UFC Point Challenge Side Game

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Side Games » UFC Point Challenge Side Game
Next Page »
trevail
1/8/12 12:57:29AM
Hey guys, I opened a side game similar to this in my camp and lets just say it didnt exactly take off. I like the idea since it seems constantly engaging..

Basically its a player v player betting challenge in which each member has 15 points to start and can post challenges or propositions of any kind prior to a ufc event and the first opposing player to accept the challenge is locked in. The value of the bet is negotiable within a 1 to 3 point range for each bet.

For example prior to UFC 142 I could post the following challenges:

- Johnson beats Belfort (3 points)
- Aldo vs Mendes ends in the 1st half of the fight (2 points)
- UFC 142 will include less than 6 decisions (2 points)
- etc

Then once posted any other player could accept a challenge or attempt to alter or renegotiate one of my challenges as well as post their own...

"Player A" posts:

"In response to trevail's post, Ill take Diaz over Cerrone for 3 points (*CONFIRMED) and would do less than 6 decisions for 3 points instead of 2?"

By adding the (*Confirmed) it will make it easier for me to track bets and keep score after each event. If you lose all your points you are eliminated and who ever has the most points at the end of the season is the champ. Also, I was thinking of adding one "pool bet" for each event which would be a question with multiple possible outcomes and each player willing to take a chance would commit one point with the winner taking it all.

Pool Bet Examples:
How and it what round will Etim v Barboza end? (no repeats)
- possible answers: Etim UD, Barboza 1 KO, Etim 2 SUB etc.....
With out going over, how long will the shortest fight of UFC 142 be?
- possible answers: 12 seconds, 1 minute 3 seconds etc..........

Depending on interest I was thinking about capping the game at approximately 12 players so that it doesnt become to difficult to track.

What do you guys think? Let me know if your in or if you have any recommendations.

Budgellism
1/8/12 1:00:12AM
I'm in
trevail
1/8/12 1:04:02AM
Wow, in under 3 minutes
Budgellism
1/8/12 1:13:55AM

Posted by trevail

Wow, in under 3 minutes

lol, convenient timing.

It's a good idea for a side game.
Lesnar1
1/8/12 3:38:32AM
I'd like to get in on this, great concept
Rabi
1/8/12 6:24:40AM
And me.
Rabi
1/8/12 6:25:22AM
Im gonna post a link in my camp as well.
jjeans
1/8/12 8:44:15AM

Posted by trevail

Hey guys, I opened a side game similar to this in my camp and lets just say it didnt exactly take off. I like the idea since it seems constantly engaging..

I almost forgot that some camps struggled with finding Sidegame players, PjMy is the best camp for sidegames! Home of all the best sidegames in terms of quantity and quality! It'll be easy to find 12 gamers from the PjMy, myself included.

On that note! Sign me up!!!

Maybe it'll be the first time me and Ray go head to head on something
trevail
1/8/12 7:30:25PM
Well we got to 5 players in a hurry. I'll also post in my camp.
trevail
1/8/12 9:31:23PM
Final Points:

- Limit will be 12 players with 15 points each to start, players will be able to join in even after the challenges have started until we reach 12.
- In order, to give everyone a fair shake to find the game and enroll we will hold of posting/accepting challenges until the floor opens at 8 pm EST on Tuesday.
- All challenges will be locked in once confirmed, unless a fighter pulls out or a fight is cancelled.
- The floor will be open until 12 pm EST on Saturday the day of the fights.
- I will post 1-2 "pool" questions as close to the opening as I can.
- Good luck to all!
Juicy_J
1/8/12 11:59:51PM
Count me in.
trevail
1/10/12 11:40:45AM
Still room for 6 more players, hopefully some more interest is shown once we start posting challenges later today.
trevail
1/10/12 9:31:18PM
Here are the pool bets for UFC 142:

Bet 142A: What will be the combined time of the bouts between Terry Etim/Edson Barboza and Rousimar Palhares/Mike Massenzio? The winner is the closest bet without going over and you cannot make a bet that is within 60 seconds of a previous bet. (1 point to enter, winner takes all)
- trevail took 6 minutes 30 seconds
- Juicy_J took 15 minutes even
- Bubbles took 21 minutes 35 seconds

Bet 142B: Who will win the "KO of the Night" bonus? No repeat answers. (1 point to enter, winner takes all)
- Budgellism took Oliviera
- trevail took Johnson
- Rabi took Belfort
- Bubbles took Gonzaga

Feel free to make your pool bet guesses and post any challenges at 8pm EST (in 30 minuntes)

Good luck to all!
trevail
1/10/12 11:43:28PM
My UFC 142 Challenges:

- Johnson beats Belfort (2 points) *CONFIRMED vs Rabi
- Palhares wins by Sub in the 1st half of the fight (1 point)
- Alcantra beats Omigawa (2 points)
- Gonzaga beats Oliviera (1 point) *CONFIRMED vs Budgellism
- Aldo retains his title (2 points) *CONFIRMED vs Bubbles
- Erick Silva beats Carlo Prater (3 points)
Budgellism
1/11/12 12:31:02AM

Posted by trevail

Bet 142B: Who will win the "KO of the Night" bonus? No repeat answers. (1 point to enter, winner takes all)

Oliveira
Budgellism
1/11/12 12:32:14AM

Posted by trevail

My UFC 142 Challenges:

- Johnson beats Belfort (2 points)
- Palhares wins by Sub in the 1st half of the fight (1 point)
- Alcantra beats Omigawa (2 points)
- Gonzaga beats Oliviera (1 point)
- Aldo retains his title (2 points)
- Erick Silva beats Carlo Prater (3 points)

I'll take the Gonzaga vs. Oliviera challenge.
trevail
1/11/12 12:58:33AM
*confirmed
Rabi
1/11/12 1:18:39AM
Ill take Belfort for the KOTN and ill take your 2 pt bet that Belfort beats Johnson.

Both of these are confirmed

trevail
1/11/12 9:17:57PM
Hey guys don't be afraid to post a bunch of your own challenges to really get this going.
Bubbles
1/12/12 12:08:36AM
im in. trevail ill bet the 2 points that Mendes will be Aldo.

ill take Gonzaga by KOTN and 21 minutes and 35 seconds for the 1st pool
Bubbles
1/12/12 12:17:20AM
my 142 bet challenges:

2 points that there will be more (T)KOs than submissions
1 point that at least one of the current PG underdog bonus fighters will win (Mendes, Prater, Funch)
3 points that Barboza will win
1 point that there will be at least 1 BS decision
Rabi
1/12/12 2:21:12AM
Ill take the 1 pt that all those under dogs will lose!

CONFIRMED
Juicy_J
1/12/12 3:34:26AM
For the pool, I'll say the two bouts' time will be 15:00.

Bubbles, I'll put 3 points on Etim

My challenges:
Arantes beats Cavarlho (3 points) CONFIRMED - Rabi
Stout beats Tavares (2 points)
Rabi
1/12/12 4:12:34AM
Juicy J, ill take the Carvalho bet for 3 pts!

CONFIRMED
Rabi
1/12/12 6:14:48AM
I'd like to set up a little pool, its 1 pt to enter and you have to pick the fight on the card you think will be the shortest.

The winner will be the shortest fight out of the fights selected.

I will pick Oliviera and Gonzaga
jjeans
1/12/12 10:44:16AM
Fighter to win in the quickest time?

I want Erick Silva
Budgellism
1/12/12 2:36:39PM

Posted by Rabi

I'd like to set up a little pool, its 1 pt to enter and you have to pick the fight on the card you think will be the shortest.

The winner will be the shortest fight out of the fights selected.

I will pick Oliviera and Gonzaga

I'll enter that pool.

Palhares vs. Massenzio is my guess for shortest fight.
Budgellism
1/12/12 2:40:05PM
I'd also like to set up my own pool.

It's 1 point to enter and we'll guess what submission Palhares pulls off in his fight with Massenzio. If he doesn't win by submission all points will be returned. Points will also be returned if we don't guess the correct submission.

I'll take the obvious choice, which is by Heel Hook. Any takers?

I'll even put in 2 points instead of 1 since I got the first pick. Everyone else that enters only needs to put in 1 point.
trevail
1/12/12 3:16:48PM
This is getting good! Could you guys please edit your posts to show any confirmed bets and who took the challenge. It will help tremendously for score keeping.
Rabi
1/12/12 6:01:00PM

Posted by Budgellism

I'd also like to set up my own pool.

It's 1 point to enter and we'll guess what submission Palhares pulls off in his fight with Massenzio. If he doesn't win by submission all points will be returned. Points will also be returned if we don't guess the correct submission.

Hey Budge Now about my 1 pt vs your 2 pt, you have Palhares via sub and I have any other way the fight ends?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9