Possibility of UFC signing Nog Twins????

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Possibility of UFC signing Nog Twins????
madmarck
2/5/07 5:10:29PM
Is it just me or does it seem like Joe Rogan brings up the Nogueira fairly often. During Heath Herrings Debut Joe mentioned Herrings loss to Nog and how Nog was one of the Top HW's in the world.
I also distincly remeber both lil and big Nog being mentioned as the "Nogueira brothers" who trained someone in BJJ. (i believe it was Hermes Franca pls Correct me if i am wrong).
Is it possible that Dana White is in the process of sigining these two guys and he wants Rogan to build them up os when they arrive in the UFC everyone will know that Nog beat Cro Cop and Herring?
I have heard many times by forum posters who claim that this will not happen b/c of the way Dana White Treated Murilo Bustamante, the UFC MW champ at the time. I dont believe Murilo was mistreated however but rather that he and the UFC had a diffrenece of opininons on what he should be paid so they went their Seperate ways. I dont believe any hard feelings remain. Espically since that was a few years back, and i doubt that the entire BTT would refuse to go to the UFC b/c of it.

Any thoughts or more Sightings(hearings) of Joe Rogan mentioning the Nogueira twins?
zephead
2/5/07 5:24:22PM
The UFC could be talking amongst themselves about signing the Nog bros. But I think it might have to do with Rogan and his BJJ. He trains in it and they just might be people he looks up to
pv3Hpv3p
2/5/07 6:11:07PM
It would be a great signing... Maybe he will try to time it out... Bring in Big Nog after CC gains the belt, and market the rematch, I can already see the promo:

The man who has taken the UFC heavyweight division by storm, Mirko CroCop, faces the only man every to submit him...

In all it would be great if it was true, big Nog especially, I think lil Nog still has a lot to prove in Pride so I don't see him coming for a while at least (but he's more than welcome!).

Good thinking in general... Rogan has mentioned them quite often, and wouldn't they be a huge asset to the UFC fighter stable??

Side note: I think that Rogan mentioned that Anderson Silva got his BJJ blackbelt from one or both of the Nog's, after he left Chutebox.
madmarck
2/5/07 9:46:11PM

Posted by zephead

The UFC could be talking amongst themselves about signing the Nog bros. But I think it might have to do with Rogan and his BJJ. He trains in it and they just might be people he looks up to

But he trains BJJ under Eddie Bravo. Im not sure if he has any connection to BTT.
madmarck
2/5/07 9:47:15PM
Anderson Sivla BJJ black belt under Nog's. that sounds more right that Franca. I was pretty sure i was wrong on that one.
hippysmacker
2/5/07 10:31:30PM
I hope it's true, especially LIl Nog. I think he has the best chance to beat Chuck of any LHVY.
madmarck
2/5/07 10:48:33PM

Posted by hippysmacker

I hope it's true, especially LIl Nog. I think he has the best chance to beat Chuck of any LHVY.

I personally think that Ricardo Arona has the best chance outta all top 10 LHWS. They guy is a beast at grappling and if anyone can take chuck down its him.
THE_AXE_MURDERER
2/5/07 11:29:13PM
If they do come to UFC we got two new champs.
hippysmacker
2/6/07 3:45:37AM

Posted by madmarck

Posted by hippysmacker

I personally think that Ricardo Arona has the best chance outta all top 10 LHWS. They guy is a beast at grappling and if anyone can take chuck down its him.

Can you imagine Arona with a cage to push someone against and elbows. Could be devastating, it would seem to fit his style better. However, I don't know how exciting he would be to the casual fan unless he throws elbows like Tito .
Svartorm
2/6/07 4:01:24AM

Posted by madmarck

Posted by zephead

But he trains BJJ under Eddie Bravo. Im not sure if he has any connection to BTT.

Bravo trains BJJ under Jean Jaque Machado, so I don't think theres any BTT connection, as the Machados are kind of like the Gracies.
Svartorm
2/6/07 4:02:54AM

Posted by hippysmacker
Can you imagine Arona with a cage to push someone against and elbows. Could be devastating, it would seem to fit his style better. However, I don't know how exciting he would be to the casual fan unless he throws elbows like Tito .

I don't think Arona would fly with the casual fan, in the same way Marquette and Lister are in the dark matches. Remember Lister vs. Arona? That was one of the most boring fights ever.
Sakuraba
2/6/07 4:51:53AM

Posted by Svartorm

Posted by hippysmacker

I don't think Arona would fly with the casual fan, in the same way Marquette and Lister are in the dark matches. Remember Lister vs. Arona? That was one of the most boring fights ever.

I liked that match...depends if you like grappling or not i guess. both top notch grapplers
madmarck
2/6/07 10:43:29AM

Posted by Svartorm

Posted by madmarck

Posted by zephead

Bravo trains BJJ under Jean Jaque Machado, so I don't think theres any BTT connection, as the Machados are kind of like the Gracies.

ahh yes i remember now thanks for the reminder.
madmarck
2/6/07 10:44:14AM

Posted by THE_AXE_MURDERER

If they do come to UFC we got two new champs.

I dont think that Lil Nog could take out Chuck.
fedorwins1
2/6/07 10:45:53AM
That would be an awesome signing alot more matchups if they do sign. I wouldn't mind seeing Nog vs CC 2
Spiderman
2/6/07 4:34:08PM

Posted by fedorwins1

That would be an awesome signing alot more matchups if they do sign. I wouldn't mind seeing Nog vs CC 3

Are you one of those crazy Mirko Nutthuggers who think he fought Nog twice and Has beaten fedor , hunt , and Nog in rematchs ?
fedorwins1
2/6/07 5:01:52PM

Posted by Spiderman

Posted by fedorwins1

That would be an awesome signing alot more matchups if they do sign. I wouldn't mind seeing Nog vs CC 3

Are you one of those crazy Mirko Nutthuggers who think he fought Nog twice and Has beaten fedor , hunt , and Nog in rematchs ?

Ooops sorry about that one man I wasn't thinking when I posted that one haha. I edited it now, but no I'm not a crazy CC nuthugger just look at my display name haha. I feel like a total retard now
cowcatcher
2/6/07 5:37:31PM
dave meltzer reported that zuffa was close to buying pride, he's rarely wrong so i think there's a good chance of this happening
loller90278
2/6/07 6:11:22PM

Posted by cowcatcher

dave meltzer reported that zuffa was close to buying pride, he's rarely wrong so i think there's a good chance of this happening

nah i don't think that's going to happen.. they already declined one offer from ufc
madmarck
2/6/07 7:59:32PM

Posted by cowcatcher

Hmm I think Dana would given the chance. But I get the feeling that Pride wont surrender their Ship until it is going down. I dont see that Pride is in really big troulbe. Even if it is sold doesn't mean it was bad off financially. It just means they got a frickin awesome price. I dont really want Zuffa to buy Pride. But i can pretty much Gurantee that DSE doesn't wan't to give it up without a fight.
cowcatcher
2/6/07 8:12:02PM
wanted to get the quote i read for the thread but didn't wanna post as an edit. "[Dave] Meltzer said on WOL (Wrestling Observer Live) last night that it looks like Dana White is under the impression that the purchase is a done deal or very close to it." interview was 2/4. he's very accurate, so what i'm saying is it's worth a listen.
madmarck
2/7/07 1:46:20PM
i read somewhere that Dana had put in a offer, as did some other company (not Bodog), but they were both turned down by DSE.
loller90278
2/7/07 2:29:46PM
i'm pretty sure ed fishman (fisherman)? is buying out pride from dse..
sigmundfreud
2/7/07 4:38:58PM
no, won't happen ! BTT is one big family and you ask them what they think of the UFC. Zuffa did let down Bustamante, never gave him the respect that he deserved.
according to mmaweekly, Fishman is indeed going to buy Pride Fc .
link to mmaweekly article