Post Fight Faces

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Post Fight Faces
Boo_Radley21
7/31/07 8:57:30PM
After a fight, which fighters have looked the worst? (Cuts, bruises, swelling, broken noses etc)

The ones that come to mind for me are
Takayama after he fought Don Frye, Shamrock after the Ortiz beating, and Marvin Eastman after Vitor's knee. Does anyone have some others?
TOMMYAYO05
7/31/07 9:04:34PM

Posted by Boo_Radley21

After a fight, which fighters have looked the worst? (Cuts, bruises, swelling, broken noses etc)

The ones that come to mind for me are
Takayama after he fought Don Frye, Shamrock after the Ortiz beating, and Marvin Eastman after Vitor's knee. Does anyone have some others?

ahhh diaz after his gomi fight
juanez13
7/31/07 9:11:16PM
fedor had a similar cut to marvin eastman when he fought Big nog the second time...... barnett looked pretty bad against cro cop, and sakuraba even worse after cro cop..........wanderlei looked pretty beat up after cro cop too lol............
wanderlei's eye was huge after hendo 1......coleman after fedor .... big nog after fedor, those are juss of the top of my head,, im sure there are alot i missed, i juss cant remeber right now.....l
Tons33
7/31/07 9:24:58PM
Ken shamrock after Tito/Shamrock 1.
juanez13
7/31/07 10:07:49PM
also how can i forget, heath herring after fedor...
BigEvil
8/1/07 12:39:18AM
Rich Franklin was smelling his own cheek after the Silva fight.
Stickan
8/1/07 1:30:33AM
Tanner after facing Franklin for the second time.
Lister post Marquardt
Rampage post second fight with Wandy.
Sakuraba after Arona.
Ultimate_fighter
8/1/07 3:36:55AM

Posted by Tons33

Ken shamrock after Tito/Shamrock 1.

Yea, that was a brutal match!!!
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
sfmaster
8/1/07 6:08:30AM
Yuki Nakai after the 95 vale tudo japan event hands down! He got the crap beat out of him and barely managed to scrape by with clutch submissions in his first two fights that night, and to make matters worse he had to fight Rickson Gracie in the final! Apparently he is pretty much blind in one eye now, and had to retire because of that one night, you can see him in the Rickson Gracie doc "CHOKE". He showed so much heart, it was very inspiring and heartbreaking at the same time. Does anybody have a picture of him after that tournament?
xchickox
8/1/07 7:31:41AM
there was that set of after fight photos on a site somewhere, where the fight posed for them and they looked amazing, cant remember where they were though
cowcatcher
8/1/07 9:37:04AM
this was a bad night to be wandys face
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
waylon_o
8/1/07 10:44:51AM
This thread has the potential to be the best one on the site. MORE PICS PLEASE
Mastodon2
8/1/07 11:03:11AM
Cro Cop made a mess of Fedor's face

Diaz after Gomi smashed him up, mind you, in the opinion of the head of the atheletic commission of the state the event was held in (I think it was Cali), asaid he was inebriated to the point of not being able to feel the pain from the damage that Gomi was inflicting, and I think for sure he was off his head, Gomi was smashing him up, and he didnt even flinch.

Choi Mu Bae after the his fight with Soa "The Hulk" Palalei. Soa was just smashing him the whole time, and Choi, being made of Iron, just keep walking forward, blocking with his face until Soa got tired, then he took him down and got the choke in. Amazing, and Choi's face looked like it had been hit with a meat tenderising hammer, not because Soa is a strong puncher, just because he landed so many punches and Choi didnt even look like he was trying to defend against them!
the-james
8/1/07 2:36:52PM
Sakuraba after Arona by Far nothing really even comes close.
sfmaster
8/1/07 5:08:14PM
Sakuraba is not blind in one eye, Yuki Nakai is. In terms of cosmetic damage Sakuraba had it bad, but in terms of both cosmetic and serious permanent damage Nakai takes the cake.

http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/search/yuki+nakai/video/xrflm_vtj-95-rickson-gracie-vs-nakai-yuki_sport

Here is the final match of the tournament, his face does not look quite as bad as saku's but the actual damage was worse.
szucconi
8/1/07 5:16:35PM
Sean Gannon after Kimbo Slice. It wasn't MMA, but it was bad. The dude had a second smaller head growing out of his head.