No Plea Deal For Driver Accused Of Killing Charles "Mask" Lewis

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » No Plea Deal For Driver Accused Of Killing Charles "Mask" Lewis
DCRage
9/8/09 8:38:06PM
The Orange County Register has an update on the case against Jeffrey David Kirby, the man accused of killing Tapout’s Charles “Mask” Lewis in a drunk-driving accident this past spring. Late last week the judge refused to give Kirby a reduced sentence in exchange for pleading guilty to vehicular manslaughter. Instead, prosecutors are seeking an 18-year sentence for Kirby, who has two prior convictions for drunk driving and had a .13 blood/alcohol level hours after the crash that killed Mask.

Article
Jackelope
9/8/09 8:40:18PM
Wow.. two previous convictions? What a turd. I say throw the books at him
higdon10
9/9/09 12:47:56AM

Posted by Jackelope

Wow.. two previous convictions? What a turd. I say throw the books at him

Yeah, he's done.
GrandMaster313
9/9/09 12:53:30AM
Boo this man!!!!
wrona666
9/9/09 12:56:29AM
good i hope they put that POS away for a long time.....
telnights
9/9/09 1:24:48AM

Defense attorney David E. Swanson said during a one-hour hearing in the Harbor Justice Center that Kirby "feels horrible about what happened. He is extremely remorseful … he's devastated. He will never get over this."

If he felt so bad he would have manned up and stayed and helped and not ran off. This guy knew what he was doing and had been charged 2 other times with drunk driving. It's clear he didn't care about the law or other people's well being. Now that he has killed someone he feels so bad that he wants to make a plea deal? Yeah that sounds like he is really torn up about it so bad he is still worried more about himself than what he has done.