Get Your Popcorn Ready, T.O. is Back!

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Get Your Popcorn Ready, T.O. is Back!
BuffaloDave
8/7/12 12:23:02PM
So Owens is back in the NFL with Seattle signing him to a 1yr deal worth around 1M after he ran a 4.5 40, which is pretty damn good for a 39yr old who hasn't played NFL caliber football in well over a year.

All I can say is good for him! I was never a T.O. hater, While he played for Buffalo he was nothing but a class act, he had every opportunity to throw Buffalo under the bus, at least for the first 6 or 7 weeks when he had Trent Edwards throwing to him.
Theoutlaw08
8/7/12 12:27:00PM
Kind of excited to see if he will make the final roster. TO is a jerk but he has always been entertaining, whether its the public shirtless workouts, crying for the media or crazy TD celebrations, hes pretty funny and entertaining.
Twenty20Dollars
8/7/12 12:52:52PM
yawn
Chael_Sonnen
8/7/12 1:38:00PM
Get your Kleenex ready - - - 'cuz if he cried when Romo threw him the ball, just wait until Seattle's awesome trio of qb's DO NOT get him the ball.

Hey 2 - - - do ya hear that - - - that's the CFL calling you, they have room for a 4th WR on there roster

Crystal ball prediction for 2:

Lots of crunches in his driveway with NO media caring this time, and another FAILED reality show on VH1.

prophecy033
8/7/12 1:43:09PM
The guy is 38 and got no offers last year. He is a cancer to everything he is involved with. Dudes the ultimate drama queen that blames everyone but himself for how his life has ended up......how could you possible think this won't work
tcunningham
8/7/12 2:38:59PM
why the fuck does Seattle insist on signing these has-beens? forget the up and comers, lets sign somebody that used to be good but hasn't been for a long time. stupid Seattle logic IMO
BuffaloDave
8/7/12 3:02:15PM

Posted by tcunningham

why the fuck does Seattle insist on signing these has-beens? forget the up and comers, lets sign somebody that used to be good but hasn't been for a long time. stupid Seattle logic IMO

Exactly how is he a has been? Before his injury in 2010 with Cinci, he was on pace for 75+ receptions, over 1000 yards receiving and 10 tds, in the 14 games he played he had 72 983 9 stat line. Shit even the year before when he was with Buffalo with shitty ass Trent Edwards throwing him the ball for a half a season he still put up decent numbers 55 829 5.

I admit his on/off field antics rub a lot of people the wrong way, but to call him a has-been is a bit absurd.

Oh and Proph, he hasn't been a cancer to a team since he left Dallas, like I said in my OP, he was nothing but a class act during his year in Buffalo, I'm also pretty sure Cinci fans say the same thing about his time there.
Bubbles
8/7/12 3:03:12PM
Seattle barely has a #1 WR right now as it is...they can use all the help they can get
airkerma
8/7/12 3:13:13PM
We Bungals fans didn't notice his antics as Chode was always getting penalties for excessive celebration or just driving around in some ridiculous rig and Henry was busy throwing bottles at U Cinci students etc etc. So in short, he was decent for the team because he picked up where Chode left off on the field. Why Chode could no longer catch or run a proper route however, is beyond me.
sparky
8/7/12 3:15:06PM
I'm glad T.O found his way back minus his stay in Dallas he has always been a good WR.

War T.O
cowcatcher
8/7/12 3:56:16PM
He's probably better than anything they have in Seattle, so why not take a chance on the guy? If his numbers are just decent he's going to be a big help to the team so long as he worries about football and not his other BS.
Pookie
8/7/12 4:00:57PM
For 1 Mil thats a pretty good pick-up.
kopower
8/7/12 4:08:20PM
For 1 mil why not? If he still has speed, he'll be a decent pick up. If Seattle had a decent qb, I think TO could put up decent numbers again. Hopefully TO isn't just doing it for a check. Can't wait to see T Jack throw his jump passes to him.
prophecy033
8/7/12 4:14:15PM

Posted by BuffaloDave

Posted by tcunningham

Exactly how is he a has been? Before his injury in 2010 with Cinci, he was on pace for 75+ receptions, over 1000 yards receiving and 10 tds, in the 14 games he played he had 72 983 9 stat line. Shit even the year before when he was with Buffalo with shitty ass Trent Edwards throwing him the ball for a half a season he still put up decent numbers 55 829 5.

I admit his on/off field antics rub a lot of people the wrong way, but to call him a has-been is a bit absurd.

Oh and Proph, he hasn't been a cancer to a team since he left Dallas, like I said in my OP, he was nothing but a class act during his year in Buffalo, I'm also pretty sure Cinci fans say the same thing about his time there.

He didn't have to be the cancer in cincy, ocho cinco already was and nobody really pays attention to Buffalo () I'm sure he will be on his best behavior in Seattle cuz its his last shot. I'm mean, if he WASN'T,why didn't ANYONE go to his open workout last year? It wasn't just his surgery that kept them away
Bubbles
8/7/12 4:25:06PM

Posted by kopower

For 1 mil why not? If he still has speed, he'll be a decent pick up. If Seattle had a decent qb, I think TO could put up decent numbers again. Hopefully TO isn't just doing it for a check. Can't wait to see T Jack throw his jump passes to him.

Matt Flynn is their QB...the guy who had one outstanding game for GB last season and hasn't thrown for more than 70 passes a season
Pookie
8/7/12 4:25:58PM
8/7/12 4:28:45PM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by kopower

Matt Flynn is their QB...the guy who had one outstanding game for GB last season and hasn't thrown for more than 70 passes a season

From what I'm hearing Jackson is performing better in camp. With that being said, I fully expect Seattle to start Flynn
BuffaloDave
8/7/12 4:31:35PM

Posted by prophecy033

He didn't have to be the cancer in cincy, ocho cinco already was and nobody really pays attention to Buffalo () I'm sure he will be on his best behavior in Seattle cuz its his last shot. I'm mean, if he WASN'T,why didn't ANYONE go to his open workout last year? It wasn't just his surgery that kept them away

Touche on the Buffalo dig!!

Agreed that it's his last shot, definitely will be on his best behavior in Seattle.

I guess all this will be settled during the football season, either I'll look like a fool for trying to defend him or I knew what I was talking about if he does well.
george112
8/7/12 4:32:36PM
As soon as Owens stood in the middle of the star in Dallas he lost my fanship for life

prophecy033
8/7/12 4:37:21PM

Posted by BuffaloDave

Posted by prophecy033

Touche on the Buffalo dig!!

Agreed that it's his last shot, definitely will be on his best behavior in Seattle.

I guess all this will be settled during the football season, either I'll look like a fool for trying to defend him or I knew what I was talking about if he does well.

Hey man, you guys got a nice player in Mario Williams and Fred Jackson was killing it last year (especially on my fantasy team) until he got hurt
prophecy033
8/7/12 4:39:15PM

Posted by george112

As soon as Owens stood in the middle of the star in Dallas he lost my fanship for life

I still love seeing that
kopower
8/7/12 5:49:39PM

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by kopower

From what I'm hearing Jackson is performing better in camp. With that being said, I fully expect Seattle to start Flynn

That's what I was going off of. I can't imagine Flynn wouldn't be the starting qb, with the big contract he signed.
Theoutlaw08
8/7/12 5:59:26PM

Posted by george112

HAHAHA
That could be my favorite TO celebration ever. I hate the Cowboys and am in no way a TO fan, but that still makes me happy seeing that. TO hurt the pack back in the day when he was a 49er. Big pass down the middle ended our playoff run.
40ouncetofreedom
8/8/12 11:35:39AM
I just question his motivation,I mean his numbers are definitely hall of fame material,But i read about him being bankrupt and owing a shit ton of money in child support.So is he playing because he wants some of that money or because he thinks he can still be elite or both?

I think he can still be pretty productive,He's never been the 1 trick pony speed guy who is just a down field burner,So losing speed with age hasn't killed his entire game.

Unrelated but i've officialy boycotted ESPN first take,I mean how many fucking days in a row can you debate the same shit about Tebow and Sanchez...

I can sum it up really easy.Tebow is a great athlete but will not become a great passer.

Sanchez another overhyped USC QB to never win anything at the Pro level.Oh wait i guess Rob Fucking Johnson won a ring as a backup. I think