Post Strike Force Nashville (potential spoiler!)

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Post Strike Force Nashville (potential spoiler!)
Gladiator
4/18/10 12:09:12AM
So about the brawl following henderson vs sheilds... did anybody see what happened clearly? They cut the live feed for part of it but i saw the replay and this is how i saw it go down:

Miller walks up to shields and asks for rematch, melendez then grabs his shoulder and says something to which miller responds by shoving him. This is where it gets hazy for me... looked like nick diaz ran forward and punched him in the face. next thing i see is miller on the ground getting kicked in the face by nick, nate diaz, and gilbert melendez?

Thats all i could see from the short replay. Is that accurate or can someone elaborate who maybe has it on dvr?
grappler0000
4/18/10 12:13:23AM
Twenty20Dollars
4/18/10 12:22:00AM
Pretty sure I saw gilbert and shields push miller first.

How about putting frank shamrock on the spot, Im sure he lied. He's prolly not a shields fan, he just said that because he was face to face and didnt want cesar gracie to beat him up haha. What frank said about shields sometimes not trying to finish, kinda help true tonight, I thought he could have got a tko stoppage over hendo.
spikerman19
4/18/10 3:05:58AM
UFC should cut Nate Diaz, just to make a point.
prozacnation1978
4/18/10 3:09:21AM
somewhere dana is smiling
but this might hurt ufc for getting a deal on national tv and i wonder how cbs will handle it

diaz bros went crazy, i think nate diaz wont be able to come to strikeforce fights anymore

best fight of the night

whole night was boring strikeforce saying they have better exciting matches than ufc, and a one sided commentary job of shamrock who hates jake shields
and shields saying he was disrespected by strikeforce

i still think dana gets him to ufc
ncordless
4/18/10 3:29:56AM

but this might hurt ufc for getting a deal on national tv and i wonder how cbs will handle it

It won't hurt the UFC getting a national TV deal at all. When someone is willing to deal with the UFC on their terms, the UFC will get a network deal.

Do you guys really think that CBS cares that some guys got in a fight on national TV? This is age of Jerry Springer and Flavor of Love... no one gives a crap about a fight on TV except for people that are hypersensitive about the way MMA is perceived by the general public.

Has a fight ever put a professional sport off the air?
seanfu
4/18/10 3:49:38AM

Posted by ncordless

It won't hurt the UFC getting a national TV deal at all. When someone is willing to deal with the UFC on their terms, the UFC will get a network deal.

Do you guys really think that CBS cares that some guys got in a fight on national TV? This is age of Jerry Springer and Flavor of Love... no one gives a crap about a fight on TV except for people that are hypersensitive about the way MMA is perceived by the general public.

Yes actually in Brazil there was a fight in which one man broke another mans arm in a sharp armbar angle and after that vale tudo was pulled from rio tv
ncordless
4/18/10 4:06:09AM

Posted by seanfu

Posted by ncordless

Yes actually in Brazil there was a fight in which one man broke another mans arm in a sharp armbar angle and after that vale tudo was pulled from rio tv

That happened within the actual contest, right? Not in a brawl outside of the actual sanctioned fight. What you are talking about is more like Spike pulling UFC Fight for the Troops because Al-Hassan's arm got broken, not a post fight scuffle.

And I will rephrase my question since we are talking about U.S. tv... Has a fight ever put a professional sport off the air in the US?
theruler_
4/18/10 4:16:41AM
over all this event seemed like a bit of a disaster to me, despite enjoying the main event. only 3 full fights, all of which could have been considered boring by the average joe fan. imo the show was worst case scenario for cbs and sf.
ironically, the post fight brawl may have been the saving grace. at least in terms of entertainment.
I saw the incident the same way as Gladiator.
SmileR
4/18/10 7:27:00AM
It was a joke, at one point there was at least 7 guys beating on Miller. The fact that they are on national T.V should have stopped them anyway but outnumbering a guy 6 or 7 to 1 is a joke.
I hope all of them get fined and suspended. It just goes to prove that the DIaz brothers have the minds of children and the rest of their camp aren't much different.

Its going to be used by the states that haven't legalized MMA as a example of why it shouldn't be allowed in and its damaged MMA as a sport.
State_Champ
4/18/10 12:40:47PM
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
TimW001
4/18/10 1:56:49PM

Posted by State_Champ

HAHA

Gus got the hell out of there quick.
Caesarrrr
4/18/10 3:20:54PM
I don't think the UFC should do anything regrading Nate, this is actually good for the UFC. They now can say "look at this company, they can't even control their own (expletive) fighters. We can, that wouldn't (expletive) happen the UFC."

Overall, this happened due to poor control on SF's part.
BustedKnuckle
4/18/10 4:56:13PM
I couldn't disagree more. I think the UFC should punish Nate harshly. He represents their UFC banner at all times. I hope the LAW is involved and these guys get criminal charges brought against them. It was a complete and utter spit in the face of every fighter that trained hard for the card and they shite all over it!!
Caesarrrr
4/18/10 9:42:51PM
Regardless of what happened, I don't think the fighters should be the people you're angry at. These guys train to fight, and after a fight and a win like that everyone's adrenaline is going. Where were the SF officials to keep the camps separated?
State_Champ
4/19/10 3:59:55PM
Link

This is an interesting take on the SF Brawl and I really like it.