Police hunting Amish haircutting gang

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Police hunting Amish haircutting gang
Next Page »
Kpro
10/10/11 8:04:18AM
A group of Amish men is being investigated for allegedly breaking into Ohio family homes and chopping their victims' hair and beards off, The Wheeling Intelligencer reports.

The Amish hair-cutting gang is being investigated by four different sheriff departments in Ohio. They face charges of burglary and felonious assault.

The group refers to itself as part of the Bergholz clan, a nearby Amish community led by bishop Sam Mullet, which was the subject of a disputed child custody raid in 2007 amid allegations of sexual abuse.

The spate of attacks began around three weeks ago and targeted other Amish community members, the newspaper said.

One of the victims in Holmes County described how the gang of between 20 to 30 men dragged him from his house by his beard. Others said they were accosted inside their homes before their hair was cut off.

Holmes County sheriff Timothy Zimmerly told reporters the victims also included a 13-year-old girl and a 74-year-old man.

The gang's alleged getaway vehicle - a truck and horse trailer - was searched for evidence by police in Jefferson County.

LINK

Twenty20Dollars
10/10/11 11:50:42AM
What's a 13 year old girl doing with a beard.
Poor_Franklin
10/10/11 2:19:28PM
not your everyday Amish news
prophecy033
10/10/11 2:38:11PM
Amish....Gang....
Adrenaline
10/10/11 4:20:10PM
I love how the leader of this hair assaulting gang is named after one of the most notorious hair cuts in history.

Twenty20Dollars
10/10/11 11:21:08PM
Other gangs kill you, this gang makes you look foolish while your alive.
Pookie
10/11/11 12:09:29AM
Where do you find these articles? How much time do you spend searching?
Kpro
10/11/11 12:19:16AM

Posted by Pookie

Where do you find these articles? How much time do you spend searching?

They're actually almost all found through a site I go to all the time for bizarre news, scientific discoveries, world news, ancient mysteries/discoveries, etc. I definitely recommend the site for more than just articles like Amish haircutting gang's

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com
KungFuMaster
10/11/11 2:21:47AM
This case is being investigated by 4 sheriff departments but when someone gets murdered in my town, the relatives of the victim will be lucky if the case makes it to the investigators' doors steps. Simply amazing how priority works in the Law Enforcement department.
Adrenaline
10/11/11 3:09:05AM

Posted by KungFuMaster

Simply amazing how priority works in the Law Enforcement department.

Its pretty amazing that you know every cop and every agency in the country to make such an incorrect blanket statement.

It's a ligh hearted topic. Laugh, move on.
KungFuMaster
10/11/11 12:35:33PM

Posted by Adrenaline

Posted by KungFuMaster

Its pretty amazing that you know every cop and every agency in the country to make such an incorrect blanket statement.

I did laugh.

And yes, my statement was outrageous and I did not intend to include every cop and every agency. I was merely poking fun but there is a lot of truth in what I said. Did you know if a homeless person was found dead or murdered in a big city, the case will not go into investigation?

You probably do not believe this but all Law Enforcement agencies are driven by politics. Furthermore, you mean to tell me you do not see the preferential treatment from law enforcement agencies? Why is it - more resources are put forth when tracking down someone who has killed a cop or a public official compared to someone who killed an average citizen? Is the life of a public officer more important than the life of an average citizen?

We live in a very cruel world where almost everything revolves around money. Money determines a lot of outcome in the Law Enforcement and Judicial departments.
cowcatcher
10/11/11 12:41:20PM

Posted by KungFuMaster

Did you know if a homeless person was found dead or murdered in a big city, the case will not go into investigation?

I don't disagree with the stuff after this, but this is unequivocally false. Without even getting into the "I know this person or that person in law enforcement", which anyone can say on the interwebs, I can tell you just to turn on a show like The First 48 to see that it's not true.
cowcatcher
10/11/11 12:43:39PM
I would have horrible nightmares reading this if I could grow a beard that looked better than the Team America disguise.

KungFuMaster
10/11/11 1:05:48PM

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by KungFuMaster

Did you know if a homeless person was found dead or murdered in a big city, the case will not go into investigation?

I don't disagree with the stuff after this, but this is unequivocally false. Without even getting into the "I know this person or that person in law enforcement", which anyone can say on the interwebs, I can tell you just to turn on a show like The First 48 to see that it's not true.

I live in a big city where there are a lot of crimes. The law enforcement department has to decide which cases to investigate based on the amount of resources it has. Often times, the Jane Does and homeless people who are found dead or murdered will simply not make it to the investigators' door steps due to the lack of resources and the overwhelming number of cases pending.

Now, if you live in a smaller town where there are not a lot of cases pending, then most likely every case will get a fair investigative period.
KungFuMaster
10/11/11 1:14:34PM
If you guys like, I will edit my statement to make it more truthful.

Edit: Did you know if a homeless person was found dead or murdered in a big city, the case will likely not go into investigation?
cowcatcher
10/11/11 1:15:06PM

Posted by KungFuMaster

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by KungFuMaster

I live in a big city where there are a lot of crimes. The law enforcement department has to decide which cases to investigate based on the amount of resources it has. Often times, the Jane Does and homeless people who are found dead or murdered will simply not make it to the investigators' door steps due to the lack of resources and the overwhelming number of cases pending.

Now, if you live in a smaller town where there are not a lot of cases pending, then most likely every case will get a fair investigative period.

When a dead body turns up they don't just call in the meat wagon and load him/her up. Police are called in, and immediately and investigation begins right there on the scene. Whether or not that investigation is pursued for any great period of time is a different story, but to say there's no investigation is wrong, I can't see how you are arguing that.
KungFuMaster
10/11/11 1:23:18PM

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by KungFuMaster

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by KungFuMaster

When a dead body turns up they don't just call in the meat wagon and load him/her up. Police are called in, and immediately and investigation begins right there on the scene. Whether or not that investigation is pursued for any great period of time is a different story, but to say there's no investigation is wrong, I can't see how you are arguing that.

I am not arguing that. I know an investigation is done on the spot upon finding the corpse. What I am referring to is the latter part of the investigation where resources become an issue.

cowcatcher
10/11/11 1:24:45PM
Ok
prophecy033
10/11/11 2:06:19PM
KungFuMaster
10/11/11 2:11:23PM

Posted by cowcatcher

Ok

I think we agree more than disagree on things yet we tend to run into each other.

I blame it on text conversations.

emfleek
10/11/11 2:18:08PM

Posted by KungFuMaster

I blame it on text conversations.

I blame it on the rain.

Adrenaline
10/11/11 2:56:10PM

Posted by KungFuMaster

Posted by Adrenaline

Posted by KungFuMaster

I did laugh.

And yes, my statement was outrageous and I did not intend to include every cop and every agency. I was merely poking fun but there is a lot of truth in what I said. Did you know if a homeless person was found dead or murdered in a big city, the case will not go into investigation?

You probably do not believe this but all Law Enforcement agencies are driven by politics. Furthermore, you mean to tell me you do not see the preferential treatment from law enforcement agencies? Why is it - more resources are put forth when tracking down someone who has killed a cop or a public official compared to someone who killed an average citizen? Is the life of a public officer more important than the life of an average citizen?

We live in a very cruel world where almost everything revolves around money. Money determines a lot of outcome in the Law Enforcement and Judicial departments.

I didn't mean to jump your shit, you are one of my favorite posters. I have intimate knowledge on this subject so no need to explain the politics. It tends to happen when sheriffs are elected and Chiefs are appointed by elected officials. If it were any other way we would be talking about privately ran law enforcement and that would be a disaster. No need to go too deep into this, you explained yourself better in your follow up posts and I can respect your opinion even though I don't agree with all of it. We have alot of posters on this site that are in law enforcement and they are all great people so just realize that when you make a controversial statement about something on this topic someone is going to call you out on it. (usually me ha ha)

Anyway like I said, this is a funny topic so lets knock off this serious stuff before Emfleek posts more Milli Vanilli GIFS
emfleek
10/11/11 2:59:26PM

Posted by Adrenaline

Anyway like I said, this is a funny topic so lets knock off this serious stuff before Emfleek posts more Milli Vanilli GIFS

prophecy033
10/11/11 3:46:54PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by Adrenaline

that's hot
emfleek
10/11/11 3:52:45PM

Posted by prophecy033

that's hot

Girl, you know it's true!

And now a dance duet from Bananderlei and his Mexican cousin, Antonio Bananuelos!

warglory
10/11/11 5:19:19PM

Posted by KungFuMaster

If you guys like, I will edit my statement to make it more truthful.

Edit: Did you know if a homeless person was found dead or murdered in a big city, the case will likely not go into investigation?

That's not true either. Murder is a murder, and it goes up for investigation in the homicide dept, and has to be reported as such. It might not be worked for awhile, but it still must be investigated if only for bureaucratic reasons.

(EDIT: Sorry, just noticed you already followed up on this point. I should have read the rest of the thread before posting!)
prophecy033
10/11/11 5:29:57PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by prophecy033

that's hot

Girl, you know it's true!

And now a dance duet from Bananderlei and his Mexican cousin, Antonio Bananuelos!

TOO SEXY, TOO SEXY
KungFuMaster
10/11/11 5:50:05PM

Posted by Adrenaline

Posted by KungFuMaster

Posted by Adrenaline

Posted by KungFuMaster

I did laugh.

I didn't mean to jump your shit, you are one of my favorite posters. I have intimate knowledge on this subject so no need to explain the politics. It tends to happen when sheriffs are elected and Chiefs are appointed by elected officials. If it were any other way we would be talking about privately ran law enforcement and that would be a disaster. No need to go too deep into this, you explained yourself better in your follow up posts and I can respect your opinion even though I don't agree with all of it. We have alot of posters on this site that are in law enforcement and they are all great people so just realize that when you make a controversial statement about something on this topic someone is going to call you out on it. (usually me ha ha)

No worries buddy. We are simply sharing opinions here.

KungFuMaster
10/11/11 5:51:55PM

Guess who it is for an easy prop.
emfleek
10/11/11 5:55:45PM

Posted by KungFuMaster

Guess who it is for an easy prop.

Sinead O'Connor

EDIT: For the record, I knew who it was without looking but, in the future, you may want to change the file name prior to posting.

Pages: [1] 2