Who poses a problem for Anderson Silva??

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Who poses a problem for Anderson Silva??
Next Page »
hathcock32
3/17/07 9:21:02PM
Of all the MW in UFC...who gives Anderson Silva the best match. IMO i thaught Lutter had a chance becuase of his world class ground skills, after not making weight he seemed unmotivated IMO. I believe Swick's submissions are underrated...and his stand up is solid. I think he will be UFC MW champ by the end of the year.
Stickan
3/17/07 10:00:40PM
I think Silva loses his title to Marquardt this summer so I guess Nate kinda poses a problem for Anderson.

Sry but havn't this thread been done a few times already? "who poses the biggest threat to silva?" or something like that and a "#1 contender for MW?" thread..
hathcock32
3/17/07 10:48:06PM
Something like it maybe....sorry if its the exact same. But im not asking who is the number #1 contender, but who of the MW is Anderson Silva's belt. Not neccasarily who will fight him next.....are any of the MW a bad matchup for Anderson.
Jeffanori-Gomi
3/17/07 11:28:27PM
I think Rich will win next time they meet. Lindland would beat Silva too IMO.

Anderson is great but IMO hes one of those fighters that if you get him out of his gameplan, get in his face, and bully him around, he would break down.

I think if Rich employed the same gameplan as Randy did in his first fight with Liddell, I think Rich would take it.

Anderson is a very talented striker and IMO one of the most entertaining champions to watch, but I forsee a short title run for him. I think if he does loses it will be by lay-and-pray (koshcheck stylez)

papercut
3/18/07 8:18:20AM
I think rich is the biggest threat to silva IMO I mean he is just sitting and waiting for his rematch and if the rematch happens then rich will take it maybe not easily but he will take it
DavidLee
3/18/07 9:51:45AM
Rich will get the belt back. Rich will not get in the clinch again. Rich will get him to the ground and pound him out.
ronco_loid
3/18/07 12:06:16PM
I think Swick would give him the best fight.
fedorwins1
3/18/07 12:19:59PM
Nathan Marquardt is the best as far as style vs anderson silva, he won't try and stand with anderson and anderson won't submit marquardt either.
loller90278
3/18/07 2:21:03PM
call me crazy but i joined the martin kampmann bandwagon after the mcfedries fight and i think he has the best shot.

rich was unimpressive in his fight against mcdonald
johny_rotten
3/18/07 3:05:44PM
Nate is the only one currently fighting in the UFC that has a legitimate shot. Ivan Salaverry is rumored to be coming back, and he would pose a threat to Anderson as well. Rich doesn't have the skill set or chin to every give Anderson a tough fight.

I am just happy Anderson is in the UFC. No matter who he fights you know it will be an entertaining battle.
Manfred
3/18/07 3:17:54PM
A strong wrestler with great sub defense. Honestly, Hughes has a good shot if he indeed moves up to MW
somethingclever
3/18/07 5:46:57PM
Top notch strikers and anyone with a decent ground game poses a threat to Silva.
Lay_N_Pray
3/18/07 6:46:07PM
I am a big fan of Ace and I think one day he will regain the MW title, but not as long as Silva is the champion.

Franklin is a great striker...Silva is better
Franklin has good subs...Silva is underrated on the ground

No matter what gameplan Ace comes with I think he is outmatched. Now where can you beat Silva? I say its a mix of speed, agression, and percision. Who brings that to the table? Mike Swick

Marquardt is a great fighter but if you dont push the pace on Silva you will lose, and Nate just doesnt fight fast.

Swick can bring it at a furious pace and catch anyone with a punch out of nowhere. Some may call it a punchers chance but I really think Swick matches up well with Silva.
Stickan
3/18/07 7:57:18PM

Posted by loller90278

call me crazy but i joined the martin kampmann bandwagon after the mcfedries fight and i think he has the best shot.

rich was unimpressive in his fight against mcdonald

I've been a fan av Kampmann since his fight against Semenov but he's too small to be the champ in the 185 division.
shawneth
3/18/07 8:29:41PM

Posted by Jeffanori-Gomi

Anderson is great but IMO hes one of those fighters that if you get him out of his gameplan, get in his face, and bully him around, he would break down.

I think if Rich employed the same gameplan as Randy did in his first fight with Liddell, I think Rich would take it.

Anderson is a very talented striker and IMO one of the most entertaining champions to watch, but I forsee a short title run for him. I think if he does loses it will be by lay-and-pray (koshcheck stylez)

I agree completly. I also think that Nate Marquart has the best chance. He's going to take him down, and Lay his way into the UFC MW Champion. Im not bashing Nate, he has alot of talent but this is how the fight will go down.
jocksmall
3/18/07 11:00:31PM
didnt read all of the replies but henderson would most likely beat him up . i know hes in pride but the ufc just isnt that deep
Infused
3/18/07 11:36:42PM
I think that lots of people forget that Anderson Silva has a black belt in BJJ under the Nog Brothers. Thats no small task for him, so i don't think that somoeone with "Alright" sub def. coudl take him out. Look what he did to Lutter, he got him in a triangle choke.
allmotormark
3/19/07 12:50:02AM
rich didn't look too impressive in his comeback fight, but reallyif rich takes him to the ground he probly gonna get sub'd by silva
THE_AXE_MURDERER
3/19/07 2:12:40AM
No One can beat Silva in UFC's MW division.
FBD
3/19/07 3:57:12AM
well do you think marquardt could beat franklin? imo franklin is a better striker than marquardt and probably bigger as well. im not using mma math or anything, but i think silva could knock out marquardt just as easy. but i guess well have to wait and see.
Southpaw82
3/19/07 5:24:28AM
I honestly believe that Matt Lindland poses a real threat, his skills really deserve more appreciation.
Pyrenus
3/19/07 10:20:52AM
No one would beat him standing, they would have to ground and pound out a victory. Lutter got full mount on Silva and was raining down shots to Silva's head before the spider wrapped his long legs around Travis and pulled him off. He's a BJJ black belt, but he seems to rely on that mostly for defense, as he doesn't APPEAR to be anywhere near black belt level on the ground.

Rich will win the rematch, Lindland would toss him all over the place. Swick, eh, not sure. Swick likes to strike too much and hasn't shown too much ground work. Yeah he caught two guys in guillotine chokes but those guys were shooting and swick was defending. Silva won't shoot, and will KO anyone in the division standing up, IMO.
teamquestnorth
3/19/07 1:53:41PM
matt "the law" lindland would mop the floor with him. he would totally nuetralize his striking just like he did against rampage.
Dadaman
3/19/07 3:13:12PM
There's plenty of 185lbrs that can hang and trade with Silva right now! This is the most stacked weight class in the sport.

Guys like Henderson, Kang, Soluev, Bustamante would all match up so well with Silva. His biggest challenges are the groundwizards... the 185 lb class has so many! Guys like Linland, Filho, Marquardt and even Dean Lister could pose a problem.

roman
3/19/07 6:08:35PM

Posted by Jeffanori-Gomi

If Lindland was in the UFC he this post would probably be about him.
hathcock32
3/19/07 6:24:41PM
Dean Lister?? Marquardt hurt him bad for 3 rounds....and Andersons got better stand up than Marquardt
nellyhiphophead
3/19/07 6:27:41PM

Posted by hathcock32

Dean Lister?? Marquardt hurt him bad for 3 rounds....and Andersons got better stand up than Marquardt

i think marquardt might be or rich they could take him down take it in 5 rounds gnp. but you never know what can happen i think anderson cna win both those fights too and thats my i love mma.
riceavenger
3/19/07 7:35:12PM
I'd say anyone that has good takedown skills. Lutter was able to take Silva down with some of the slowest shots I've ever seen in a MMA match in their matchup.
hathcock32
3/19/07 8:50:54PM

Posted by riceavenger

I'd say anyone that has good takedown skills. Lutter was able to take Silva down with some of the slowest shots I've ever seen in a MMA match in their matchup.

Anderson wasn't 100 percent going into the fight, although most fighters never fight 100 percent. Most say if your 100 percent going into a fight your not training right, however Anderson was really banged up.
johny_rotten
3/19/07 9:26:27PM

Posted by FBD

well do you think marquardt could beat franklin? imo franklin is a better striker than marquardt and probably bigger as well. im not using mma math or anything, but i think silva could knock out marquardt just as easy. but i guess well have to wait and see.

Nate is much more technical striker, and has a better chin than Rich. The main thing is Nate is much better at getting a fight to the ground then controlling. If Nate defeated Anderson it would be a snooze fest. Rich will try to bang with Anderson every time, and every time he will get hurt.
Pages: [1] 2