ mid RND 3 w/ a sub
franca CAN NOT last 5 rounds with sherk and will get onwed in the 3rd
evans, split decision
agreed w/ big nog and gurgel
florian will get a submission in 2nd RND
the bonnar fight will either end in RND 2 submission, or go the distance w/ a UD for bonnar
and i agree w/ your last two as well
postman
7/6/07 1:09:16AM
I love Franca in this fight. Don't get me wrong I Sherk is the man but my money is on Franca. Sherk struggled in a five round unanimous decision over Florian at UFC 64. Florian is nowhere near as dangerous as Franca on the feet or on the mat. Not to mention will the rust be worn off Its been a long time for Sherk. For Sherk to win he is going to have to open him up early or get the quick take down and ride him into the late rounds, if he can ride Franca into the 5th Franca won't last. But I think Franca by sub in late 3 early 4 is what we are going to see. Should be a great fight. Won't mind if either wins!
peachfuzzz1305
7/6/07 2:44:46AM
SILVA BY TKO 3RD

SHERK BY TKO IN 4TH

1200 ON RASHAD @ -105

RASHAD BY DECISION

BIG NOG BY SUBMISSION 2ND ROUND

KEN FLO BY TKO 2ND ROUND

BONNAR BY SUB 1ST ROUND

GRUGEL BY TKO 1ST RD

FRANK EDGAR BY DECISION

CHRIS LYTLE BY SUBMISSION IN 1ST ROUND
Scott_Revels
7/6/07 6:59:55AM
Anderson Silva by KO/TKO in the Second Round over Nathan Marquardt
(No Bet)

Sean Sherk by Unanimous/Majority Decision in a Judge's Decision over Hermes Franca
(No Bet)

Rashad Evans by Unanimous/Majority Decision in a Judge's Decision over Tito Ortiz
($1080 on Evans - all my money.)

Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira by Submission/Tapout in the First Round over Heath Herring
(No Bet)

Jorge Gurgel by Unanimous/Majority Decision in a Judge's Decision over Diego Saraiva
(No Bet)

Kenny Florian by Submission/Tapout in the Third Round over Alvin Robison
(No Bet)

Stephan Bonnar by KO/TKO in the First Round over Mike Nickels
(No Bet)

Frank Edgar by KO/TKO in the Second Round over Mark Bocek
(No Bet)

Chris Lytle by Submission/Tapout in the FIrst Round over Jason Gilliam
(No Bet)
AintRite
7/6/07 11:00:41AM

I love Franca in this fight. Don't get me wrong I Sherk is the man but my money is on Franca. Sherk struggled in a five round unanimous decision over Florian at UFC 64. Florian is nowhere near as dangerous as Franca on the feet or on the mat. Not to mention will the rust be worn off Its been a long time for Sherk. For Sherk to win he is going to have to open him up early or get the quick take down and ride him into the late rounds, if he can ride Franca into the 5th Franca won't last. But I think Franca by sub in late 3 early 4 is what we are going to see. Should be a great fight. Won't mind if either wins!

Sherk has never been subed before and Franca has the gas to go maybe 3 rds.

Why would someone pick one person and bet on the other, to me that doesn't make any sense?
twistedjoker
7/6/07 11:09:59AM
Sorry totally f'd this up the first time I posted so im reposting correctly:

Nate Marquardt
round 3
sub/tap

Sean Sherk
round 2
sub/tap
$50 on Franca@ +250

Rashad Evans
round 2
KO/TKO

Heath Herring
Round 2
KO/TKO
$300 on Herring @+640

Jorge Gurgel
Decision
Unanimous

Knny Florian
round 3
sub/tap

Mike Nickels
round 2
sub/tap

Mark Bocek
round 2
sub/tap
$50 on Bocek @ +300

Chris Lytle
round 1
sub/tap
LightsOut33093
7/6/07 11:32:09AM
twistedjoker.......i cant evn read ur picks
Young_Knuck
7/6/07 2:44:32PM

Sorry totally f'd this up the first time I posted so im reposting correctly:

Nate Marquardt
round 3
sub/tap

Sean Sherk
round 2
sub/tap
$50 on Franca@ +250

Rashad Evans
round 2
KO/TKO

Heath Herring
Round 2
KO/TKO
$300 on Herring @+640

Jorge Gurgel
Decision
Unanimous

Knny Florian
round 3
sub/tap

Mike Nickels
round 2
sub/tap

Mark Bocek
round 2
sub/tap
$50 on Bocek @ +300

Chris Lytle
round 1
sub/tap

You honestly think herring and nickels are going to win?
twistedjoker
7/6/07 4:54:16PM
Herring yes, Nickels no i have since changed the Nickels one that was my oversight.
postman
7/7/07 12:30:07PM

Posted by AintRite

Why would someone pick one person and bet on the other, to me that doesn't make any sense?

Betting and picking winners of fight are 2 different things. If I told you that I want sherk in this fight even money you wouldn't bet me. But if I told you I want sherk in this fight and I will put up $100 to your $10 why wouldn't you bet on Franca. Thats why its called gambeling. You may not have the faith in Franca to win but whats 10 dollars for a chance to win 100. Do you understand now. Not to mention I did pick Franca.
AintRite
7/7/07 2:18:39PM

Posted by postman

Posted by AintRite

Betting and picking winners of fight are 2 different things. If I told you that I want sherk in this fight even money you wouldn't bet me. But if I told you I want sherk in this fight and I will put up $100 to your $10 why wouldn't you bet on Franca. Thats why its called gambeling. You may not have the faith in Franca to win but whats 10 dollars for a chance to win 100. Do you understand now. Not to mention I did pick Franca.

Yeah, I understand that but it's kinda like shooting yourself in the foot though. It would make more sense if this was real money and wasn't for prizes at the end of the season for most points and money.

And sorry about Franca, Sherk by gnp.