Do you post more often in threads where there's familiar people?

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Do you post more often in threads where there's familiar people?
EvenFlow
1/5/09 9:40:08PM
I admit I have favorites in the playground, we all do dont lie, and at times we will look to see who's posted before bothering with a post for good or bad lol. The topic matters a lot and I think thats what it comes down to most of the time, a good/controversial topic = more replies and most familiar people.
ohiostate1016
1/5/09 9:44:19PM
There are 3 things that determine whether I post in a certain thread for the most part:

1-topic
2-whether somebody has already said what I want to say
3-the people that posted before me

If I feel that I can expand on something smart that somebody said before me, then I most definitely will post.

Interesting topic.
Shawn91111
1/5/09 9:47:15PM

Posted by EvenFlow

I admit I have favorites in the playground, we all do dont lie, and at times we will look to see who's posted before bothering with a post for good or bad lol. The topic matters a lot and I think thats what it comes down to most of the time, a good/controversial topic = more replies and most familiar people.

Honestly for me its opposite. I have a few who I really do not like and I check their posts before anyone I do like. I get drawn in, like "ok what dumbass post have they put up now" type of thing. For me regardless if its a good poster or not any long drawn out post I just skip over....I dont read good
aaa9erh8er
1/5/09 9:49:14PM
theres ppls post who i will read some i just wont if i see there nam i just skip it. as far as replying to a post it really goes on if what i gota say has been said or i disagree with something. but i would say i have favorites if you wanna call it that
EvenFlow
1/5/09 9:49:17PM

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by EvenFlow

Honestly for me its opposite. I have a few who I really do not like and I check their posts before anyone I do like. I get drawn in, like "ok what dumbass post have they put up now" type of thing. For me regardless if its a good poster or not any long drawn out post I just skip over....I dont read good

But thats why I say for good or bad meaning trolls or good posters, just familiar in general I guess. You get what I meant right?
Shawn91111
1/5/09 9:53:18PM

Posted by EvenFlow

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by EvenFlow

But thats why I say for good or bad meaning trolls or good posters, just familiar in general I guess. You get what I meant right?

I did, I just keyed in on favorites on the playground why I said I was opposite. I do check the bad more often than the good posters, because I want to see how the betting line is before said person or troll is banned.
JimiMak
1/5/09 10:26:46PM
I look at the posts long before I worry about who wrote them.
EvenFlow
1/5/09 10:45:33PM

Posted by JimiMak

How is that not the same thing, your looking at the post yet not who wrote it?
loller90278
1/6/09 12:24:50AM
i just look at todays topics and comment on what interests me. but, i have a tendency to post wherever tuvok does, i love that guy
Aaronno9
1/6/09 12:32:36AM
I sometimes am more likely to check out a post if its been made by a certain poster, or if they made the last post. Doesn't affect where i post though.
Wolfenstein
1/6/09 12:41:59AM
I definetely read everything posted by people who I feel always hav something insightful to say. I don't neccesarilly post though unless I have something thoughtful to add to a topic that I find intriguing.
haggiswashere
1/6/09 2:06:51AM
I won't post if its someone i usually argue with because i just don't feel like spending the time discussing when they are clearly looking for just an argument but i don't post more often if its someone i like.
cmill21
1/6/09 3:23:59AM
I like to post after people who I ussually don't agree with, I like to hear if they have valid points I didn't think about. I don't always post, but I ussually read everything posted on here, especially if it's from people I respect.
emfleek
1/6/09 9:05:43AM
I read posts from just about everyone. However, I find myself propping, for the most part, the same guys over and over. Not because I'm swinging from balls, but because I think they deserve it.

So, in that regard...I guess I show some sort of favoritism towards certain posters.
pv3Hpv3p
1/6/09 10:04:40AM
I never paid much attention to who posts in a thread... If I find the title interesting, and have something to contribute to the conversation, then I'll throw up a post...

Otherwise, I guess I try to reply to anyone who quotes or replies to one of my opinions
george112
1/6/09 2:30:07PM
i think i actually am right on with this thread.

i dont post to threads more with whom i kno more people.rather i look to see when they join an tend to post more in threads with a lot of "OGs"

if you dont kno wat i mean by "OG" its someone who joined in the first 1-4 months of the sites existence.

call it biased.call it favoritism.call it w/e.thats just the way i do it

an i kno im not well known but i do read pretty much everything posted on here.i just choose to read rather than post,but ill eventually get to sensei

im tryin im tryin
cowcatcher
1/6/09 2:45:20PM
if the topic is something i have an opinion on, or might have pics of half naked milk sacks im there. there are a couple threads and one or two people whose posts just irritate me to the point that i avoid them, but im a grumpy old dude that hears enough BS from his own teenage son so i could stand to be more patient sometimes with the younger posters that havent followed the sport for as long as i have. fact is 99% of the people on here are good people and fairly educated about mma, or want to learn more about it and i like reading just about everything everyone has to say.
EvenFlow
1/6/09 8:33:14PM
Just getting some perspective on all your opinins, no underlining meaning.
JimiMak
1/6/09 10:38:51PM

Posted by EvenFlow

Posted by JimiMak

How is it not the opposite? I read the text portion w/o even looking at the name or how long they'[ve been a member. I don't care if someone is a sensei or learning to sprawl. I've been propped by ppl I've had arguments w/ (on other subjects) and propped ppl I've had arguments with. Each post is worthy of being read until it proves a waste of my time on it's own merit. I often don't know who wrote what unless I go back to quote it or the thread becomes a convo between just a cpl ppl.
EvenFlow
1/6/09 10:53:37PM

Posted by JimiMak

Posted by EvenFlow

Posted by JimiMak

How is it not the opposite? I read the text portion w/o even looking at the name or how long they'[ve been a member. I don't care if someone is a sensei or learning to sprawl. I've been propped by ppl I've had arguments w/ (on other subjects) and propped ppl I've had arguments with. Each post is worthy of being read until it proves a waste of my time on it's own merit. I often don't know who wrote what unless I go back to quote it or the thread becomes a convo between just a cpl ppl.

Whatever works.
bobbydoomocculta
1/7/09 12:38:43AM

Posted by JimiMak

Posted by EvenFlow

Posted by JimiMak

That's pretty much how I roll too... Sometimes you can guess who wrote something before you even look at who it is...

As far as replying to shit, I tend to avoid the serious stuff and hang around the locker room/ padded room mainly making bad jokes to humour myself and anyone else who digs my style...

I read mostly everything though...